Where do dogs go after death?

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by Life49, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Life49

Life49 New Member

This may be a strange question, but I have often wandered what really happens to our most loved pets, after they die. Many of these dogs, and other animals are treated as members of our human families.

My personal belief is that dogs go to heaven, where they can run free. They are free at last from the confines of gardens & leashes, pain and suffering. God created all life. When his creatures have served their time on earth, they will return to God's spiritual realm.This only my personal belief.

I don't know of any verses in the Bible that supports this view, that our much loved dogs and other animals being in heaven.

If you know of any verse in the Bible that supports this view of ,"dogs and other animals going to heaven," that would be very helpful.

Your comments are welcome.

God Bless
    Life49

2. stephen

stephen Moderator
    Staff Member

I am not sure. Interesting.

Jack-van-impe believes pets go to heaven. If you put his name in "google" perhaps you will get his web address, and be able to ask him your question, and then let us know!

God Bless You

#2 stephen, Nov 16, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  3. Templedweller

Templedweller New Member

some people take the animal refernces literal and others take them figuratively...Only God Knows and yet I would hope we would have them there...We ride white horses back with Jesus ....... Hmmmmm.

4. Cody

Cody New Member

Man was made in the image of God, animals were not. Animals were made for things such as food and transportation. The Bible talks about white horses descending from Heaven, but I doubt these will be your typical horses. I'm not 100% sure about this subject, but look at it this way. You won't even care if your pets are there. You'll be in Heaven with Jesus and all your attention will be on Him.

Genesis 1:26
    "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." KJV

5. Bailey

Bailey New Member

I think there will be...i mean...we'll come back on white horses...why not have other animals there too? but who knows...only God knows...
    ♥love ya in Christ,
    Bailey♥