• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

1 John 4:20-21

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

1 John 4:20-21

KJV 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

MKJV 20 If anyone says, I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar. For if he does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? 21 And we have this commandment from Him, that he who loves God should love his brother also.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

20 We cant love God and hate each other, we clearly interact with each other we spiritually interact with God but how can we hate someone who is physical and we can how the react to our hate and claim to love God. Hate is sinful and hurts the one who has the hate the most apart from hate hurting God. We cant love God if we have hate in our heart.

21 We are to love another because we love God. If we have God’s love in us then it will be shown to one another, just as He showed love to us.