• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

A Perspective on Predestination

Active
Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
  • So he foreknew and he predestine. What I see here is "for those He foreknew". Certainly God foreknows everyone, so the " For those God foreknew", musts be a select group based on something they have in common.Since we are talking ultimately about salvation here, what could they have in common...must be that they accepted God's gift and became children of God. So, surely, those he foreknew and accepted him, he predestined for salvation....those who do not accept him are not predestined for salvation.
  • I recently found this "Ellicott's Commentary. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate.—The process already summed up under these two phrases is now resolved more fully and exactly into its parts, with the inference suggested that to those who are under the divine guidance at every step in their career nothing can act but for good. The two phrases indicate two distinct steps. God, in His infinite foreknowledge, knew that certain persons would submit to be conformed to the image of His Son, and he predestined them for this.
  • I am not saying this commentary is right or wrong. But, what I am saying it fits my belief!:

Active
I think Paul is referring to abrahams children here...those he foreknew. Paul's forefathers.
Read the next chapter.

Then he goes on to talk about the gentiles coming to Christ.
When the bible talks about elect, it is referring to abrahams children..they were the ones chosen to recieive the commandments etc. The other people who were not in abrahams line were not chosen by God to be his special people and holy nation.i.e the child of promise was Isaac, not Ishmael. Then it was Jacob, not Esau who got the birthright blessing. Esau actually had it but gave it up for a bowl of stew!

Its not that these descendants in themselves were special it was Gods plan to bring forth redemption through his son Jesus all along for all mankind. Gentiles believers are adopeted into this family so we are now chosen too, in Christ. Remember Jesus ancestors were from abrahams line. Although he is divine as well, his earthly family was from Israel and from the tribe of Judah.

Active
Gentiles believers are adopeted into this family so we are now chosen too, i
For sure Jesus is / can be Lord and Savior for all. What you say sounds very reasonable to me, the Bible is also a history book. Truly, God being Savior to all and Omnipotent, surely He fore-new and predestine all believers past, present and future!