• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

What is the Word of God that binds up our souls?

Loyal
I don't set doctrine, that's for people who feel they are intellectual superiors who know the mind of God. I am just talking about my faith, and asking others what theirs is according to their faith. Do you think my faith should fall in line with yours and your doctrines?

Loyal
Brad

Faith is complete trust in Jesus, so yes thats what we all need in order to have him as our savior. faith in Jesus is faith in the word and faith in God and when I say faith I think I also mean trust.

I here you on Doctrine, I see some people arguing about the silliest of things to justify the lack of faith perhaps, the intellects have created so many big and complex words trying to describe different meanings of scriptures, and I always think, man there are tons of people who can not even read or write that have more faith then some of the intellects with there great doctrines. (this has nothing to do with BAC I have tons of respect for him and love his studies)

yes Faith is from the heart, and the heart is the most important thing. Do not get me wrong I love reading the word and learning it, and applying it more importantly

Loyal
I like BAC as well Dave. I just like to help others come to the truth on their own. If christians say they have and "follow" the Holy Spirit, then we must eventually come together in agreement if only grudgingly. First BAC said my title didn't fit in with his doctrine, and then that doctrine only comes from the word of God. I don't disagree with him, but he's completely overlooking what I am trying to say in this thread. I told Bendito why his verses supported what I was saying, either spiritually or intellectually, and his response was that I was in danger in my faith, a response set in not knowing how to use the word of God to break what you want to break. Part of what I am saying is simply this, before scripture became the word of God, it was SPOKEN WORDS that were simply recorded and the Holy Spirit tells us the truth of it. Then the intellectuals come along and tell us what is and is not the word of God because of man made rules of logic and word play. So some things get left behind because intellectual of the Catholic and Orthodox faith tell us there is nothing that's really important in other stuff. They don't have good arguments sometimes (per accepted scripture) to prove their reasoning, and they say, just trust us, we are in charge of you, we are smarter than you, we know how to properly divide the word of God to set up your faith exactly as it should be. Then the Orthodox (OC) and the roman Catholics (RC) begin to go their separate ways, and then muslim extremists of the day begin to defeat the nations that the OC are strong in, the RC doesn't help them, thinking the RC's are the gates of heaven that hell shall not prevail against, and that the OC is being punished for not agreeing with the RC in its edicts. Then when christiandom begins pushing back the muslim extremists and retake Constantinople (the center of the OC faith), they sack and plunder the city, treating the OC faithful as bad as the muslims. That creates a rift that has never healed between the two powers that represent Christianity. Then along comes Luther who can clearly see some of the problems that the dominant RC has been doing and breaks away and gains a following (and some of Luther's faith was pretty messed up according to generally accepted protestant faith of today). Then taking Luther's lead, many others break away forming their own churchs different in some way from the others. They all argue their faith is correct and apply scripture to point out why. Then it comes down to what scripture means in individual verses and topics as a whole of scripture. And although some protestant churchs are generally agreed upon as a cult, others just accept that although others disagree with their own, the scripture they put forward that seperates, can be interpreted easily in different ways and to grudgingly accept them as Christian, just not as wise as their own.

Now back to topic, most Christian church members like to eat the body of Christ, the word of God, divide it and put it back together in the way they believe to be most true INTELLECTULLY, but all too often they don't use the HOLY SPIRIT, drink the blood, and wait for the Holy Spirit to guide them into the truth in its own time.

John 6:50-60New American Standard Bible (NASB)

50 This is the bread which comes down out of heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.”
52 Then the Jews began to argue with one another, saying, “How can this man give us His flesh to eat?” 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. 54 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55 For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also will live because of Me. 58 This is the bread which came down out of heaven; not as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever.”

Is not the Father/Son/Holy Spirit one yet separate? Did not the word of God say He would send the comforter to guide us into all things? Is it not clear that only those guided by the Holy Spirit can see the truth in something versus man made logic (intellect) of why something is true or not?

Staff Member
Greetings @Curtis

Please allow me to just give speak along these lines as I see them.

The most important part of being a human being, is having a purpose as to why we exist. No body does anything in their life until they first have a purpose or reason why do do them. The Lord God is no different, because it is from him we get our purpose from, and he (God) does nothing with out first having a purpose either.

We know what God's purpose was for Jesus Christ as it says, “All things were made by him, and they were made for him” (John 1:3) (Col 1:16) Sense everything was made by him, and for him, this would be the same reason why man was brought forth as being Jesus's body!!! He is the head, and we are his body!!

How to get this understanding into his body (his Church, his man) can only be by “eating”, and “drinking his blood”. Words give purpose, and purpose gives life to that purpose. It is interesting that Jesus said this about where he gets his life (purpose) from.......

John 6:57 Just as the living Father sent Me and I live by (through, because of) the Father, even so whoever continues to feed on Me [whoever takes Me for his food and is nourished by Me] shall [in his turn] live through and because of Me.

The man Jesus derived his life from the purpose in which his Father sent him. Jesus then tells us that we will derive our life from him as we eat his Words which gives us our purpose, which gives life. Jesus also eats words, which was his meat.....

John 4:34 Jesus said to them, My food (nourishment) is to do the will (pleasure) of Him Who sent Me and to accomplish and completely finish His work. (AMP)

John 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. (KJV)

John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
John 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Our life comes from our purpose, which is communicated to us by Words. (Word of God)

some good points you have made here and as Brad originally posted, we do well to consider Him. (my paraphrase)

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
Greetings @amadeus2

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul." Lev 17:11

Yes, the life of the flesh is in the blood, but what animal had/has the LIFE of which Jesus spoke?

"For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?" Heb 9:13-14

The first sacrifices under Levitical law were but shadows or types of the final sacrifice of Jesus after which no further sacrifice was needed.

The blood that Jesus shed from his body of flesh was the "life" of that flesh. Every man born of woman has that "life" until he breathes his last breath, but the "LIFE" of which Jesus speaks of in John 14:6 is more than that and different than that. It is the "LIFE" of the new man mentioned by Paul. The "life" is no more than the "old man" of each of us which needs to die.

The natural 10 pints of so of human blood of Jesus shed on the cross was a worthy sacrifice because unlike the blood of every other man it was not tainted with sin, but it was not the source of LIFE. The source of LIFE was and is the HOLY SPIRIT which He also shed it poured it out to be received in the hearts of men beginning with the experiences we read in Acts chapter 2. I believe it is this Spirit that we must drink, the LIFE giving blood of Jesus. This Holy Spirit gives LIFE as per II Cor 3:6.

The life blood of the "old man" of each of us is tainted, defiled by sin, so our old corruptible and corrupted bodies will die. But, the "new man" of us lives because of the new "blood" which is the Holy Spirit in us.

thanks for sharing this here.
I can't remember exactly but some of what you wrote reminded me of some of the sacrifices (OT) were eaten.
Also that prior to Jesus, men were not offered and sacrificed and doing so would have been punished by the LORD , as the heathen who sacrificed man, woman and child.

All good food to chew over and share as a meal together.

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
Greetings again @Curtis ,

"Physical" things do have a "spiritual" counters part connected to them. there is the literal "Body", and "blood" of Jesus Christ that was given to the Church for our healing, salvation, and forgiveness of sins. We also have the spiritual "body" (Word of God), and "blood" (Holy Spirit that gives life) of Jesus Christ that we eat, and drink of for spiritual life. Jesus was always referring to drinking a living water in, and that same water flowing out of man's belly like a river. He referred to this as the Holy Spirit. The literal "blood" of Jesus was for the forgiveness of sin. "without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins.", and for the instituting a new covenant that is everlasting. This blood is right now sprinkled upon the mercy seat of God in Heaven which Jesus brought in himself at his resurrection. (Hebrews 9:12)

The literal blood of Jesus was the only way an imperfect being (us) could live and dwell inside a perfect being (God). There can be no true intimacy between two people if there is any conscience of offense between the two. The blood covers our sin(s), and God remembers them no more. Many years ago while I was reading this verse......

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The Lord said, "there are two parts to this scripture". "when you confess your sin(s) I will forgive you your sins. (Sin is always against God), and I will remember them no more, and then the next part, I will cleanse you from all unrighteousness"

There is no way we can come "boldly" to the throne room of grace if there is any conscience of sin(s). The blood is the only way to cleanse our conscience, and the only way God would forgive us, and cause him not to remember them anymore.

well said. Thanks for sharing this insight. Good food!

Bless you ....><>