• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

A Return to Clarity

Staff Member
And he built an altar there and called the place El Bethel, because there God appeared to him when he fled from the face of his brother. Genesis 35:7

After a disastrous episode in his life where God seemed far away and he didn't seek Him (Genesis 34), Jacob was in dire need of clarity. He returned to Bethel, the place where God had revealed He was with him, where Jacob had come alive spiritually. There God reminded him of His protection and provision (Genesis 35:7-14).

To be fully available to God, you must get to a place where you truly recognize your need and His presence in your life. To have a Bethel moment, clear away the cobwebs of cluttered thinking (and schedules). Remind yourself of what you know to be true about God. Make time to worship, thanking and honoring Him with your words and actions.

David wrote a primer on drawing close to God: "He who walks uprightly, And works righteousness, And speaks the truth in his heart; He [who] does not backbite with his tongue, Nor does evil to his neighbor, Nor does he take up a reproach against his friend; In whose eyes a vile person is despised, But he honors those who fear the LORD; He [who] swears to his own hurt and does not change; He [who] does not put out his money at usury, Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these [things] shall never be moved." Psalm 15:2-5

Prayer: I want to get back to basics, God, focusing on godly behavior as a response to You and Your faithfulness, goodness, and mercies. Help me to see You on the path ahead of me.