1. Featured Thread

Gossip & Slander

“A man who lacks judgment derides his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his tongue. A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret” (Proverbs 11:12-13).

The Bible tells us that “a perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends” (Proverbs 16:28).

View This Study

2. Featured Thread

Unlimiting God

An excellent sermon by Francis Chan. Give this a view and listen. He's inspiring and very passionate about Jesus Christ and us living fully for God's Kingdom.

View This Video

3. Featured Thread

Parables of Jesus

Jesus' parables are short stories that teach a moral or spiritual lesson by analogy or similarity. They are often stories based on the agricultural life that was intimately familiar to His original first century audience.

Some aspect of an unfamiliar concept, such as the kingdom of God, was compared to something from everyday life that could easily be understood.

View The Parables

4. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

5. Featured Thread

The Healing Tree

Have you ever experienced a bitter disappointment in life? Perhaps you are going through a time of incredible testing right now. Well, today you can be encouraged as Derek explains that “Man’s disappointments are God’s appointments.” Through the bitter waters of Marah, God revealed the way to healing through the “The Healing Tree.”

View This Sermon

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by calluna, Oct 24, 2006.

Share This Page

1. calluna

Expand Collapse

Feb 3, 2006
    Sometimes we come across secular writings like song lyrics or poems and they may offer some good advice or have some relevant meaning, but I like to percieve it from a biblical sense and put the Lord at the meaning behind the words. I read this and thought straight away of several scriptures.

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
    There are two days in every week that we should not worry about, two days that should be kept free from fear and apprehension.
    One is YESTERDAY, with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.
    All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday. We cannot undo a single act we performed. Nor can we erase a single word we've said - yesterday is gone!
    The other day we shouldn't worry about is TOMORROW, with
    its impossible adversaries, its burden, its hopeful promise and poor performance. Tomorrow is beyond our control.
    Tomorrow's sun will rise either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds - but it will rise. And until it does, we have no stake in tormorrow, for it is yet unborn.
    This leaves only one day - TODAY. Any person can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when we add the burdens of yesterday and tomorrow that we break down.
    It is not the experience of today that drives people mad - it is the remorse of bitterness for something which happened yesterday, and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.
    Let us, therefore, live one day at a time! (author unknown)

Here's what God says about tomorrow
    Matt 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own"

Prov 27:1 "Do not boast about tomorrow for you do not know what a day may bring forth"

about yesterday
    Phil 3:13 "......forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead"

Isaiah 43:18 "forget the former things, do not dwell on the past"

about today
    Psalms 118:24 "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it"

all three...:teeth:
    Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today and forever"

I know there are more scriptures about yesterday, today and tomorrow, or reference about past, present and future, anyone want to add to this list. I thought it would be fun.

:shade: Calluna