• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What kind of fruits will a child of God bear, not speaking of the “Holy Spirit”fruits at this time.

Loyal
This is not a Sunday school, I think many will get this. For I have thought about this for many years and so have you. Make sure you have clear thoughts of scripture for back up. Let us kick this around for a little bit, for edification! And see what we come
Up with.❤ Keep the post title always in mind! No reasons, just kind of fruit that should show. Please no arguments on this one, but deep thoughts. Ok❤

Loyal
If you've thought about it for many years, why not tell us what conclusions you've drawn?

Loyal
For openers, would not these be considered fruits of a true child of God?
1. A peacemaker
2. Merciful
3.living a type of life that is” persecuted for righteousness.
4. If someone slaps you, you turn the other cheek.
5. Love your enemies, bless those who curse you.
6. Pray for and not against those who abuse you, and say all kinds of evil against you.
7. Read you bible regularly
8. talk to your children about God everyday if possible.
9. everyone you know, knows that you”Love” Jesus!
10 persecuted, because you talk about Jesus
Do that seems like fruits of a “ child of God”?

Loyal
How about 'this' Galations 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, against such there is no law."

Some of the items in your list are from the Sermon on the Mount.

A person doesn't Have to be experiencing persecution all the time as a child of God.

Reading our Bible regularly will be a desire for a born-again believer.

Loyal
But Sue, does that verse say: The fruit of the “Spirit” it did not say your fruit . It says the fruit of the Spirit, that means it belongs to Him and not you. am I right. That English syntax shows “possession” ownership, and states who the owner is right? So things I said about a Christian now could that be label as fruit.. scripture talks about much fruit. We are to bear. And we are prune to bear more fruit.

Loyal
When a person accepts Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, the Holy Spirit comes immediately to indwell them. Besides the inner peace that the individual person gets as a result, there are Also fruits Of the Spirit in their lives as a result.
That's why other's Will observe the presence of the Holy Spirit within them.

And as a believer -- we will be bearing fruit for God, yes. It's two different things.

Loyal
(John 15)
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes a so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.4Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.6If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

Loyal
Two different 'fruits' are being talked about.

Fruits being talked about in Galations is different than in John 15.

Loyal
7And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit. 8And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred. 9And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
(Mark 4: 8-9).
This fruit is not the “Holy Spirit” fruit” but the scripture is referring to the ‘believers” fruit. There is a difference! You cannot bear the “Holy Spirit’s” fruit because it belongs to Him” But you can bear your own.
“May God give you the wisdom in such matter”. God the Father does not prune the “Holy Spirit” that it may produce more fruit. He prunes us. Shalom.

Loyal
LOL! I just wish I could make you laugh sometimes. With a little, humour. Even when we don’t agree. I try to be so careful with my words.

Loyal
I use to hear ministers and pastors and etc. That’s not bearing “the Holy Spirit” fruit. You are suppose to bear the Holy Spirit fruit. That’s kinda hard to do as a new Christian for 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You are not a Christian if you are not Bearing “The Holy Spirit’s” fruits. I know a little of the English syntax. The ‘S on the end of Spirit shows “possession” of who it belongs too. If you are exercising the Holy Spirit’s fruits, you have just become the “Holy Spirit”. Now the fruits of the believer comes if they abide in the vine, and when the father prunes the vine, it automatically produces fruit, then much fruit, He continues to prune as long as we remain in the vine. How do we remain in the vine, do not grieve the Holy Spirit.

Active
For openers, would not these be considered fruits of a true child of God?
1. A peacemaker
2. Merciful
3.living a type of life that is” persecuted for righteousness.
4. If someone slaps you, you turn the other cheek.
5. Love your enemies, bless those who curse you.
6. Pray for and not against those who abuse you, and say all kinds of evil against you.
7. Read you bible regularly
8. talk to your children about God everyday if possible.
9. everyone you know, knows that you”Love” Jesus!
10 persecuted, because you talk about Jesus
Do that seems like fruits of a “ child of God”?
These are all an offshoot of the fruits of the Spirit.

Loyal
Sorry, The “Holy Scripture” have never made such a statement as that.

You said: “These are all offshoot of the fruits of the spirit.”

The Bible clearly states. “The Fruits of The Holy Spirit are these, then list the fruit that Belongs to it.

Then we have our own fruit. But we must abide in Christ to produce it.. Then God the Father Prunes us to Produce more fruit. Without him you cannot do nothing.

(John 15).
5I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

Scriptures never tells you to abide in the “Holy Spirit “ then you will bear my fruit or produce more fruit. Or without me you cannot do anything. You are to “Walk in the Spirit” then you will abide in “Christ” and then you will produce your good fruit and God will make you produce more fruit, which is a continue process.

it is plain, English syntax. I know it is not your fought, we been hearing that teaching for years, so much, by the “institutionalise church” system, it has been seared into our mind “like a hot branding iron”. “Shalom”
Or maybe you are trying to say the same thing that I am saying but not using the right pattern of saying it.

Write it down for yourself with pen and paper your thought about describe the fruits of the Spirit and your fruits. But keep in bounds of “Holy Scripture”. See what it looks like, using sound doctrine. That is how “Scholars” do it. And we all in Christ are called to be “Arm chair Theologians & Critical Scholars”. Write it down. Then read it! Then present your perfect case. Now you know the Devil would never tell you to do something like that.

Loyal
Galatians 5:22-23. "The but fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law."

When a person becomes a born-again believer, there life will exhibit these characteristics. If they Don't , then chances are that the Holy Spirit is not indwelling them. It's the Holy Spirit bringing those changes in a person's life -- it's nothing a person is going to do in their own lives.

There's a difference between a person's life exhibiting those fruits And being a fruit-bearer. As a born-again believer there Are things that God has for us to do For Him. That would be the believer 'bear fruit' For God. -- sort of the concept of faith without works is dead. A person Should be able to 'see' a persons' Faith by / through the things they are doing in their lives.

I really wish you'd quit tearing down what you refer to as the "instsituionalized' church. It IS the local body of believers who Are to meet together on a regular / weekly / basis. And we Can be neighbors to the local church to fellowship with us.

And why is there a right pattern for saying something.

Active
Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Joh_13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me
Luk 10:33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
Luk 10:34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
Luk 10:35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

Loyal
Letś not get this personal.
Jesus said:
Letś not get this personal.
I’m not getting personal, maybe I should have used the word “Agape”. Sorry, I will make it more clearer for now on.

Love for Enemies

43“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor i and hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be children of your Father in heaven. (John 5:44).

Active
There are no plurals concerning the Holy Spirit.
Galatians 5:22 States the "Fruit of the Spirit". One fruit, one Spirit; one God, one Faith, one baptism.
John 15:5 - I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

God is the strength of the believers fruit. Everyone indwelled by the Holy Spirit produces fruit..