• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

A Holy Calling

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"Bring the tribe of Levi near, and set them before Aaron the priest, that they may minister to him. They shall keep guard over him and over the whole congregation before the tent of meeting, as they minister at the tabernacle. Numbers 3:6-7 ESV

Perhaps the calling of the tribe of Levi may appeal to you if you’re in a season of searching, uncertainty, or confusion over your calling. A clear, direct command from God may sound like the perfect thing. You just need to serve where God has called you at the tabernacle, and that’s that, right?

With the many choices, options, careers, calls, and vocations that appear before you today, perhaps it may help to step back and ask where God has placed you now. Is there one thing that God has set before you that requires your full attention and faithfulness?

You may not know what your calling or career will be for the rest of your life, let alone for the next five years. Those big picture questions can take time to sort out. If you are seeking God’s transforming power and faithfulness in your life, then the best place to start may be right where you are.

Prayer: Lord, You know me better than I know myself. Guide me to the people, places, and tasks where I can serve You and others best.