• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

A defeated Christian life

Why should my Christian life be full of defeats??? maybe more than my testimonies?

If your are beginning to walk with GOD you face much troubles in your walk with HIM that is when HE says to us Ephesians 5 vs 15- 18; look carefully then how you walk not as blind man but as spirit-filled man, not to be foolish but to understand what the will of the LORD is. To answer this question directly with scripture, dwell much on Romans 7 . It will tell you that we used to live after the passions and desires of the flesh that lead us to death in flesh and spirit. It says I have chosen what is good but now I cannot do the good I want but the evil I hate is what I do Romans 7 vs 14 - 20. Shame. Oh wretched creature that I am. I used to cry when I thought I about it. A defeated Christian life.

BUT now dwell on Romans 8; everything that one does is of CHRIST, that is a victorious Christian life and everything works for the good to those that love the LORD according to vs 28. The Holy Spirit helps us in our weaknesses and as we grow strong and begin to read the word and stand on it our victories out-number our defeats. I have experienced it. When everyone is just negative and you positive in CHRIST. I love my GOD.

Put on the LORD JESUS and give no opportunity to the flesh, that is Romans 13 vs 14 and Ephesians 6 vs 11. Ephesians 6 vs 10 – 20 can be used as reference. When you sin you make the HOLY SPIRIT suffer/cry within you, “why do you do this to me?”. We are also warned not to forget what good we have tasted and seen from our LORD Deuteronomy 4 vs 9. Genesis 4 vs 7 and 1 Peter 8 tells us that sin is ever before us so we should be watchful all the time.

Lastly, let us let GOD lead the way and be filled with HIS ways and not our own. I will tell you a very powerful scripture; 2 Corinthians 10 vs 3 – 8; which says let us compel every thought and take it captive/prisoner to obey CHRIST no matter how stubborn the thought is. We OBEY JESUS. Read these scriptures. Much more scripture concerning backsliding is available..

Keep in touch with me, and we will share much more.

Taffy

GOD IS GOOD

Godly Guys Gossip God's Glory:secret:

Last edited: