• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

A Cause-Effect Relationship

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless. James 2:14, 17 NLT

Think for a moment about what happens when a man takes his car in for regular maintenance-oil changes, tire rotations, transmission servicing, tune-ups. That man is much more likely to avoid paying for much more expensive repairs later on. (Unfortunately, many learn this lesson the hard way!)

That’s an example of a predictable cause-effect relationship.

Today’s scripture is an even better example of cause-effect, and it’s one with eternal implications.

The Bible is clear that no one is saved by his good deeds, not matter how excellent they may be, but only through faith in Jesus Christ. It’s also clear that your faith in Christ will result in changes in how you think, how you behave, and how you treat others.

Put another way, a living faith will always result in profound changes within you, and those changes will always lead to good works.

How can you put your faith into action today?

Prayer: Father, show me what good works You’d like me to do today. You’ve already saved and transformed me, so help make my faith real. Make it real to me and to others through the good I do in Your wonderful name.