• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 warning

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal
2 Corinthians 11:14-15
And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

this is something in this scripture we have a warning of those disguising themselves as being righteous are actually servants of the satan.

I wonder how we can apply this to real world examples and what we should look out for in real world examples.

would love to here your thoughts on this

Loyal
I live in Washington state. We were the first state to legalize homosexual marriages, recreational marijuana,
and transgender bathrooms. Most people in this state take pride in their liberal stands.

That goes for "Christians" as well. Some even are clergymen and pastors. For example 192 ministers in this
state signed legislature that they believe homosexual marriage is "approved by God".
A large church in Olympia (our capital) frequently hands out bumper stickers that say
"I'm a Christian that supports GAY/LESBIAN marriages". The cars in the parking lot of that church are
covered with them.

We recently had a couple of people try to join the membership of our church, but left when they were
rejected because the church didn't approve of their use of recreational drugs. As they were leaving, they
made a statement that our church was too judgmental and legalistic.

===================================================================================================

Are these people really Christians? Or are they really 'pretenders'? Are they pretending to be good godly
pastors/ministers, or are they spreading the true gospel of grace? They look the part. They have the words
about 'God is love' rehearsed.

===================================================================================================

How many times do we hear things that sound like they might be from God, but really aren't?
Are we smart enough to know the difference? Does it even matter if we know the difference?

==================================================================================================

Mark 13:22; for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order to lead astray, if possible, the elect.

Loyal
If you want to grow a large Church, just preach what the people want to hear.

Isa 30:9 They have turned against the LORD and can't be trusted. They have refused his teaching
Isa 30:10 and have said to his messengers and prophets: Don't tell us what God has shown you and don't preach the truth. Just say what we want to hear, even if it's false.

There are some "mega" Church's that have done just that.

Loyal
If you want to grow a large Church, just preach what the people want to hear.

Isa 30:9 They have turned against the LORD and can't be trusted. They have refused his teaching
Isa 30:10 and have said to his messengers and prophets: Don't tell us what God has shown you and don't preach the truth. Just say what we want to hear, even if it's false.

There are some "mega" Church's that have done just that.

You know this is a great example of the majority of churches I see IMO they appeal to the flesh but unless you study the word of God it would be very hard to distinguish because I see most of them having a lie that is wrapped around some truth.. This is where the word of God has really helped me discern.

Loyal
You know this is a great example of the majority of churches I see IMO they appeal to the flesh but unless you study the word of God it would be very hard to distinguish because I see most of them having a lie that is wrapped around some truth.. This is where the word of God has really helped me discern.
If Jesus said, "if they have persecuted me they will also persecute you." (John 15:20) It's the Word they don't like to hear, especially if you are not living, or doing what it says. Oouch!!

Staff Member
They have the words about 'God is love' rehearsed.
"God is love" and "God's love for all" appears to be the leverage used in todays watered down Christianity.

There is a small local church close to my home that displays the sign

****** is a safe and welcoming place for all people to gather and worship regardless of race, creed, age, cultural background or sexual orientation.
We are more than a place to worship.

Loving sinners and leading them to the Lord does not mean loving, embracing and accepting the sin

Active

Well -- the one I've been going to -- it Does preach the Word or I wouldn't be there. It Is a somewhat larger church -- uses "Praise and Worship Teams" that I'm Not really thrilled with. I miss the hymnal singing. It's always taught Bible. But for a few years I was at another church and the pastors had gone and some of the people wanted "Praise and Worship" instead of a choir and Small groups instead of a Sunday Evening Bible study time.

I've found that I appreciate the hymnal singing -- Group Bible study rather than small groups. The older Gospel songs are better -- more doctrine in them. "Praise and Worship" songs Do have doctrine in them -- most of the time. And we Are in church To 'praise and worship' God.

A sign of the times?!

Loyal
The Church it self belongs to the Lord God, and he alone is the one responsible for it's growth. Man is just a "co-worker" laboring together with God for his Glory. Man's "work" is to believe (have faith), and God's "work" is to perform what man has faith in him to perform. There are a lot of assemblies that their pastors, or leaders who think that it is their way or the highway for the laity. It was never suppose to be that way, as Peter tells us here.............

1Peter 5:1 I WARN and counsel the elders among you (the pastors and spiritual guides of the church) as a fellow elder and as an eyewitness [called to testify] of the sufferings of Christ, as well as a sharer in the glory (the honor and splendor) that is to be revealed (disclosed, unfolded):
1Peter 5:2 Tend (nurture, guard, guide, and fold) the flock of God that is [your responsibility], not by coercion or constraint, but willingly; not dishonorably motivated by the advantages and profits [belonging to the office], but eagerly and cheerfully;
1Peter 5:3 Not domineering [as arrogant, dictatorial, and overbearing persons] over those in your charge, but being examples (patterns and models of Christian living) to the flock (the congregation).

The greatest in the Kingdom are those who "serve", and not to be served. Every one has a part to play in the bringing the saints to the place were they are fully grown, and mature in the lord, so that they to can do the "work" of the ministry.

Many times those in leadership roles do not want to allow those who also are called to do the work of the ministry. Fear of not being in control is a major problem in the Church today from what I see. The Church will never get to the place we need to be until we all realize the body of Christ is not made up of just a few, but the body is made up of many members that all have a role to play.

Active
2 Corinthians 11:14-15
And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.
this is something in this scripture we have a warning of those disguising themselves as being righteous are actually servants of the satan.

I wonder how we can apply this to real world examples and what we should look out for in real world examples.
The easiest way to weed out the posers is to ask them about their fruit.
Ask them if they commit sin.

Active
Well -- the one I've been going to -- it Does preach the Word or I wouldn't be there. It Is a somewhat larger church -- uses "Praise and Worship Teams" that I'm Not really thrilled with. I miss the hymnal singing. It's always taught Bible. But for a few years I was at another church and the pastors had gone and some of the people wanted "Praise and Worship" instead of a choir and Small groups instead of a Sunday Evening Bible study time.

I've found that I appreciate the hymnal singing -- Group Bible study rather than small groups. The older Gospel songs are better -- more doctrine in them. "Praise and Worship" songs Do have doctrine in them -- most of the time. And we Are in church To 'praise and worship' God.

A sign of the times?!
I have a tendency to agree with you on the old hymns...sure love many of them. Then again, like my Mother always said, "It depends on who brought you to the dance"! When I was Born Again and became thirsty for the word...the first hymn I heard on the radio was Mercy Me's, " If I could imagine"! I sure love and relate to that song and I am 70! I guess it depends on who AND when you are brought you to the dance!

Loyal
I grew up playing rock, and roll music professionally in night clubs for years, so i like the more contemporary Christian music. It does seem kind weird to see older people listening to that kind of music though. You would think they should be listening to Lawrence Welk or something along those lines.

Active
I grew up playing rock, and roll music professionally in night clubs for years, so i like the more contemporary Christian music. It does seem kind weird to see older people listening to that kind of music though. You would think they should be listening to Lawrence Welk or something along those lines.
I resemble that comment..
Lol!

Active
I grew up with Lawrence Welk -- really liked him.

There Are some of the older people who seem to like the newer contemporary music -- I think it's more to show the younger people that we Can enjoy some of the new music. And there Are some really good sounding groups with good messages being sung.

Some missionaries who've been in countries like Brazil who have genuine praise and worship music and when they come back to This country -- "Praise and Worship" music is a natural for them.

Active
I agree anyone claiming to be perfect or sinless is a poser and a fake thanks for the heads up on that
It disheartens me to think that you seek out the worst of the worst for your education in Christ.
Were Paul, Peter, and John "posers"?
"Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)
"Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)
"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:3-4)
How about Jesus?
He said..."If ye love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15)

Thankfully, God has allowed you time to repent of all wickedness.
But how much time?

Active
The easiest way to weed out the posers is to ask them about their fruit.
Ask them if they commit sin.

No real need to Ask them about their fruit. Observe them. By their fruits or lack Of.

Asking a person if they sin? Of course people sin -- even born-again believers sin. Not purposefully. As a believer I'm not going to go find someones' car to vandalize or burglarize a house or look for someone to commit adultery with.

Sins of Ommission are just as much sin as sins of Commission. Not doing something I know I Should Do is sinning. And what Is the whole truth. In other words is it necessary to Always tell 'everything' in order to be considered truthful? Maybe I'm older and starting a relationship with someone. But way back when I was in high school I had sex with someone. Is it necessary to tell about that sexual encounter from all those years ago? I didn't get pregnant and didn't get a sexually transmitted disease. Some would say that that was 'withholding information' from my present relationship and thereby Lying. And some would say that if a person doesn't feel 'safe' enough with the other person To share 'everything' then maybe they shouldn't get married in the first place. And this is Way off topic.

The main thought was that of a person Not doing something that they Should do.

Active
It disheartens me to think that you seek out the worst of the worst for your education in Christ.
Were Paul, Peter, and John "posers"?
"Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)
"Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)
"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:3-4)
How about Jesus?
He said..."If ye love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15)

Thankfully, God has allowed you time to repent of all wickedness.
But how much time?

WHAT!!!!!! You're suggesting that Dave M. needs to repent of something? The passage you're referring to is talking about false apostles -- vs 15 is talking about If His servants masquarade as servants of righteousness. Paul exposes the would-be super -apostles.

Who is he picking out for the worst for his education in Christ?

Or maybe I'm missing something in your post.

Actually it's late. Need to get to bed.

Active
I grew up with Lawrence Welk -- really liked him.

There Are some of the older people who seem to like the newer contemporary music -- I think it's more to show the younger people that we Can enjoy some of the new music. And there Are some really good sounding groups with good messages being sung.

Some missionaries who've been in countries like Brazil who have genuine praise and worship music and when they come back to This country -- "Praise and Worship" music is a natural for them.
My point exactly, it is not that they come from Brazil...it is when they come to Jesus and what music is available!

The Love discussion , heavenly vs devilish........

Have you noticed a theme in today's culture, LOVE!!!!! I think love is GREAT ! BUT......... there is a love that is devilish and it is the love theme of the END TIME DECEPTION. There is so much going on and everything is soooo convoluted. Scripture is used by the devilish against the Christian, at least in a misunderstood application by truly stupid people This is still dangerous regardless of the stupidity . Many today are not well versed in scripture and can easily be lead astray.
We see this in the Papal Prayer Intention of 2016 in the statement- all the religions must come together their anthem:"I CHOOSE LOVE", they are promoting a devilish love. This is the wisdom of man, the application of the 'MY INTELLECT KNOWS BETTER THAN GOD'
JAMES 3:15
15Such wisdom does not come from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic.

1 Corinthians 2:6

Among the mature, however, we speak a message of wisdom--but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.

1 Corinthians 2:14

The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 3:19

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness.

We see this false love theme from denominations to Hollywood, to politics. We hear these comments all the time: "Three Abrahamic Religions" NONSENSE! HOMOSEXUAL LOVE "Love is love". NONSENSE! "All Religions lead to God", NONSENSE! The best one: "WE ARE ALL CHILDREN OF GOD , HE LOVES US ALL". NONSENSE!

Let's really dive into the WATER'S OF LIFE and see what the WORD says.
Just as it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." (Romans 9:13)
The LORD tests the righteous and the wicked,
And the one who loves violence His soul hates.
For the LORD is righteous, He loves righteousness;
The upright will behold His face. (Psalm 11:5, 7)
For You are not a God who delights in wickedness;evil may not dwell with You. The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all evil doers. (Psalm 5:4-5)

John 3:35-36: "the Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him"
Colossians 3:5-6: "Put to death what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which are idolatry. On the account of these God's wrath is coming."
Revelation 6:15-17: "Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, calling to the mountains and rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of His wrath has come and who can stand?"

1 John 2:15: "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him".

Let us see where this "LOVE THEME WILL LEAD FOR THE CHRISTIAN". It will lead to HATE, hate for us ONLY!

Scripture tells us we should love ONE ANOTHER, that means fellow believers, I know scripture says love your enemy, I will explain.
The Hatred of the World
John 15:17-19
17This is My command to you: Love one another. 18If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first. 19If you were of the world, it would love you as its own. Instead, the world hates you, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.…
This is the love toward family, a family in obedience in Christ.
LOVE YOUR ENEMIES: This is a different kind of love. This is actually a love of treatment of self and coincides with "Do unto those as you would have them do unto you". No one loves a hater in that -(Yeah, lets go be abused by the hater, we love him for this- I want to be in his company) NO, this love means not repaying him for the evil shown you. We as Christians are taught: "Hate sin, shun evil". The love of heaven does not sit and tell people it is okay to be who you are, no, it has a right to say this or that behavior is wrong. It does not call the sinner brethren or friend, but seeks to make a sinner as such. The love we live in, does not give accolades to blasphemers or hob nob with the debauched as friends.
Psalm 97:9-11

…9For You, O LORD, are Most High over all the earth; You are exalted far above all gods. 10O you who love the LORD, hate evil! He preserves the souls of His saints; He delivers them from the hand of the wicked. 11Light is sown on the righteous, gladness on the upright in heart.…
Romans 12:9
Love must be sincere. Detest what is evil; cling to what is good.

Psalm 7:10
My shield is with God, who saves the upright in heart.

Psalm 12:7
You, O LORD, will keep us; You will forever guard us from this generation.

Psalm 31:23
Love the LORD, all His saints. The LORD preserves the faithful, but fully repays the arrogant.

Psalm 34:14
Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.

Psalm 37:40
The LORD helps and delivers them; He rescues and saves them from the wicked, because they take refuge in Him.

Psalm 145:20
The LORD preserves all who love Him, but all the wicked He will destroy.

Proverbs 2:8
to guard the paths of justice and protect the way of His saints.

Proverbs 8:13
To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate arrogant pride, evil conduct, and perverse speech.

Isaiah 49:6
He says, "It is not enough for you to be My Servant, to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the protected ones of Israel. I will also make you a light for the nations, that you may bring My salvation to the ends of the earth."

Jeremiah 15:21
I will deliver you from the hand of the wicked and redeem you from the grasp of the ruthless."

Daniel 3:28
Nebuchadnezzar declared, "Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who has sent His Angel and delivered His servants who trusted in Him. They violated the king's command and risked their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God.

Amos 5:15
Hate evil and love good; establish justice in the gate. Perhaps the LORD, the God of Hosts, will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph."

BOOK I
Psalms 1-46
The Two Paths
Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
or set foot on the path of sinners,
or sit in the seat of mockers.
2But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on His law he meditates day and night.
3He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
yielding its fruit in season,
whose leaf does not wither,
and who prospers in all he does.
4Not so the wicked!
For they are like chaff driven off by the wind.
5Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
6For the LORD guards the path of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.

A man of God can not be double minded, even if he is a king, president whatever. If he is to serve the Lord he must too as all holy people serve in zeal and show respect for the Lord and reject mockers, scoffers and all who blaspheme the Righteous KING, JESUS. Lukewarm, do some good here and there and some bad here and there, BUT THE LORD SAYS BE HERE FOR SALVATION (HOT)! He would rather if you were COLD (NEVER BELIEVED) then He could save you or HOT (ON FIRE FOR HIM) but the lukewarm.......HE WILL SPEW FROM HIS MOUTH! At that point He has made the choice for you you are worse than the COLD who never believed in Him or knew Him ,YOU ARE DONE! If one claims to believe let him profess Jesus Christ as God , and KING of kings and Lord of lords. Many can say God Bless this or that but one must profess the name Jesus that there be NO question as to whom you serve. God Bless and Peace in Our Lord and Savior,JESUS CHRIST!

I'm a serious cat for the most part. I give admonishment, and esteem to the brethren and only accept admonishment from the LORD only. I love my family in Christ. I like them to see who they are when Clothed by the sun REV12.
BOAST IN HIM!
A Lament over Zion Jeremiah 9:23-25

…23This is what the LORD says: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, nor the strong man in his strength, nor the wealthy man in his riches. 24But let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD, who exercises loving devotion, justice and righteousness on the earth— for I delight in these things,” declares the LORD. 25“Behold, the days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will punish all who are circumcised yet uncircumcised:…
Psalm 34:2
My soul will boast in the LORD; let the oppressed hear and rejoice.

Jeremiah 4:2
and if you can swear, 'As surely as the LORD lives,' in truth, in justice, and in righteousness, then the nations will be blessed by Him, and in Him they will glory."

The LORD would prefer you to be hot, sooooo.......... be HOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.