• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

A Newbie

I had a very bad time with religion when a kid, being force fed the 'born again' mantra was horrific and scary. I was pleased to lose my faith. I post on religious forums to see if I am missing something, but so far no one has persuaded me there is anything worth having where Christianity or any other religion is concerned.

Staff Member
Greetings,

Scripture tells us that children should obey their parents for this is well pleasing to God. He said the same about His Son.
From what I understand, that's all children need to be burdened with which should be light. Hellfire and damnation and condemnation are not suitable for children.
Seems like you had some inappropriate food as a youngster. However, don't spend your days moaning about what was but try enjoying what is and ask for some healing and love to come your way. You know Who you're asking and He knows your past. He certainly has plans for your future.
What have you got to lose?

Bless you ....><>

Administrator
Staff Member
I had a very bad time with religion when a kid, being force fed the 'born again' mantra was horrific and scary. I was pleased to lose my faith. I post on religious forums to see if I am missing something, but so far no one has persuaded me there is anything worth having where Christianity or any other religion is concerned.

Welcome to the forums. I believe in speaking the truth without reservations or cutting corners. I'll say this outright, you are missing absolutely everything you need. That is Jesus Christ. In Him alone is found forgiveness of sins, eternal life, hope and purpose. I have nothing to gain by saying this is I weren't convinced it's truth.

Based on your intro, it seems to me that your upbringing was not in a style and purpose that God teaches parents to raise their children. It's not about religion but relationship. Legalism is also not God's will.

Just ask God to reveal Himself to you. Do this sincerely if you truly seek Him and He will make Himself known to you. He wants that more than you do! tIt's a beautiful thing.

John 6:37
All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

When I was a Christian as a child and sincerely prayed for some sign Jesus existed but he never bothered to come through for me. If he couldn't give some sign he exists to a child, it is more than likely he died 2000 years ago, and none of what is claimed for him was true.

Administrator
Staff Member
When I was a Christian as a child and sincerely prayed for some sign Jesus existed but he never bothered to come through for me. If he couldn't give some sign he exists to a child, it is more than likely he died 2000 years ago, and none of what is claimed for him was true.

So a billion Christians are deceived about who Jesus is, whether or not He rose again 2000 Years ago? Are you going to continue this search based on truth, facts or your opinions?

You were a child. Did you sincerely, truly in your heart ask Him to reveal Himself to you as an adult? What makes you think He ignored you as a child? You're here on the forums looking for an answer. Don't you think that's a sign that GOD is trying to reach you? How about me and other members here preaching to you the goodness of GOD? That's another way He works through people. He is outside time and space. He works on his timing according to His perfect wisdom and purpose. He never ignores anyone who comes to Him. GOD does not contradict Himself.

So a billion Christians are deceived about who Jesus is, whether or not He rose again 2000 Years ago? Are you going to continue this search based on truth, facts or your opinions?

You were a child. Did you sincerely, truly in your heart ask Him to reveal Himself to you as an adult? What makes you think He ignored you as a child? You're here on the forums looking for an answer. Don't you think that's a sign that GOD is trying to reach you? How about me and other members here preaching to you the goodness of GOD? That's another way He works through people. He is outside time and space. He works on his timing according to His perfect wisdom and purpose. He never ignores anyone who comes to Him. GOD does not contradict Himself.

Billions of Christians could well be wrong. There are billions of Muslims too no doubt you think they are wrong. If Jesus couldn't be bothered to come through for a child, he isn't a pleasant character, or more likely is dead long ago!

Loyal
When I was a Christian as a child and sincerely prayed for some sign Jesus existed but he never bothered to come through for me. If he couldn't give some sign he exists to a child,

Luke 11:29 When the crowds were increasing, he began to say, "This generation is an evil generation. It seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah.
Luke 11:30 For as Jonah became a sign to the people of Nineveh, so will the Son of Man be to this generation.

You are seeking for something that will never be given. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God by which people believe and are saved.
Faith gives evidence, and proof that God exists, and is true, which is far more trustworthily than any external sign because it is eternal!!