Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

3rd Heaven

Discussion in 'Bible Answers' started by Chad, Mar 29, 2009.

Random Thread
  1. NO that is unscriptural. When people die their souls sleep in Hades and have no consciousness nor memories.
    All departed souls are referred to in scripture as being asleep - they that sleep - and wait for their resurrection by Jesus at either the first resurrection
    or at the second resurrection.

2. Jesus said, I am the resurrection and the life.

While Paul stood by consenting to Stephen's death and guarding their clothes; Stephen said, LOOK, I see the Son of man standing at the right side of God; and they stoned Stephen to death.

I do not believe Stephen is sleeping, but is one that is waiting beneath the throne that God speaks of in Revelations. Just a little while longer, they are told, until the remainder of those are killed FOR HIS NAME SAKE. They are given white robes while they wait.

Just as Jesus knew His time had come, so did Stephen. Stephen was not in fear, but joyful, for he knew his Lord had come for him, to receive him unto Himself.
    We had better be fighting the good fight of faith. HE had better be ALIVE in our heart right now. HE is not a far off God.
    All praise, glory and honor be unto God. Amen

3. It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory.
    I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
    I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago,
    (whether in the body, I cannot tell;
    or whether out of the body, I cannot tell:
    God knoweth
    such an one caught up to the third heaven.
    And I knew such a man,
    (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
    How that he was caught up into paradise,
    and heard unspeakable words,
    which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
    Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory,
    but in mine infirmities.'

(2 Cor 12:,2-5)

Hello there,

The reference (above) concerns visions and revelations of God, so whatever the third heaven is, it is the subject of a vision. The word, 'Paradise' is also used in this context. Paradise is spoken of in relation to the New Heaven and the New Earth, and the holy city, the new Jerusalem which comes down out of heaven. in Revelation 2:7, in which reference is made to the tree of life, which is located within the holy city itself.

Our Lord is spoken of in Scripture as having ascended up 'far above all heaven' (Eph.4:10)

The Jerusalem which is above, (Gal.4:26) will descend to the earth we know, and within it is the tree of life, referred to in Revelation 2:7 in relation to paradise, I am not able to determine what the third heaven is, but paradise is associated with it, which is spoken of as present upon the earth in the future. So whether a vision of a present or future place, it sounds wonderful, and I praise God that He knows all things.

In Christ Jesus
    Chris