• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

1 Tim 4:1 and Spiritual Deception

(1 Timothy 4:1) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall
depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Paul isn't speaking of non believers, but born again believers departing from the
faith. Note the descriptions: "seducing spirits and doctrines of devils."
Its spiritual deception. People don't wake up one day and decide to depart from
the faith. They go from Point A to Point B to Point C, etc. The first step
is the get the believer focused on self and not the Holy Ghost and to get
the believer out of God's word and into something else that looks close.
Then their way of thinking and opinions can be slowly turned and redirected.
This first step of spiritual deception was well established and entrenched
long before I got saved back in the early 80's. I'm seeing many depart from the
faith, to other religions and even atheism.

Spiritual deception isn't intellectual decption, because it starts in the
spirit realm. It affects one's way of thinking, causing the person
to think he is correct. They wont know they are being deceived. And no
one can get the person out, because it is of spiritual nature and not physical.
Only God can pull you out. Just take a long look at Christian forums.
You'll see many people with opposing views and neither can convince the other
they are wrong in what they believe. The debate comes, goes round and round,
then dies off, then rinse and repeat. People can be shown that 2 + 2 = 4,
because that is of physical nature. But when someone is wrong about God and His
word, it can't be just pointed out and shown, ** IF ** the cause that is preventing
the person from understanding is spiritual deception. A new believer, less than
5 years, can be shown and taught, but the believer, who knows what God's word
says, and still wrong, then its a spiritual problem. If you think you are
too smart to be spiritually deceived, well, you are spiritually deceived into
thinking that.

(Ephesians 6:12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual
wickedness in high places.

That brain of yours is flesh and blood. It isn't the intellect that achieves understanding
of God's word. God's word is spiritual and you can only get the spiritual understanding
from Him.

(1 Corinthians 2:14) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

(John 16:13) Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he
shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you
things to come.

I will repeat again, intellect can NOT achieve spiritual things of God's word. (Ever hear
someone say, "I want a Bible I can read and understand?" God's word says you aren't
able to do it. Thinking you can is spiritual deception. If you are in that way of thinking
go to God in prayer, long and hard. He alone can pull you out.)

Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
(6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (7) Be not wise in thine own
eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Are all Bibles God's word? How many, of them, are really God's word? Prov 3:7 Be not wise in
thine own eyes: (God gives one Bible for a language. It gets presented the way He wants it to be.
His ways and thoughts are higher than ours (Is 55:8-9). What God has done, man can not improve on, but can only
pollute it. Exodus 20:25 "And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn
stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it." The moment you want a change or
to change what God Himself designed, is the moment you pollute what God did, and the moment you
try to force your will over God's will. God will reject that item, that alter, that Bible. God
wont receive a sacrifice from a polluted alter, not will He give understanding from a book He
didn't write, which is a book of man's opinion of accuracy. Its spiritual deception and you
need to go to God on these issues.) I can't convince you of this, and I don't want to convince
you. I want you to go to God and pray. If you pray for God to back you up, on what you believe,
that's a wrong attitude. You'll need to desire to know the truth as a drowning man desires air.
You'll need the attitude of "not my will, but Thy will be done."

Now read this post again. I stated, first step to spiritual deception is focus on self and not
the Holy Ghost. Getting out of God's word and into something else that looks close to it.

Consider these things:

1. I want a Bible I can understand. I like this version, because I can understand it.
This is spiritual deception. God's word says the person can't do it, but he will think
he can. The Holy Ghost is given to guide the born again into all truth, but they have the desire
to "lean on your own understanding."

2. People need to compare several versions of the Bible to get a better understanding
what the original author is saying. This is spiritual deception. God is the original
author. If He didn't write it, God wont claim it and the person lies by claiming its
"God's word." God is very powerful and very active. You need only one book of God's word.
If you are born again, you got access to the throne of God, access to the author, any time
you want. Having trouble reading a certian Bible? Just ask Him for help, its that simple.

Proverbs 2:3-6 "Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
(4) If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; (5) Then shalt
thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God. (6) For the LORD giveth
wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding."

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men
liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

3. I want a Bible that is most accurate. This is spiritual deception. If God wrote it,
you got an inspired book. God wont rush in and back someone up, because that person
gets a "good idea" of making a new Bible translation. (lean not on your own understanding).
If you speak English, you got the King James Bible. God is available, 24/7, and eager and
willing, to give undertsanding of that Bible to you. He gave it to you. Many have a low
opinion of the King James Bible and I too,, had that opinion at one time, reading from
the NASB, NIV, Amplified Bible, NKJV, Living Bible. I didn't want to mess with that KJV.
But God pulled me out of the spiritual deception. I see it for what it is now. He also
made it clear to me that the KJV is what He wants me reading and to leave the others alone.
I need to stay in the KJV.

So, do you have issue #1, #2, and/or #3? Go to God in prayer and get to the truth.
You wont get a tweat response from God. I doubt you'll get a quick answer that will
clear all this up in one swoop. When it was revealed that something was wrong with my
walk, I went to God in prayer. I got about a 2 year education. The very first thing He did
was get me out to those other Bibles, and into the King James Bible. He wasn't about to
straighten me out,, using a book He didn't write. My will, of what book to read, had to
give way to His will. It made a difference. BIG Difference. I was guilty of issue
#1, #2, AND #3. Been there, done it, and thought I was right. The culture in the body
of Christ promotes all three issues as being correct. Look around at the body of Christ.
Whose leading who? Are you leading Christ Jesus and dictating the terms of the relationship,
with what you think is right and which book you want to read, or are you submitting to His will?
Look at the body of Christ. Look at the people who are falling away. They are in that falling
away state because they think they are right. Don't be a statistic who become numbered in the group
called "some" in 1 Tim 4:1 Here is another truth. While I was guilty of issues #1, #2, and #3,
I would not have believed a word I just posted. I point you to God, the God of Abraham, Issac
and Jacob. Go to the Father, in Jesus name, and ask for and desire to know the truth about the attitude
and opinions you have.

In conclusion, don't accept what I just posted, because that would give me the glory. But if anything
I posted says you are in spiritual deception, or reading the wrong Bible, go to God the Father, in
Jesus name and desire to know the truth. Have a real sincere desire to get to the bottom of this.
Don't try to debate me on this, I'm not the one in charge. Have the debate with God. Let Him
reveal the motives of your heart. Put your faith in Him. And in time (took me about 2 years), He'll
educate you too. And maybe all these conflicting veiws of doctrine will get in line. But if you are in
spiritual deception, and you don't go to God, for help, you may find yourself being talked about
in 1 Tim 4:1. And you wont know you are being deceived until God pulls you out. I was spiritually
deceived on issues 1-3, before I was pulled out of it. Its very real and very dangerous. Like going
to a doctor for a checkup, from time to time, all born again believers need to go to God the Father,
for a checkup of their hearts and mind. The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob will not do you wrong.