1. Featured Thread

The Helmet of Salvation

Depressed? Hopeless? Filled with self-pity? Learn how to overcome these problems. Understand the mind is the battlefield for all spiritual warfare. Hear Derek explain the nature of “hope” and how an “optimistic attitude that always sees the best, will not give way to depression and doubt and self-pity.”

View This Bible Study

2. Featured Thread

Parables of Jesus

Jesus' parables are short stories that teach a moral or spiritual lesson by analogy or similarity. They are often stories based on the agricultural life that was intimately familiar to His original first century audience.

Some aspect of an unfamiliar concept, such as the kingdom of God, was compared to something from everyday life that could easily be understood.

View The Parables

3. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

Why is Jesus called the 'Word'

Discussion in 'Bible Chat' started by Ann, Oct 26, 2007.

Share This Page

Random Thread
  1. Ann

Ann
    Expand Collapse

Can someone please shed light on the question below from a Biblical point of view?

"'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God'. The lady, Lydia, said to me simply 'What 'word'? I never thought about it before, about why Jesus is called the 'Word' and what it means and why that name is given."

Blessings!

2. jiggyfly

Expand Collapse

#2 jiggyfly, Oct 26, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
    Well the greek word in this text is logos and another definition is "devine expression" It also means communication. Especially in this text, everything that God is communicating to mankind is in and through Christ, His Son. So in other words, Christ is the devine living expression of all God is trying to communicate to mankind.

3. Ann

Ann
    Expand Collapse

Thanks a lot, this makes it more clear.

Blessings!

4. Faith4Bride

Expand Collapse

hello!

well the word tells us that in the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with God and the Word was in God. it also tells us that Jesus came forth from out of the Father in proverbs. we are also told that all things that are made were made by Jesus and there is nothing created that He did not create. in col. we are told in hebrews that all the worlds were formed and upheld by the WORD of God. and in Genesis we are told that " In the beginning God said( spoke the word who is Jesus) let there be light etc..... So I believe that Jesus was in the Father before creation and When God spoke those speakings were the WORD of God, that are Jesus His Son. and it is because Jesus is those words etc.. that Jesus created all things because it was those words which made the worlds etc... He is Gods perfect expression. He is the fruit that was born out of God when God spoke etc...