• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Active
Confession. It's been a while since I opened the pages of a Bible. Sorry but I blame the creators of an app on Play Store and iTunes - it's got everything. What is it? Well it's an app you can put on your smart phone or tablet, it's a Bible - but more than that. The default is the KJV but connect to wifi and you can download dozens of different versions in several languages so if you want to cross reference other versions, you can at the push of a tab. In addition there's free reading plans on a wide range of topics, a verse of the day 365 days and more features besides. There's hundreds of thousands, probably millions of these apps all over the world and I'm pretty certain it's already on a good number on TJ members' phones and tabs.

This has got to be a nightmare for oppressive governments opposed to the Bible.

For those just crawling into the 21st century, get this app and once you've got it, use it as a resource. I don't know if you ever give out tracts or John's Gospels, better spend a few minutes showing someone YouVersion, it's on their phone until upgrade so won't get binned and there's so much more on it - and it's free!

Any other technophobes in here that want to showcase any other apps or resources?

I stick to my chromebook laptop and use Biblegateway when I want to read a verse and full chapter to get the correct context and Biblehub when I want to read other versions and expositions.

Loyal
Confession. It's been a while since I opened the pages of a Bible. Sorry but I blame the creators of an app on Play Store and iTunes - it's got everything. What is it? Well it's an app you can put on your smart phone or tablet, it's a Bible - but more than that. The default is the KJV but connect to wifi and you can download dozens of different versions in several languages so if you want to cross reference other versions, you can at the push of a tab. In addition there's free reading plans on a wide range of topics, a verse of the day 365 days and more features besides. There's hundreds of thousands, probably millions of these apps all over the world and I'm pretty certain it's already on a good number on TJ members' phones and tabs.

For those just crawling into the 21st century, get this app and once you've got it, use it as a resource. I don't know if you ever give out tracts or John's Gospels, better spend a few minutes showing someone YouVersion, it's on their phone until upgrade so won't get binned and there's so much more on it - and it's free!

Any other technophobes in here that want to showcase any other apps or resources?
Yes I have this app as well, when it first came out, I forgot what year. So many bible free bible apps has arrived, which is so great. The gospel has reach the whole world by satellite, internet, cell phones, free bible app, and finally in all languages, I think as of this year, by a report I heard. I wonder who really created the internet, and the satellite and cells phones, and for what purpose.:cool:

Active

This is mainly what I use and do devotions on. It has been just an amazing source. You can do groups too, and share the devotions. I like comparing the different translations in different verses and you can make picture images with the verses too. I just love it.