• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

why do I feel so discouraged?

Why do I feel so discouraged? I am giving all that I feel like I can, but I still feel as though it is not good enough! I feel so run down all the time. I don't want to be discouraged. I don't want to give up! I feel like I need to understand much better, but I don't see how that can be. I am trying my best and don't know what else to do. Am I required to be more than I can be? Sometimes I feel like I'm at my wits end. So lost and confused! What should I do? Why do I feel this way? I feel like something is missing in my understanding, and I just can't seem to put my hand on it. I would love to get past this feeling and get closer to God. But how can I take control of my thoughts? I read my Bible and study alot, but I still feel like I'm missing something. Any advise you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I don't like feeling this way. It is a miserable feeling!

Why do I feel so discouraged? I am giving all that I feel like I can, but I still feel as though it is not good enough! I feel so run down all the time. I don't want to be discouraged. I don't want to give up! I feel like I need to understand much better, but I don't see how that can be. I am trying my best and don't know what else to do. Am I required to be more than I can be? Sometimes I feel like I'm at my wits end. So lost and confused! What should I do? Why do I feel this way? I feel like something is missing in my understanding, and I just can't seem to put my hand on it. I would love to get past this feeling and get closer to God. But how can I take control of my thoughts? I read my Bible and study alot, but I still feel like I'm missing something. Any advise you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I don't like feeling this way. It is a miserable feeling!

I am going to try to answer this.

Sometimes when I was discouraged and not seeming to move and not getting anywhere...it was almost like satan had his finger on my head and wouldn't let me go anywhere but where he wanted me to go. I had to push EVERYTHING out of my way and say..."I am moving forward! Satan, you have NO power over me! He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world!"

Sometimes we have to take back what satan thinks he got. go to his camp and take back what he doesn't have! Yes, satan has power, but not as much power as Jesus!

Discouragement comes to us when we are going the way God wants us to and satan gets angry and tries to pull a fast one and say...BUT! when he knows he doesn't have us anymore.

I call satan Mr. I'm-so-mad-because-I-got-kicked-out-of-Heaven. (LOL)

I hope some of this helped. You are NOT alone! God is with you. He is cheering you on!

We all go through times like this. Mine was because I had a bad childhood and the memories and the scars were really dragging me down. I'm an artist, without inspiration it's hard to bring myself to do anything. So, all my life, I've been fighting nightmares and demons in my nightmares and fighting depression. But I watched something on the Trinity Broadcasting Network that really opened my eyes. A man had a near death experience in which he got to see heaven. He described it as a glorious city. There were mansions that were beautifully crafted and they almost seemed living. He said the flowers praised the Lord and that there were saints gathered continously praising the Lord. It was such a beautiful place. The angel then showed him Hell. And it was terrifying. The man said that each person there was continuously tormented by their sins. And they began crying out to the man begging him to help them and each one confessing their sins. The angel then told the man that he was not going to heaven because he had not forgiven his wife. (the day before his wife had done something that hurt his feelings and he decided not to forgive her). The angel told him "How can you expect God to forgive you if you will not forgive others?" The man was a preacher and a born again Christian. So as I listened, I learned that I had never truley forgiven the people that had hurt me. I wasnt having nightmares because they were truley trying to haunt me. I was having nightmares because I wouldn't truley forgive and forget. I'm a Christian too, but I was saved when I was seven and I didn't understand the full extent of God's love. But as I thought about I was living, I began to realize that I was using God as a get out of Hell free card. But God is sinned against every day. The people of earth beat his son, tortured and denied him and blashpemed his name... and yet in the end, Jesus willingly paid our price... and even asked that God forgive us, for we know not what we do. So surely, if God can forgive all of us, we can forgive the people that hurt us too. For God is a God of love. His love can penetrate us and open our hearts and minds to things we had never even imagined. So whether your discoragement is caused by a terrible tragedy or lack of forgiveness or whatever, remember Isaish 41:10. Fear thou not, for I am with thee. Maybe you are feeling discouraged because you aren't doing what God really wants you to do.

1 Thessalonians 5

<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29623>1</SUP>But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29624>2</SUP>For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29625>3</SUP>For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29626>4</SUP>But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29627>5</SUP>Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29628>6</SUP>Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29629>7</SUP>For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29630>8</SUP>But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29631>9</SUP>For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29632>10</SUP>Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29633>11</SUP>Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29634>12</SUP>And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29635>13</SUP>And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29636>14</SUP>Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29637>15</SUP>See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29638>16</SUP>Rejoice evermore.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29639>17</SUP>Pray without ceasing.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29640>18</SUP>In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29641>19</SUP>Quench not the Spirit.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29642>20</SUP>Despise not prophesyings.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29643>21</SUP>Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29644>22</SUP>Abstain from all appearance of evil.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29645>23</SUP>And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29646>24</SUP>Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29647>25</SUP>Brethren, pray for us.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29648>26</SUP>Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29649>27</SUP>I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren. <SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29650>28</SUP>The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

I believe that we are living in the last days before Jesus comes back. So rejoice. Because the Lord that loves us so much is coming back! Isn't that exciting. Tell God that you forgive those who have sinned against you. Tell him your troubles and worries, and feelings of discouragement, and then tell him that you want to live for him. And if you need an incentive; live for him so that he knows you are thankful and that you love him too for more than just a get of Hell free card. I believe that all our missions are to witness to as many as we can before we are raptured. We are born as answer for someone else. So live for God.

Philippians 4

<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29444>1</SUP>Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29445>2</SUP>I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29446>3</SUP>And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29447>4</SUP>Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29448>5</SUP>Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29449>6</SUP>Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29450>7</SUP>And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29451>8</SUP>Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29452>9</SUP>Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29453>10</SUP>But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29454>11</SUP>Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29455>12</SUP>I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29456>13</SUP>I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29457>14</SUP>Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29458>15</SUP>Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29459>16</SUP>For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29460>17</SUP>Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29461>18</SUP>But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29462>19</SUP>But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29463>20</SUP>Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29464>21</SUP>Salute every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren which are with me greet you.
<SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29465>22</SUP>All the saints salute you, chiefly they that are of Caesar's household. <SUP class=versenum id=en-KJV-29466>23</SUP>The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

You'd be surprised at how much better you'll feel once you decide to live for the Lord. After all, this is only the beginning. We have all eternity to do the things we love and enjoy. Let's make an effort to share that same joy with everyone else. ^.^ I'll be praying for you. <3

know and believe God wants to richly bless us. its His desire. some times when we are discouraged its a test. just do what the word says and cast your cares/anxiety on the Lord. Put it at his feet and dont pick it up again. He will lift you up. just keep your eyes on Him. His grace is sufficent. seek first his kingdom and righteousness and then his will for you slash your life (thats really his) will unfold. which you do what you can and then wait on the Lord. just stand on the Word of God. thru trials and tribulation someone who is standing on the Word will deepen thier faith and walk closer to Jesus. so really you should rejoice at the oppurtunity before you. rejoice at what the Lord has done. and is going to do.

Sometimes the best thing to do when you feel like that is to rest in Him. Cast your fears, worries, troubles, everything unto Him and leave it at the foot of the cross.
Rest in Him and have peace..

First it is always best to get checked by a Doctor to see if you have any chemical imbalances that could cause these feelings.
Secondly look at King Daid. The more he saw his problems and struggled against them the worse he felt and the more helpless he seemed. When he decided to start thinking about all the things God has done for him and to make that his focus his whole personna was transformed and his situation changed.
Thirdly what always seems to give me a breakthough is to spend an hour or two in worship. Pressing in and pouring out my love and receiving His love brings a peace and a joy like no other.
I will be praying for you my friend.
Many blessings in Jesus wonderful Name,
your brother Larry.

My prayers are with you. I'm sorry your feeling so down.

But, you are so fortunate!

You are so close to GOD, where as a lot of people are not.

You have a spechial relationship with The One and Only - Almighty GOD.

It's not always easy being Holy, being surrounded by so much worldieness, temptetions & tauntings, that it's only human to feel rundown & out of place.

Go to The Almighty GOD in prayer and ask HIM to renew your strength.
{Isaiah 40:31}
And I too, will do the same for you.

You also have a strong love for GOD & HIS Son Jesus CHrist.

Don't be ashamed to tell HIM how you feel in your prayers.
{Those who wait for me shall never be ashamed.'' Isaiah 49:23}

Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart. {Psalms 27:14 & 31:24}

A Sister in Christ Jesus, *genesis

From reading what you wrote you sound like your stressed this will help you <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
<o:p> </o:p>
THANK JESUS FOR THIS
STRESS IS COURSED BY THE WAY WE RESPOND TO SOME THINK THAT IS HAPPENNING YOUR BODY RESPONDS IN A CHEMICAL WAY WHEN THAT HAPPENS YOUR FEEL STRESSED, IT’S A BIT LIKE FOUR PEOPLE PULLING YOUR ARMS AND LEGS IN FOUR DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS?
NOW WHAT STRESS DOSE
STRESS BUILDS UP IN LAYERS IN THE MUSTLES OF THE BODY,
I HAD ANXIETY WITCH IS A REALLY BAD DOSE OF STRESS AND I HAD IT BECOUSE SOME THINK HAPPENED TO ME WHEN I WAS A KID NOW I WENT TO A COUNCILOR I FELT LIKE A RELISE FROM IT BY TALIKNG ABOUT IT, BUT I STILL COULD NOT GET OUT OF IT, AND THIS IS WHY.
STRESS BUILDS UP IN LAYERS OF THE MUSTLES OF ARE BODY AND WHAT THE STRESS DOSE IT TRAPS HOLDS ALL THE NAGATIVE EMOSTION IN YOUR BODY THAT’S THE DAMAGE IT HAS DONE TO ME
ONCE YOU GET RID OF THE STRESS OUT THE BODY ALL THE NAGATIVE EMOTIONS THEY JUST GO
THE 5 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">MAIN</st1:place> NEGATIVE EMOTIONS ARE ANGER SADDNESS HURT FEAR AND GUILT
TO GET RID OF STRESS FROM YOUR BODY WOULD TAKE SOME ONE 3 TO 4 MONTHS DESTRESSING 3 TIMES A DAY THAT’S DOING IT MORNNING, AFTERNOON, AND NIGH

ANOTHER THING WITCH IS INPORTANT TO NO WHEN SOME ONE HAS A LOT OF STRESS STRAPED IN THERE BODY THAT HIGH LEVEL OF STRESS COUSRES SOME ONE TO RESOPED BADLY TO THINGS THAT’S WHY SOME PEOPLE CAN NOT GET OUT OF THINGS TO DO WITH THERE PAST
BECOUSE THAT’S WHAT HAPPENED TO ME,
ONCE YOU DO THIS RELAXACTION AFTER A FEW MONTHS YOU CAN BRING ON REXLATION ON IN YOUR OWN BODY AT WILL JUST BY REPEATTING SOME THINK
DO THIS RELAXATION LYNING ON A BED WITH OUT A PILLOR LYNING ON YOUR BACK WITH YOUR PARMS FACING THE CILLING TENCE UP YOUR ARMS AND LEGS CLENCH YOUR FIST AND HOLD THEM FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE DO NOT TENCE YOUR MUSTLES TO HARD BECOUSE YOUR CAN STRAIN YOUR MUSTLES AND THEY CAN HURT
CLOSE YOUR MOUTH THEN TAKE A DEAP BREATH AND BREATH UP YOUR NOSE AND EXHALE OUT YOUR MOUTH DO THIS 3 OR 4 TIMES WHEN YOU’RE EXHALE FEEL YOUR SELF SINKING INTO THE BED RELAXING
WHEN YOU DO THIS RELAXATIO EACH TIME YOUR REMOVEING LAYER ON LAYER OF STRESS YOU HAVE BEEN CARYRING AROUND WITH YOU FOR A LONG TIME

* THEN REPENT EACH ONE 3 TIMES AND FOCUSE
*MY LEFT ARM IS HEAVY
*MY RIGHT ARM IS HEAVY
*BOTH ARMS HEAVY
*BOTH LEGS ARE HEAVY
*ARMS AND LEGS HEAVY
*ARMS AND LEGS WARM
*BREATHING CALM AND EASY
*MY HEARTH BEAT CARM AND EASY
*MT SOLAR PLEX IS WARM
*MY FOUR HEAD IS COOL
*I AM AT PEASE
NEXT TIME WHEN YOU FEEL A LITTLE STRESSED REPENT JUST THIS MY LEFT ARM IS HEAVY JUST BY SAYING THAT YOUR WHOLE BODY WILL GO RELAXED AND YOUR NOW RESPONDING TO SOME THINK I N A POSTIVE WAY.

Last edited:
Peace is found in the manifest presence of God. New Age meditation techniques may offer some relief but can invite demonic activity.