• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

12/13/05 - URGENT Update -- Violent Attack Against GFA Students

Administrator
Staff Member
I write you today with an urgent request for prayer.

A phone call woke me early this morning, informing me that six of our Gospel for Asia Biblical Seminary students had been forcibly abducted and beaten for sharing the Gospel. They were taken to a nearby hospital, where they are now recovering from injuries sustained during the attack. You can read the full story online at www.gfa.org/pray.

Such a vicious attack has the potential to instill terror in the hearts of the persecuted; yet I am reminded of the apostle Paul's perspective on his own suffering and imprisonment: "the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel . . . and most of the brethren . . . are much more bold to speak the word without fear" (Philippians 1:12, 14).

Please pray for these six dear young men, that they will completely recover from their injuries and remain close to the Lord. I have no doubt that their suffering is not in vain, and He will use their lives to bear much fruit in the days to come.

K.P. Yohannan

Founder & President

Gospel for Asia

I have gotten the same info in my email this eveing. Thanks for sharing with us. God is in control.... its a very sad thing but Our God is bigger than anything. Will be keeping those young men in my prayers.

Acts 5
40 And they agreed with him, and when they had called for the apostles and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. 41 So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name.

John 16
33 "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

We already have victory :shade:

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Administrator
Staff Member
John 16:33 is an awesome verse how Jesus with such calmness and of course assurance (well, being GOD Himself what less?) - ends the verse by saying "I have overcome the world". That's serious authority my friend.

Chad said:
John 16:33 is an awesome verse how Jesus with such calmness and of course assurance (well, being GOD Himself what less?) - ends the verse by saying "I have overcome the world". That's serious authority my friend.

Amen!

Heb 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Urgent Prayer Update
follow-up story to:
02/13/2005: Extremists Attack, Beat Six GFA Students

02/18/2005

The students continue to recover from their injuries in a local hospital.

"Their heads are still hurting from getting hit so hard," said one GFA pastor who visited them there. "The brother whose eardrum was broken is doing better. He has lost about 30 percent of his hearing in that ear, but it should come back as his ear heals."

In response to the arrests, the Chennai Online news service reported that India's National Commission of Minorities (NCM) will investigate the attacks.

The students are expected to return to the seminary later this week and rejoin their classes.

Glory to God!