Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Featured Thread

Featured Thread:

The Saint Must Walk Alone

Most of the world's great souls have been lonely. Loneliness seems to be one price the saint must pay for his saintliness.

View This Thread

2. Volunteers

Marketing Volunteers

Hi Guest, I'm asking you to join me in this ministry effort. There are a few things I am looking for volunteers to assist me with. Graphics & Videos. Will you help in the Great Commission?

View This Thread

Why is Jesus called the 'Word'

Discussion in 'Bible Chat' started by Ann, Oct 26, 2007.

Random Thread
  1. Ann

Ann New Member

Can someone please shed light on the question below from a Biblical point of view?

"'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God'. The lady, Lydia, said to me simply 'What 'word'? I never thought about it before, about why Jesus is called the 'Word' and what it means and why that name is given."

Blessings!

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly New Member

Well the greek word in this text is logos and another definition is "devine expression" It also means communication. Especially in this text, everything that God is communicating to mankind is in and through Christ, His Son. So in other words, Christ is the devine living expression of all God is trying to communicate to mankind.

#2 jiggyfly, Oct 26, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  3. Ann

Ann New Member

Thanks a lot, this makes it more clear.

Blessings!

4. Faith4Bride

Faith4Bride New Member

hello!

well the word tells us that in the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with God and the Word was in God. it also tells us that Jesus came forth from out of the Father in proverbs. we are also told that all things that are made were made by Jesus and there is nothing created that He did not create. in col. we are told in hebrews that all the worlds were formed and upheld by the WORD of God. and in Genesis we are told that " In the beginning God said( spoke the word who is Jesus) let there be light etc..... So I believe that Jesus was in the Father before creation and When God spoke those speakings were the WORD of God, that are Jesus His Son. and it is because Jesus is those words etc.. that Jesus created all things because it was those words which made the worlds etc... He is Gods perfect expression. He is the fruit that was born out of God when God spoke etc...

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)