• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

A MAN LEAVES HIS FATHER AND MOTHER BEFORE HE GETS MARRIED.

The Bible says this one below:
"That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh." (Genesis 2:24)

Referring to the Bible verse, I think that a man should first be able to take care of himself and have a bob or a kind of occupation and then he can get committed to a relationship leading into marriage.

When we men accuse women to be selfish, we are wrong in some way because a woman needs security and protection from her partner. However, we must also be wise because not al women are serious and it is not easy to open one's hert to another person without any trust so we need to be honest in a relationship.

Lots of women say they are looking for a serious relationship or marriage but they do not understand the reason why we need to get married and why they need a partner.

The Bible verse says that a man leaves his father and mother. How can he leave them if he is not able to rent a house or live alone. How can he leave his father and mother if he has no activity? How is he going to date a lady when he is under his parents' authority?

And how about the children? They need comfort, security, education and food so that they grow up very well.

And what it happens to date online, a man and a woman should be honest and talk seriously. We are Christians and so we need to think about all, including the distance. And there is a big trap here because a woman who is about to date a man could think that her partner is rich because he lives abroad. it is not always true. In that case, the woman could ask money from her partner and says that they cannot date because he is unable.

I understand why most ladioes prefer to date in her coountry instead of accepting online dating. When you are able to travel abroad and meet her in person, she could think that you are moneyed and so she has won the jackpot while it is always the same.

Thanks for stopping by reading this topic or post.

Fortunately, we have our Lord who intercedes for us every day and He wil never let us be because He loves us and al He wants is our happiness (Jeremiah 29:11).

Everything is possible to our Lordf God (Luke 1:37).

Jesus Christ of Nazareth loves you.

Loyal
1Tim 5:8; But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Active
greetings,
a woman who marries, seeks to please her husband;
a woman who stays single, seeks to please the Lord.

I have found in my upward years it is much easier to please the Lord, than man.

All praise, glory and honor be unto God. Amen

Loyal
1Tim 5:8; But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
'But if any provide not for his own,
and specially for those of his own house,
he hath denied the faith,
and is worse than an infidel.'
(1Ti 5:8)

Hello @B-A-C, & @Alive4Jesus

This is said by Paul, in a context which instructs all the household of faith, taking into consideration those for whom church assistance will be required, such as widows and orphans: Those who do not have the financial support and care that a family should provide. It is in this context that Paul says that those who are in a position to provide for their own, should do so, that they do not become a burden that the church itself should carry: such as widows for example. So he says in 1 Tim.5:8, 'if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than in infidel. '

I believe it is important to keep verses such as this within their context, so that the circumstances within which they are said are taken into consideration. For many are in a position of not being able to provide for their own, and so this verse taken in isolation, could have a detrimental effect upon their conscience, and affect their mental health, unnecessarily. In the days of the early church, such would be taken lovingly into the care of the Church members, and supported.

This verse is really spoken to those who simply want to cast off their responsibilities and sponge off the Church community to the detriment of all concerned, not to the average man, who conscientiously wants to support his family, but for reasons beyond his control is not able to.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
The Bible says this one below:
"That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh." (Genesis 2:24)

Referring to the Bible verse, I think that a man should first be able to take care of himself and have a bob or a kind of occupation and then he can get committed to a relationship leading into marriage.

When we men accuse women to be selfish, we are wrong in some way because a woman needs security and protection from her partner. However, we must also be wise because not al women are serious and it is not easy to open one's heart to another person without any trust so we need to be honest in a relationship.

Lots of women say they are looking for a serious relationship or marriage but they do not understand the reason why we need to get married and why they need a partner.

The Bible verse says that a man leaves his father and mother. How can he leave them if he is not able to rent a house or live alone. How can he leave his father and mother if he has no activity? How is he going to date a lady when he is under his parents' authority?

And how about the children? They need comfort, security, education and food so that they grow up very well.

And what it happens to date online, a man and a woman should be honest and talk seriously. We are Christians and so we need to think about all, including the distance. And there is a big trap here because a woman who is about to date a man could think that her partner is rich because he lives abroad. it is not always true. In that case, the woman could ask money from her partner and says that they cannot date because he is unable.

I understand why most ladies prefer to date in her country instead of accepting online dating. When you are able to travel abroad and meet her in person, she could think that you are moneyed and so she has won the jackpot while it is always the same.

Thanks for stopping by reading this topic or post.

Fortunately, we have our Lord who intercedes for us every day and He will never let us be because He loves us and all He wants is our happiness (Jeremiah 29:11).

Everything is possible to our Lord God (Luke 1:37).

Jesus Christ of Nazareth loves you.
Subject Heading:- A Man Leaves His Father and Mother Before He Gets Married

'Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother,
and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.'
(Gen 2:24)

Hello @Alive4Jesus,

You have raised an important subject. The marriage relationship.

In regard to the subject heading, it is important that a man leave his Father and Mother and cleaves to his wife when they marry, and visa versa. So many keep a foot in both camps, and thereby fail to enter into a perfect bonding of husband and wife, they still allow parental ties to dominate, and influence their decision making. Family is important, but must never interfere between husband and wife.

Cleaving is like ivy on a tree, it becomes one with the tree. So it must be with husband and wife. They must be as one flesh, in all respects.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal

This is said by Paul, in a context which instructs all the household of faith, taking into consideration those for whom church assistance will be required, such as widows and orphans: Those who do not have the financial support and care that a family should provide. It is in this context that Paul says that those who are in a position to provide for their own, should do so, that they do not become a burden that the church itself should carry: such as widows for example. So he says in 1 Tim.5:8, 'if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than in infidel. '

I believe it is important to keep verses such as this within their context, so that the circumstances within which they are said are taken into consideration. For many are in a position of not being able to provide for their own, and so this verse taken in isolation, could have a detrimental effect upon their conscience, and affect their mental health, unnecessarily. In the days of the early church, such would be taken lovingly into the care of the Church members, and supported.

This verse is really spoken to those who simply want to cast off their responsibilities and sponge off the Church community to the detriment of all concerned, not to the average man, who conscientiously wants to support his family, but for reasons beyond his control is not able to.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Indeed, in many cases, it would be bad to try and take care of sick and feeble family members, if we are not able to provide them their needs (medications and the proper diet and rehab if needed), or not the strength physically to do some of those things. I plan on taking care of my wife to the best of my ability when the time comes (the only family member I have), but if I am not able to, then she will need to go to a nursing home, and I would just visit her regularly. Its what is best for her that matters, and if I cant provide it, then I would hope my pride would not let her stay with me and suffer for it.

Loyal
For many are in a position of not being able to provide for their own,

Obviously, if you can't.. you can't. I don't think God will judge you for not being able to do something.
But on the other hand, there are many people capable of working, who just don't want to.
In this town, we have dozens of pan handlers. Now some of the are old, disabled and have mental issues.
But many of them are young and healthy, even intelligent, ... but lazy.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Brother Chris,

I thank you for your response. and you know what? I read this Bible verse when I was younger and I understood it in the same cpontext that you mentioned. You are totally right.

However, we say the same because the verse cannot talk to a foolish man or woman. And it is not take out of its context since there are still husbands who are not abke to take care of their household and the reality in my country (for your information, I live in Africa), there are brethren who get married while they have no job. They walk by faith and it works sometimes but we must be realistic because we hahave intelligence to think and act.

When it comes the time to have children, and that we are unable to take care of them, this Bible verse speaks and most of them just believe in God and they forgeth that they can work. We have lots of babies and unable to provide their education what is not good.

I think youunderstand better now.

Once again, I thank you for sharing a,d God bless you through Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen!

Subject Heading:- A Man Leaves His Father and Mother Before He Gets Married

'Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother,
and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.'
(Gen 2:24)

Hello @Alive4Jesus,

You have raised an important subject. The marriage relationship.

In regard to the subject heading, it is important that a man leave his Father and Mother and cleaves to his wife when they marry, and visa versa. So many keep a foot in both camps, and thereby fail to enter into a perfect bonding of husband and wife, they still allow parental ties to dominate, and influence their decision making. Family is important, but must never interfere between husband and wife.

Cleaving is like ivy on a tree, it becomes one with the tree. So it must be with husband and wife. They must be as one flesh, in all respects.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Shalom to you Brother Chris,
Once again I agree with you and I thank you for sharing.
This is common to all on earth. We very often neglect the Importance of the Holy Spirit and His Assistance.
We need to be very clmose to Jesus Christ in our relationship and then we will be able to pray and share everything our partner since we are one in Christ Jesus.

Thank you Brother Christ,
Shalom!
Gautier

Indeed, in many cases, it would be bad to try and take care of sick and feeble family members, if we are not able to provide them their needs (medications and the proper diet and rehab if needed), or not the strength physically to do some of those things. I plan on taking care of my wife to the best of my ability when the time comes (the only family member I have), but if I am not able to, then she will need to go to a nursing home, and I would just visit her regularly. Its what is best for her that matters, and if I cant provide it, then I would hope my pride would not let her stay with me and suffer for it.

I think that your wife will never have any doubt on you because you are one and she can discover withut teling her how younsuffer in your heart. When the Holy Spirit is the One you are bound to, nothing can separate you and this is the very big problem we face in the matter of choice.

Yahweh our Lord God is always in control.

greetings,
a woman who marries, seeks to please her husband;
a woman who stays single, seeks to please the Lord.

I have found in my upward years it is much easier to please the Lord, than man.

All praise, glory and honor be unto God. Amen

You remind of me what I was standing on because I did not want t get married.
Yes, you are right but it is not give to all to remain single until death or the back pof our Saviour and Lord Christ Jesus.
Now I want to get mùarried but sometimes I wonder it I would not be happier as a single man but I have a job and I rplan to,own a compound and a house. I thik it wil be selfish so I have to get married in order to walk not alone but with a Born Again Christian lady and then perpetuate God's seed on earth until Huis back, of course.