• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

A Miracle!

Active
I'm excited about sharing this message! I've already told several people. The Holy Spirit gave me the courage and boldness to tell others what He did for me. This is just one of many ways the Holy Spirit works in the life of a believer who leans on Him and trusts Him to take control of his/her circumstances.
I pulled up in front of Kroger (grocery store) and began my little routine of switching from my regular purse to putting on my fanny pack. I've learned through experience not to grocery shop with my pocketbook on my shoulder, because I would always lay it in the cart and walk away to grab something on a shelf. With a fanny pack secure around my waist, I can have a comfortable, safe shopping experience. I don't carry a wallet. I carry a card holder. I think I got it in the men's department at Macy's. It holds all my important cards and I can throw it in any purse, works for me! I had planned to pay cash for my groceries that day, but I always take my card holder, too. So I've got on my fanny pack, cash and card holder inside, I'm prepared!
My first stop is the Customer Service Counter. I needed a refund on a box of Ritz crackers that were out of date. I reached in my fanny pack and took out my card holder. I was ready to pull out my Kroger card for her to scan. They almost always ask for it whenever you do any kind of transaction. Well, she didn't ask for it. She gave me money for the crackers and I pushed my cart over to the fruit section. I always allow myself plenty of time when I grocery shop. So I'm cruising along, making sure I get everything on my list, and finally I head over to the checkout counter. Here again we give the cashier our Kroger card for available discounts. I reach in to retrieve my card holder. No card holder! I calmly tell her I didn't have my Kroger card and asked her if she could look up my phone number and still give me any discounts. she said yes, and she did. I pulled out my cash and paid for my groceries. We chatted for a few minutes. She told me she had been with Kroger for twelve years and I said, "That's great!" All along in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, where is my card holder. I'm starting to freak out a little bit, when all of a sudden the Holy Spirit (Helper) reminded me I left it at the Customer Service Counter. The lady that was behind the counter was the same lady (helper) that gave me a refund on the crackers. I said to her, "Did I leave my card holder on your counter?" She walked over to a drawer, opened it up, reached inside, took my card holder out and handed it to me. I looked at her and said, "Thank You Lord!" She said, "Yes, that truly was a blessing." She preceded to tell me that a man found my card holder on the counter and thought it belonged to the man that was there before him. Remember, (this is a man's card holder). He took the card holder, walked outside, found the man, but it didn't belong to him. The man (helper) carries the card holder back inside and returns it to Customer Service.
Now this is how I see this situation: The Holy Spirit was in complete control! Think about this-three strangers came in contact with my card holder. Two of those strangers actually held my card holder in their hand. Anyone of those strangers could have kept my card holder.

One of the names given the Holy Spirit is Helper. The moment I trusted Jesus as my personal Savior; He sent the Person of the Holy Spirit (Helper) to live in me to help me, protect me, and guide me while I'm here on earth. The Holy Spirit rearranged that whole scenario to play out just the way He wanted. Even if one of those strangers for a split second thought about keeping my card holder, the Holy Spirit wasn't going to let that happen. God knows in my heart that I trust Him to keep His promises. He saw me in a vulnerable position and stepped in to protect me. He wasn't going to let satan take advantage of my weak moment. 1 John 4:4-Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.
I'd like to believe that all three of those strangers know Jesus as their Savior and have a personal relationship with Him.
Tears of joy fill my eyes every time I think about How much God loves me. Deuteronomy 31:6-Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them; For the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.
In that small moment of time, at the Kroger grocery store; God moved in a miraculous way, affecting the lives of four people.
This truly was a MIRACLE!
Love in Christ, Jan :smile: