• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The New Testament accounts Jesus saying:

Matthew 7 v 13
13“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

So it says only a few find it? Yet a quarter of the earth's population are believers in Jesus.

So how is that "A Few" exactly?

Active
I once thought He talked about the Jews at that time. There were thousands who did receive Him, but most not.

Matthew 22

And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son, 3 and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come.4 Again, he sent out other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding.” ’ 5 But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business. 6 And the rest seized his servants, treated them [a]spitefully, and killed them. 7 But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. 8 Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy. 9 Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.’ 10 So those servants went out into the highways andgathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment...

14 “For many are called, but few are chosen.”

This is one from all those guests who didn't come in and the rest were the Jews who rejected and killed Him and did not repent like the multitude of priests. There were a lot in Acts.
An uncountable multitude gets saved in the end time. Abraham's offspring would be as the stars of heaven.
Maybe there's many more who reject Him, but it's not a few who go on the narrow road.

I once thought He talked about the Jews at that time. There were thousands who did receive Him, but most not.

Matthew 22

And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son, 3 and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come.4 Again, he sent out other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding.” ’ 5 But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business. 6 And the rest seized his servants, treated them [a]spitefully, and killed them. 7 But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. 8 Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy. 9 Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.’ 10 So those servants went out into the highways andgathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment...

14 “For many are called, but few are chosen.”

This is one from all those guests who didn't come in and the rest were the Jews who rejected and killed Him and did not repent like the multitude of priests. There were a lot in Acts.
An uncountable multitude gets saved in the end time. Abraham's offspring would be as the stars of heaven.
Maybe there's many more who reject Him, but it's not a few who go on the narrow road.
I am going to refrain from getting into a pow-wow over biblical theology here.

The only thing I can point out is, that Christianity as a whole has around 30 thousand different Christ's. Essentially that's what it comes down to when finding the narrow road. Technically, it's advised biblically for each believer to be apart of the body of Christ (In other words a Christian Church) But out of the 2 billion Christian's who are divided into 30 thousand + bodies, how! is it possible that more than one of these bodies be the true body of Christ?

Active
I am going to refrain from getting into a pow-wow over biblical theology here.

The only thing I can point out is, that Christianity as a whole has around 30 thousand different Christ's. Essentially that's what it comes down to when finding the narrow road. Technically, it's advised biblically for each believer to be apart of the body of Christ (In other words a Christian Church) But out of the 2 billion Christian's who are divided into 30 thousand + bodies, how! is it possible that more than one of these bodies be the true body of Christ?
The true body of Christ is in a lot of these churches. The true body of Christ is in catholic, reformed, pentecostal, evangelical and whatever else they made churches.
In WWII in a concentration camp it didn't matter if you were reformed or catholic or whatever. You're christian? Yay! Help get the harvest in here. Corrie ten Boom evangelized there with catholics and others, just christians. In one place in South America I think they got revival when all the ministers of different denominations repented of building their own kingdom, prayed together and preached in each other's pulpits.

The true body of Christ is in a lot of these churches. The true body of Christ is in catholic, reformed, pentecostal, evangelical and whatever else they made churches.
In WWII in a concentration camp it didn't matter if you were reformed or catholic or whatever. You're christian? Yay! Help get the harvest in here. Corrie ten Boom evangelized there with catholics and others, just christians. In one place in South America I think they got revival when all the ministers of different denominations repented of building their own kingdom, prayed together and preached in each other's pulpits.
Why do believers need different churches anyway?

Active
Why do believers need different churches anyway?
To show that I'm much better than you heretic!
Goodness one of my first churches was quite cultish. We were the only ones who had the truth. The kid from the pastor would say, when we drove by some catholic or reformed church building: That's a dead church.
I think because Jesus said we had to be one, so the devil thought: let em fight.