Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

A discussion on hell moved from thread What if you die tonight

Discussion in 'Bible Chat' started by Bill, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Random Thread
  1. Will i get in trouble with you if i say i wont die tonight or anytime soon? What if the Lord shares with you where you will die?

Sent from a mobile device
    sarah123 likes this.
  2. God reveals different things to different people, based upon their faith and reaction.

3. To be honest, in reguards to hell, i think it is a place of Gods love to. Remember, God is love. He can only do things in love. But the hell part, that is what satan and man puts into it.

Nothing that comes from God is sin. It is what comes out from us, what we chose. That is either the nature of God, love or the nature of the Darkness.

So when i look at Hell, it isnt so much what God has put into it. It is what those who go to it have made it.

This will seem odd. But i have seen people leave the Presence of God, and go to hell on thier own choice.

KingJ likes this.
  4. Greetings @Bill

Perhaps you could provide some scripture to back up what you are saying.

Thank you

Dave M and Wired 4 Fishen like this.
  5. He'll was created for satan and the fallen angels. It was never created for man and it is a place of torment .

God through Jesus Christ has made a way for us to spend eternity with the Father BUT if you reject this by refusing to admit your sins and ask Jesus into your heart (being born again) then you (man) will spend eternity in hell with the one who kept you blinded to the truth.

Blessings to you

6. I dont know of scripture to back it up. These are just thoughts. What i know of God comes from scripture and from my personal relationship with Him.

Remember, God punished His chosen, the Israelites. 400yrs in Egypt. But God still loved them.

How should we then look at our souls or Angels. That are created to exist forever.

The fallen who reject thier Creator. God can not stop loving. It is what He is. Love. Just because Satan rejected God, and can no longer be in heaven. Does not mean God does not still love him. If God did not love Lucifer, Lucifer would not exist anymore.

7. You were not the first one to know how much time he had left. Consider Hezekiah:

"In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.
    Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, saying,
    I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.
    And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying,
    Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD.
    And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake." II Kings 20:1-6

Twice he was given a timeframe. First death was to be almost immediate, but then due to his prayer it was not to occur for 15 more years.

8. I never thought i was the first. There are many people God shares things with. I just find many Christians have issues over things like hearing God, or knowing the urging of the Spirit. Along with God sharing your future and so on.

9. I wouldn't worry too much about the criticism of men. It is doing what pleases God that matters. If you know that you heard from God, don't let man's accusation or opinion change what you know. Don't let any man talk you out of your testimony. Remember that men were not very nice to Jesus and many of them did leave Him. The truth is still the truth even if no man stands with you. Jesus was not afraid to stand alone. He was willing to do so:

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
    Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?" John 6:66-67

KingJ and Christ4Ever like this.
  10. Very good. Thank you. I just shared on another thread a little of my life in the Lord, i welcome you to read it

amadeus2 likes this.
  11. The scripture you are quoting is out of context. If God planned Jesus before the foundations of the earth, he likewise at that time, planned hell for those that would reject Jesus. The fact that God is sending humans to hell, means He created hell for humans.

12. You are hitting the nail on the head. Your understanding of God is painting the picture of the future. Many have their understanding or dreams after a horror film printed for dollars, paint the picture. I will help with the scripture shortly.

13. You may be right... but who fell first? Angels or Humans? Who was the serpent in the garden who tempted the first (technically second) human?

Matt 25:41; “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

But it doesn't matter that much because you are right... many humans will end up there either way.

14. Mathew 25:41
    Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, 'Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons.

God sends nobody to hell..
    They choose hell by Rejecting, refusing, ignoring The plan of God which is Salvation through Jesus Christ.

Blessings to you

Dave M and B-A-C like this.
  15. #15 KingJ, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    That it is prepared for the devil and his demons does not equate to it not being prepared for humans too.

So, you are in essence saying that you believe God believed all humans would accept Jesus?

You are just not using lateral thought.

I am harping on this because it is a common atheistic argument raised. God, who is good sends little humans to a place of horror's prepared for beings better suited to endure such torment. God is wicked plus.

Give me a break. God does not, not plan for things. Not even 0.000001% lateral thought applied there.

God never knew He would pen this in scripture:

Rev 2:18 But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Rev 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Matt 25:46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

16. 1. I am 100% right. I can't believe we discussing this :wink:.
    2. What does it matter who was first? We know from scripture that the devil fell once the earth was already made. IE After God planned Jesus for mankind. Hades and earth is the current abode of the fallen. In Jim's statement / scripture quoted it says 'eternal fire'. That would be lake of fire. A place nobody is currently in. A place prepared for all those who love the darkness and reject Jesus.

This is a non-issue among Christians. It is just evidence of no lateral thought.

The only time it becomes an issue is when an atheist jumps on it as ammunition against God. In that discussion we can't make this lateral thought fail.

17. #17 KingJ, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Bill made the statement 'Hell is a place of God's love''.

This is true as God is incapable of hate. God is light with no darkness in Him at all 1 John 1:5. God is love. 1 John 4:8 Whoever does not know love does not know God, as God is love.

Now what I found quite literally madness, is that we all teach these verses now. But on the subject of God's treatment of his enemies in the future, He is an evil tyrant? We all believe and teach of a punishment that '''no''' good person today would approve of. God tells us to ''love our enemy''. But He hates His? The devil has us believing God is a hypocrite. God changes. We cannot be ignorant of this. We need to properly explain what the suffering in hell will be. What we should grasp without any doubt is the fact that God can and will do better then the Geneva convention. The Geneva convention is evidence of how humane humans (not even Christians) decided to treat the most hated of enemies. Yet we compare God to the Russians who refused to sign as they wanted eye for an eye and worse?

I have heard in many books on 'dreams of hell' and atheists quote this verse many times .....how ''we will weep and gnash our teeth'' in hell from all the pain.

But if we read properly we see the reason people in hell will weep and gnash their teeth: Luke 13:28 There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.

This speaks of regret. Grasping your wickedness. Not of fire burning you. Or some fallen angel poking us with a fork. Not anything on what something like Dante's inferno suggests.

Conclusion:

Hell is evidence of God's love, because it is evidence of God making a home for the wicked. He doesn't have to do anything for them. Everything God does, is good.

18. He is referring to men. Other people.
    No way can you connect this with the devil .

Blessings to you

19. Scripture tells us God created hell for satan and the other rebellious angels.

That settles it and there is no question about it.

What I am doing is letting the Word of God speak and accepting it.

Blessings to you

20. If I correct you, you will just insult me. Or say something ridiculous so that you can continue believing in a ridiculous take on Christianity.

Ok, Jim, continue believing God tells us to love our human enemies and that He is light with no darkness in Him at all...but he HATES His enemies and has some seriously dark intentions for them....for eternity. Absolutely hilarious. I give up with you. Let me know when you want to actually reason together.