• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

A Godly Man

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
So....What makes a man/ woman Godly? What is Godliness? We're all supposed to be godly....How is it done? Can you answer in twenty words or less? LOL It's a simple answer so twenty words should cover....

Loyal
So....What makes a man/ woman Godly? What is Godliness? We're all supposed to be godly....How is it done? Can you answer in twenty words or less? LOL It's a simple answer so twenty words should cover....
"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves" Phil 2:3

Staff Member
It's a simple answer so twenty words should cover....
:laugh:
Whenever someone says it should be simple....look out for the book that follows! Sermons have been written on just these words "Jesus wept".

However, I'm sure you have a particular answer to provide us. I look forward to it.

I would answer simply "Being in Christ."

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corinthians 5:17

Otherwise you could split them, but it would be difficult to limit it to 20 words as reflected in my use of Proverbs 31 for women.

Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. 14 Let all that you do be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 - Men

Proverbs 31 - Women (Awesome ministry for woman is called Proverbs 31)

Thanks for making the post brother.
YBIC
C4E
<><

Administrator
Staff Member
Kind of simple in one aspect.

Love God
Love your neighbor

That's godly

Loyal
LOL It was no trap....C4E was the most concise though all of you were right....A Godly man is the one who walks in obedience to the Word.....Simple hey? The prize? You are all hugged.