• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Why is church so dull?

There seems to be a disconnect with my church and the lives of real people, I don't see a connection with the ideal's of the old saints and today's church.

What's a superbible guy?

I wouldn't speak out in church. That's disruptive and you're not likely to be heard or paid attention to in so much as you'll be told to quiet down.
Ask to have a private meeting with your pastor. Tell them it is a spiritual matter and see if they'll schedule.

Also, if you don't find your passion for God fulfilled in your current church why not take a walk on your church day, Sunday or whichever day you attend the church service.
Go somewhere you can be in a natural environment undisturbed by the noise of electronic media. A park. A woods. Take your bible. All is God. Find your connection.You can always pray and ask your true high priest Jesus Christ for council too.

God bless your journey.

Loyal
There seems to be a disconnect with my church and the lives of real people, I don't see a connection with the ideal's of the old saints and today's church.
Each minister called by God has a job to do and is held accountable as to how well he performed with what he is given. The ones who are receiving or are supposed to be receiving are also held accountable for what they did with what they received. We cannot blame the ministers for the shortcomings of the flock nor can we blame the flock for the shortcomings of the ministers. This is why the One to whom a person must account ultimately is God, no matter what part we are given to perform.

To be clear you might want to be more careful about what you call "my church". The Church in the end is the people, is it not, rather than some particular assembly or group of assemblies? Within any assembly or groups of assemblies is it not very likely that there are some "tares" or "chaff" in the mix still?

Each minister called by God has a job to do and is held accountable as to how well he performed with what he is given. The ones who are receiving or are supposed to be receiving are also held accountable for what they did with what they received. We cannot blame the ministers for the shortcomings of the flock nor can we blame the flock for the shortcomings of the ministers. This is why the One to whom a person must account ultimately is God, no matter what part we are given to perform.

To be clear you might want to be more careful about what you call "my church". The Church in the end is the people, is it not, rather than some particular assembly or group of assemblies? Within any assembly or groups of assemblies is it not very likely that there are some "tares" or "chaff" in the mix still?
YES!