• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

a Phd in suffering

Staff Member
thank you for sharing

good through to the end.

Could we consider that we don't actually walk until suffering begins?

Keep on walking, yes, but also consider... our true walk is not put into motion without trials.

Consider the fruit of the Spirit. All aspects can only have their true value and meaning in the face of the things that oppose them. Hence the use of the 'description' "fruit'. (please think about this for a few moments, at least)

Without the sun bearing down, fruit does not ripen to it's full sweetness.

Bless you and thank you again ....><>

Active
Yes you are welcome. This and Net Chaplin's post really hit the spot and confirmed some things. I have been praying that God make me a tender/soft heart as opposed to a strong/hard heart. And He is, thru this ONE particular trial at the moment. I'm reminded to walk, not run [lest I trip].
Consider the fruit of the Spirit.
I'll list them for practice.

NKJ
love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control
YLT
love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.
All aspects can only have their true value and meaning in the face of the things that oppose them. Hence the use of the 'description' "fruit'. (please think about this for a few moments, at least)
Ok.

This is good discussion and good points. As a young Christian, I recall a "honey moon" period where the Lord really carried me. I knew and felt His love and presence. But then His dealings started ... but in hind sight, I know it is good. "These temporary light afflictions are not worthy ...". Honestly, these years of trial are nothing compared to His glory. It makes Him sweeter and more glorious and this world less and less.

Staff Member
@timotheus

Greetings Brother,

This is good discussion and good points. As a young Christian, I recall a "honey moon" period where the Lord really carried me. I knew and felt His love and presence. But then His dealings started ... but in hind sight, I know it is good. "These temporary light afflictions are not worthy ...". Honestly, these years of trial are nothing compared to His glory. It makes Him sweeter and more glorious and this world less and less.

Give thanks to the LORD for He is good
His merciful lovingkindness endures for ever..... and that 'for ever' is even now.

Bless you and yours ....><>

Loyal
God's grace is sufficient for you...now walk on thru!

:oops::sob:

Definitely keep on pushing through.

I'm working on my Doctorate as well and I can't even begin to share the magnitude of resistance
that I've received.

This is a mountain indeed for me. I'm on year 6 on this end and about $60,000 of out of pocket
tuition expenses, and still pushing through paying $9,000 out of pocket every year for what seems
to be little progress (On the dissertation).

Spiritual attacks at night, in my mind. Much, but I remind myself
that this much be a great opportunity to glorify God since the struggle is so great.

Let's push on through together and climb this mountain one step at a time. God can do this, let's believe and enjoy the journey. The process.

"....Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 17:20

Active
Definitely keep on pushing through.

I'm working on my Doctorate as well
In what subject is your Doctorate?
Let's push on through together and climb this mountain one step at a time. God can do this, let's believe and enjoy the journey. The process.

"....Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 17:20
Yes. And I posit: 2 Cor1:3-7 - let us CLING to our God in the Lord Jesus!

3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. 5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
6 And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.7 And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.

Loyal
A
In what subject is your Doctorate?

Yes. And I posit: 2 Cor1:3-7 - let us CLING to our God in the Lord Jesus!

3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. 5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
6 And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.7 And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.
Amen,

I'm doing a DSW. Doctor of Social Work.

My topic is on spirituality and mental health.

I composed this song today to inspire you (and others) that God will

move this mountain. Love and God Bless.