1. Featured Thread

The Helmet of Salvation

Depressed? Hopeless? Filled with self-pity? Learn how to overcome these problems. Understand the mind is the battlefield for all spiritual warfare. Hear Derek explain the nature of “hope” and how an “optimistic attitude that always sees the best, will not give way to depression and doubt and self-pity.”

View This Bible Study

2. Featured Thread

Parables of Jesus

Jesus' parables are short stories that teach a moral or spiritual lesson by analogy or similarity. They are often stories based on the agricultural life that was intimately familiar to His original first century audience.

Some aspect of an unfamiliar concept, such as the kingdom of God, was compared to something from everyday life that could easily be understood.

View The Parables

3. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

What does Wisdom mean?

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by AngelLoverMom, Oct 20, 2009.

Share This Page

1. AngelLoverMom

Expand Collapse

I have been so confused about what the word wisdom meant. At first I thought it meant faith but from what I was told, its not. :( So what does it mean? Can anyone help me?

2. Goose

Expand Collapse

From 'Knowing God' by J.I.Packer.

"In Scipture wisdom is a moral as well as an intellectual quality, more than mere intelligence or knowledge, just as it is more than mere cleverness or cunning. For us to be truly wise, in the Bible sense, our intelligence and cleverness must be harnessed to a right end. Wisdom is the power to see, and the inclination to choose, the best and highest goal, together with the surest means of attaining it. Wisdom is, in fact, the practical side of moral goodness."

3. Boanerges

Expand Collapse

To me wisdom is the ability to apply knowledge.

It has been said that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
    It has also been said that to know the love of the Lord is fulness of wisdom.

But these are just my thoughts.
    God bless you and have a great day in the Lord,
    your brother Larry.

4. Trishann

Expand Collapse

I love the way Boanerges put it, "To me wisdom is the ability to apply knowledge."

5. farouk

Expand Collapse

Paul to the Corinthian believers says that the Lord Jesus, 'of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption'.