• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

A new perspective on life? - Hopefully

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Ever since I read this book one night I have had an amazing new perspective of life from that night on, and I hope through this thread maybe you will too. The book was 'A Life God Rewards' by author Bruce Wilkinson. Its a very short book, and taken me but 30 minutes to read, but it was so powerful to me. So here goes...

The Bible tells us in 1 Corinthians Chapter 3 Verse 13 this: "Each person's work, will be shown for what it is. On Judgement Day it will be brought to light. It will be put through fire." In other words every single thing you have ever done, will be made public, for the whole world to see! HOW EMBARRASING! For most people atleast - and Im one of them. The things you have done will be tested by Gods Fire.

Imagine life as building a house, and Jesus Christ is our base, our foundation - without him, building this house is impossible. There are two different types of materials we can use to build our houses - 1) Useless materials, that burn - "wood, hay, and straw" as the Bible puts it. or 2) Useful materials, that are purified by fire, such as gold, silver or precious gems and jewels. Each good thing you do will add a new 'brick' to our house, a brick made of a useful material that will not burn in Gods fire, where as on the contrary every bad thing we do will add a brick made of a useless material. The moment we die, the moment we leave life on physical earth, then our house is complete - no more adjustments can be made. Then comes...... the fire.

Our houses will be tested by Gods eternal fire. Will your house stand?? Or, will it burn to the floor? I sincerely hope the first one brothers and sisters! This certainly inspired me to want to do good, and ever since that day I read this book, I have tried to jump at the opportunity to do a good deed! I think of it as one extra brick each time I do a good deed. 1 Corinthians Chapter 3 Verse 14 tells us "If the building that has been put on the foundation still stands, the builder will get a reward"! How exciting! I wonder what our rewards will be! Only one way to find out though, so from this day on lets all try and build the biggest, tallest, widest, strongest and purest house that we can eh?

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Good post brother. Let's also remember that we are saved by grace, not works. Some people tend to forget [not aiming you]. I sure thank GOD that His grace is on me and my sins are remember no more once I confess them in Jesus' name

Hebrews 8:12
For I will be merciful toward their iniquities,and I will remember their sins no more."

I like your encouraging meant to do good faithful works for the Lord. I say drop the stupid box [television], the useless secular music, the "friends" who are nothing but stumbling blocks and focus on JESUS! Move on, press on for the Lord sincerely and not selfishly for rewards here or there, but for GOD's glory and in return, He rewards perfectly and accordingly.

Amen

Re: A New Perspective on Life

Working all by ourselves under our own power, the house we build will fall because it is built on sand, not on rock. Even if the builder can spout Bible verses from memory, show his name on a church's membership roll and show that he has donated lots of money, his house will fall if it is not built on the sound footing of a loving relationship with Jesus Christ.

SLE

Hebrews 8:12
For I will be merciful toward their iniquities,and I will remember their sins no more."

I like your encouraging meant to do good faithful works for the Lord. I say drop the stupid box [television], the useless secular music, the "friends" who are nothing but stumbling blocks and focus on JESUS! Move on, press on for the Lord sincerely and not selfishly for rewards here or there, but for GOD's glory and in return, He rewards perfectly and accordingly.

Amen

BEAUTIFUL!
That's good stuff, right there.