• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

A Need For Change

Administrator
Staff Member
A Need For Change - December 28, 2005

"... be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind" The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Romans, 12:2

Like most people, I have explained and categorized my life experiences by relying on common sense, deductive reasoning, and the scientific method. My understanding of the universe has been established by utilizing these methodologies; bringing me a sense of order to what was otherwise a chaotic life. I relied on theories from both the physical and social sciences to serve as the construct for evaluating all new information. By the time I was in my early thirties, I thought I had everything figured out.

For example, I was confident that living creatures evolved from a sort of DNA soup, otherwise known as our ancient oceans. I also understood that the universe expands at a constant rate, which can be mapped back to a single point in time; giving us a starting point for time and the Big Bang Theory.

These theories and concepts, and many others just like them, were handed down to me through my family, the media, and educational institutions; an understanding of the universe developed through the eyes of man. These concepts afforded me a sense of control which I desperately wanted.

However, even with science providing knowledge, I still yearned for more for a sense of understanding which could not be obtained in a text book, or a lecture. I wanted to know WHY. My deep desire for understanding the premise of the knowledge I collected would soon be quenched, and through a series of trials, become confirmed.

Be careful not to cling to the theories of the world simply because they are widely accepted thought. Theories cannot satisfy our souls. Only by seeking and receiving the wisdom of our Heavenly Father will we become truly transformed and enlightened.

Contributed by John R. Maculley, Jr

Amen Chad!
And Christians need be doubley careful not to cling to the theories of the church simply because they are widely accepted thought.

1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

So in short....

So in short he found the only true answer to all questions and that was finding the realest of realities that is the ONE GOD of all.

To bad he looked in all the wrong places first as many of us do.

Be careful not to cling to the theories of the world simply because they are widely accepted thought. Theories cannot satisfy our souls. Only by seeking and receiving the wisdom of our Heavenly Father will we become truly transformed and enlightened.
Amen Chad! Amen!

And Christians need be doubley careful not to cling to the theories of the church simply because they are widely accepted thought.
Amen Coconut!

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

No matter who the mouthpiece is we had better check it with the Word of God and the understanding of the Spirit.

Yeshua said:
So in short he found the only true answer to all questions and that was finding the realest of realities that is the ONE GOD of all.
To bad he looked in all the wrong places first as many of us do.
There's a lot of truth in that statement . amen Yeshua