• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

A Better Gift

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:3)

Staff Member
"Therefore you and your sons with you shall attend to your priesthood for everything at the altar and behind the veil; and you shall serve. I give your priesthood [to you] as a gift for service, but the outsider who comes near shall be put to death." Numbers 18:7

When God organized the system of worship for the ancient Israelites, He appointed the Levites to serve as assistants to Aaron and his sons, who alone were priest before God. The priesthood was an honor, and the Lord confirmed with a promise that anyone else who tried to take on that responsibility would die.

Today, however, believers have been offered this very honor because they have been born into "a royal priesthood" (1 Peter 2:9) under a "better covenant" (Hebrews 7:22). Christians aren't part of Aaron's priesthood, but rather of Melchizedek's (Hebrews 7:17). Melchizedek, who came long before Levi, was a king and a priest of God; his name means "King of Righteousness." This is the priesthood of Jesus and is every believer's calling.

Are you taking hold of the gift that you have in Christ? Are you living in freedom and power as a priest whose gift comes from "the power of an indestructible life" (Hebrews 7:16)? If not, embrace the better gift--it's your birthright.

Prayer: King of Righteousness, thank You for including me in a priest hood that endures forever in Christ.