• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What in the World??

Active
No Christian would "demand" reparations for something they never experienced by someone who never did something.

A church like this is the reason why the donations might be failing in the first place, Christian love is also to forgive... and that tends to be the person on person basis. Not from a century ago.

Active
A church like this is the reason why the donations might be failing in the first place, Christian love is also to forgive... and that tends to be the person on person basis. Not from a century ago.
Pretty sure access to God isn't locked behind "tickets and/or money".

Pretty sure access to God isn't locked behind "tickets and/or money".

Completely agree, donations are important for the church and its community to though, even more so if it is a small denomination. Naturally they are requesting something absurd and outright preposterous.

Active
Completely agree, donations are important for the church and its community to though, even more so if it is a small denomination. Naturally they are requesting something absurd and outright preposterous.
When preference is given to the "blessed" people who sit up front and the "not so blessed" if you get what I mean sit further back there is a problem.

Active
Everything belongs to God. Christians belong to Jesus. Nobody has anything unless God allows you to have it and everything is to the Glory of God. As Job said, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Job 1:21, and also Jesus told Pilate "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above." John 19:11. If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31

Active
Everything belongs to God. Christians belong to Jesus. Nobody has anything unless God allows you to have it and everything is to the Glory of God. As Job said, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Job 1:21, and also Jesus told Pilate "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above." John 19:11. If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31
Regarding Pilate, there is the Act of Pilate which I've started to read.
I'm sure post death and resurrection many did realize Jesus is the Messiah and came to God.

Active
Regarding Pilate, there is the Act of Pilate which I've started to read.
I'm sure post death and resurrection many did realize Jesus is the Messiah and came to God.
I'm sure Pilate had a good conversation with Jesus. Pilate and his wife knew who Jesus was. Pity he didn't document it though. After he was called back to Roman, he retired and fell off history. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've studied Pilate a couple years ago. He was sainted in the Ethiopian church.

Active
I'm sure Pilate had a good conversation with Jesus. Pilate and his wife knew who Jesus was. Pity he didn't document it though. After he was called back to Roman, he retired and fell off history. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've studied Pilate a couple years ago. He was sainted in the Ethiopian church.
IDK if you or anyone else knows but I've read and learned that Pilate concluded there was no fault in Jesus.
We know how hierarchy works in any job. He was ordered to "fix" it. It's why he let the Jews decide his punishment.
I just got off work and haven't had a chance to read the Act of Pilate. It may not be Scripture but countless history books are legit without the Bible.
Romans were great record keepers however:
Given the time and limited area of Jesus' travel He was in modern words "nothing more than a local activist troublemaker". Since there was no Roman Wal-Mart to go buy cheap ink, feathers, and animal skins then very little was recorded of Him by the Roman Empire. He mad a fuss for roughly 3 years and would not have been worth "ink to skins" to them.
The events that took place when He died were no coincidence.

What was recorded was important. What God deemed worth of recording. Any good judge might take the time for a 1 to 1. Nowhere near sever enough but when I divorced my wife, the judge called me to her and I had my attorney with me.
She asked a few questions for clarification.
Romans were no slouch or lazy when it came to work.

Active
IDK if you or anyone else knows but I've read and learned that Pilate concluded there was no fault in Jesus.
We know how hierarchy works in any job. He was ordered to "fix" it. It's why he let the Jews decide his punishment.
I just got off work and haven't had a chance to read the Act of Pilate. It may not be Scripture but countless history books are legit without the Bible.
Romans were great record keepers however:
Given the time and limited area of Jesus' travel He was in modern words "nothing more than a local activist troublemaker". Since there was no Roman Wal-Mart to go buy cheap ink, feathers, and animal skins then very little was recorded of Him by the Roman Empire. He mad a fuss for roughly 3 years and would not have been worth "ink to skins" to them.
The events that took place when He died were no coincidence.

What was recorded was important. What God deemed worth of recording. Any good judge might take the time for a 1 to 1. Nowhere near sever enough but when I divorced my wife, the judge called me to her and I had my attorney with me.
She asked a few questions for clarification.
Romans were no slouch or lazy when it came to work.
3 times Pilate found no fault in Jesus. Pilate was doing God's will, even if he didn't realize it. Remember Jesus is the sacrificial lamb. and another called the scapegoat had to go free. Leviticus 16:10. So Barabbas had to go free. Barabbas means son of my father and Jesus is the Son of God. It's all in God's redemptive plan for us.

Pilate believed Jesus when Jesus said He was King of the Jews. So, Pilate was in God's will. Before Pilate died, I'm sure Christians sought him out in Italy to talk to him.