• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply scroll all the way down to the footer and click on the style chooser.

Thank you.

A Blessed Privilege

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:3)

Staff member
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 1 Timothy 2:1-2

Sometimes to see the importance of things you take for granted, you need only look beyond the borders of the United States to see the plight of fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. One such example is that of the precious privilege American Christians enjoy—voting for their leaders, their representatives, and for specific issues facing them.

Think about this for a minute: many Christians today live in places where they have no say in picking the people who lead their countries. Some live in places where political parties are backed by factions in the military that fight it out to determine a new president or dictator, and others live in nations led by rulers who don’t allow them to practice their faith openly and who treat women and minorities as second-class citizens…or worse.

As you prepare to cast your vote, start by expressing your gratitude to God that you live in a place where you have a voice in the direction of your government and your culture. Then prayerfully seek God’s wisdom as you make choices that so many in our world today don’t get to makes.