• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

What do I do?

What should I do..

Hello my name is Friend! You can call me Friend.

I have been diagnosed with scitzophrenia for almost a year now late December I was diagnosed with scitzophrenia and I was put on a couple of different drugs that the doctor put me on. It was the first time I know of that I was put on drugs for a disability. As a kid in elementary i was diagnosed with aspergers a form of autism. It was a small stumbling block to my childhood I was switched to special classes in that time. I made a bad choice in 12th grade to smoke marijuanna. And during that time I started reading from the Bible and stopped praying my catholic rosary tradition.. My marijuanna abuse started in January 2013-- and ended just about two or so weeks ago. In 2015 I was beginning to drink alcohol, in 2016 I began drinking every day. I "blacked out" and and was drunk on a daily basis pretty much. In 2016 I began thinking that I was being watched through the camera on my phone. I even thought I was being watched when I didn't have my phone on. Or when I was away from it altogether. I started noticing that cars from a distance making noise that sounded like they were talking to me. I was obsessed with "rap songs" during this time that most of it promoted immorality. I was trying to write my own songs on paper and thought the cars or people watching me some way and thanking me for my songs i was trying to write. I stopped listening to that music February 2019. In 2018 I began feeling like I was thinking absolutely wrong unclean thoughts about saints and our Lord Jesus Christ. Those thoughts were so unwanted and so "Un-Me" that I thought that someone had microchipped my brain or bugged it some point in life
(could've been when I was blacked out intoxicated in 2016
)

because I was getting the feeling from reading the internet and hearing people talk around me that people were reading my thoughts. Last year in may 2019 I was at work at arca my 4th or 5th job since 2013 I had been with Arca for 11 months up to May 2019. I smoked marijuanna out of handmade device made out of a plastic spork and a apple and that night after work I began thinking my Mom and dad had microchipped me and were selling my privacy to people somehow and making a profit doing so. I was crazed when I got home and began throwing over furniture outside and broke a car window on one of my Dads old cars in the yard. My Mom and dad called the cops because they felt threatened that night. I was arrested for my good and the safety of others Im glad I was detained that night. I thought about my actions in jail and was let go after being tooken in Thursday evening I was released Monday afternoon. I was on my own living at the homeless shelter for 2 weeks until I begged my dad to let me come back and he let me come back to his house. My mom and dad acted as if I never did what I did being destructive. I Was very attached to a pet doberman dog I named nala in 2018 and she was over a year old when she taken away from me and the rest of our dogs by people that thought we had to many dogs they were taken away in October 2019. I felt like I was depressed almost after that. During this time I returned to old obsession that took up alot of my childhood from 2006-2011 I took up a habit of playing with action figures of wrestlers and was obsessed playing with them almost all day and would stay up sometimes till 6am playing with them. From august 2019 to December I played with them alot and I quit the night I had wanted to stop smoking marijuana. I had stopped on a friday December 13 and 8 days later after a plasma donation I got home and was home for about an hour after plasma center when I called the cops and was demanding the ambulance and police give a headscan to detect any microchips. They never scanned me, but during those 2 days that I was in the University of New Mexico psychiatric center being evaluated by the doctors they put me on a drug then two weeks later I was put on another drug by doctors orders. Then about 2 months later I was put on 3 different drugs than the original one i was put on. During the corona virus pandemic started in March 2020 my doctor stopped returning my calls and I wasnt being seen so I stopped taking those "medicines" that were supposed to help me that the doctor prescribed the only thing they were doing to me is making me lazy and sleep all day. I felt abandoned with no one to tell. They put me on those medications against my will in the first place reason they were against my will is because my understanding is that medications in biblical times were called " pharmakia" and I had learned this on this very website Talk Jesus and the Bible Hub app.

I know the basics of the Bible and the Gospel and Faith in Jesus Christ is the foundation of every believer.--"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."(Romans10:9)

So after I stopped taking those mad mad drugs I returned to smoking street marijuanna which I was on from May 2020 to late September 2020 when I realized that it was destroying my mind.

My church history is as follows:

Born in October 1995.

*I dont know my baptism day as a Catholic

Catholic throughout my childhood attended catechism-- and was confirmed in the catholic catechism in 2008. I prayed the rosary in my mind before sleep.. only things I knew then was what the priests said on the stage at church. Didnt know or attempt reading the Bible quite yet although I had one given to me by the catholic group in charge of the teenage people around 2008-2009.

I had attended one protestant "mega Church" called Legacy in about 2011for the first time when a friend at school invited me and I went 1 day but wasnt mature enough to even retain a thing that was said, I just went there to go.

The next memory I had of going to church was in February 2013 I went to the catholic church for ash Wednesday on short notice when my dad said lets go and me my mom my dad and I believe my 2nd oldest sister left but I was intoxicated from marijuanna at that time looking back I regret going even if I dont trust the catholic church.. I read my Bible and listened to Evangelist Lady on line named Anita Fuentes on youtube from mid to late 2013- january 2015. I was reading some of the Bible during this time. I have vague memory of my prayer life at that time. But I assume it wasn't right.

I was ordering a Bible (kjv) from a free provider online. They brought it to my fence and we set up an interview for that next Wednesday at about 1:30pm

They told me they were with the Mormon group "the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints"

I accepted it because I thought it was true at the time. But then I started reading a bunch of sources from online that taught the Mormon doctrine was a scam or false and that Joseph Smith wasn't a true prophet I believed after they provided what seemed to be evidence against that organization.

I started going to legacy church again in January 2016 when a lady that I had hoped to be with one day said I should go to her church. I went every few weeks in the beginning of 2016. Then sporadically throughout 2016. Then in January 2017 I would attend Legacy church for the last time until 3 years later.

I would attend the 3 churches that were smaller around my area. 1 of them was not mentioning Jesus in the sermons as much as I wanted. 1 of them I felt was leading me astray and the other one the better of the 3 but I got paranoid I was a false prophet from the Jeremiah 28 being read in church I've hardly read in the old testament but I know the basics of the hebrew scriptures although every part is important. but I don't feel I was a false prophet probably because I was a alcoholic at the time and my mind was not right. Still didn't feel it is. I would return to that church in January 2019. Then I would try getting help from a church down the street because I thought I was demonic possessed-- this was an alternate view I had opposed to me thinking someone had microchipped me.

They prayed for me but Im not sure if they did cast out demons. I returned there this year last Sunday and I also attended Legacy church for the 6:30 service last night. But I thought unclean thoughts like usual even after service when I got home. And this morning when I woke up.

During my drug addiction I became terrible some times really bad some times not as bad but I was an arrogant fool that wanted to be a "entertainment wrestler" at that point one day that was my vision my dream. I was lazy but put on a good ethic at work to impress the bosses when I worked at Smiths for 2 years from December 2012- November 2014. I worked my 2nd Job at Wal-Mart from March 2015- January 2016 and again for the same company from April 2016-November 2016. My next big job would come at ARCA (big job means how long I held it) I worked for ARCA from June 2018- May 2019.

As a kid I was bullied and disrespected and made to feel like an outcast.

Things done to me were from elementary in kindergarten when someone shoved a booger in my mouth to being punched in the nose on the school bus. My candy being stolen from me in 4th grade that the youngest of sister gave to me as a present. And the people I thought were my friends showing they were not true friends and turning into bullies over time.

Although I had a mellow time in high school. Not to many negative things to say about high school.

I don't just accept any doctrine given to me by any christian because the Bible says "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

But I don't know the entire Bible by heart quite yet.

During my life every time I liked a girl from first sight I thought I was in love.

And I got bitter resentment about life every time I was rejected and thats what contributed to my Marijuanna addiction.

First big crush 2011-2012 I joined soccer team and tried being humble so she might like me. But she didn't and I was crushed after her rejection of me on her birthday after I gave her a present of 2 dozen flowers and her favorite chocolate that I asked her sister what was her favorite thats how I knew what I should get. I started smoking that next month in January 2013 I regret that too.

I was kissed by a woman for the first time in June 2015.

When I was rejected by her for tge last time I swung into what I describe the climax of alcohol abuse.

We just weren't meant to be together I realized Gods plan is different than our own sometimes.

And Ive never liked a woman the same way since.

My Mom and Dad have cared for me throughout life but trials and tribulations have effected us differently.

They were and still are always gonna be the blessings that were crutches to me my whole life and I have hope I could be that for them but my maturity and all my problems hinder my growth.

Ive left out plenty of this to try to make it short with only what I feel is necessary to share to get a christian perspective on what can I do what do I do and who still cares for the broken.

I know there are bigger problems than mine but I would like to hear an answer from a council of christians if you will.

Regardless of all this stuff that has happened.

The one thing I count valuable over all things is my faith in Jesus Christ the Lord-- Yeshua the Messiah.

Active
Hi Friend,

Sorry I've not got back to you before, only just picked your post up.

Man, you've been into some weird stuff in your time, and all the time, you're saying that you counted Jesus as valuable. Mate, I promise you I'm not judging you, we've all sinned and you've done only slightly more sins than me in that I've never done drugs but then I've probably done plenty other stuff to more than make up the shortfall and like you all the time, whilst professing a love of Jesus, compromised with a foot in two camps. The thing that we can both cling to with confidence is that God's forgiveness through the power of the cross is absolute and total, no one can challenge it. If you truly give your life to Jesus there's got to come a day where if you do truly love Jesus, you're going to realise that all this compromising is hurting and stressing the God that you love and stunting your relationship with Him. I'm hoping that today is that day. Read Jeremiah 31:31-34. You avoid sin as an act of love and worship of God. The Holy Spirit will help you with that if you ask and let Him.

Drugs are wrong on so many levels, not only as a Christian, and not just because they mess up your head and cause the psychosis you've been diagnosed with, but you buy them from a dealer who's prepared to shoot and stab for the right to supply on your pitch. A very dear friend of mine who's son was caught up in this, he owed a dealer who exerted so much much pressure on him, his only way out was to hang himself; she's left totally devastated. As a Christian, you can't be mixing with that. The drugs scene has a glamorous veneer that's wafer thin and underneath is a level of sin depravity that sucks its victims in, destroying their lives, from the destitute vulnerable through to movie stars and sports personalities. STAY AWAY.

Many of the earlier problems, in your problem relationships are likely to be routed in your Asperger's. This has the effect of obscuring relationships, you probably find it difficult to understand where people are coming from during normal interactions, and likewise they may think that somethings you do or say are a bit weird. Times that by a factor of four or five if you've got mental health issues brought about by psychosis and drugs abuse. The thing to try and do is take interactions with people really slowly and try and take them at face value resisting a need to examine motives and reading between lines. Try to exercise the love of God working in you through His Holy Spirit and as such try to exude a God given love to everyone you come across. Jesus goes into this in detail in the first part of his sermon on the mount. I'm sure your therapist will also give you exercises to do that will help.

Satan's therapy, drugs and booze has made the problem substantially worse. Avoid like it was a pandemic!

I wouldn't get too hung up about dating just now. Concentrate instead on you and God. I urge you to really focus upon your God. He's been with you, holding your hand all the way through, wanting to heal you with His loving powerful care. Please let that happen by opening up and asking for that healing. God will give it to you if only you'll let Him. Then try and work on broadening your horizons, looking for nice friendships with both sexes. God probably has a lovely sister in the faith that'll really love you to bits and want to be a part of your life and faith in God, sharing together. Please don't stymie His plans by dating outside of the faith.

Work on your prayer life. Constantly, once an hour minimum, tell God you love Him, frequently tell Him why - I love you God because ..... Thank you dear God for ..... You are amazing God because ..... Talk and chat to Him like He's you best mate (He literally is) tell Him what you like and dislike, how you're feeling, your hopes and wishes, just chat, and of course ask Him for your needs and wants. Matthew 7:11

Read your Bible as much as possible. There's an App called YouVersion. It's a Bible on your smartphone or tablet. The default is KJV which can be a bit heavy unless you've studied Shakespeare :) but you can download dozens of different versions. I like NIV and NKJV. There's loads free Bible reading plans to work through, verse of the day, it's brilliant!

Find yourself a church with good pastoral care and where you feel happy and at home with really nice loving brothers and sisters who show you they care and love you for who you are.

God bless you bro and if you want to chat more feel free to PM me.

Take care. Love Andy

Active
Greetings Friend,
All of us has been through things in this world, a carnal world. Now, laying all that junk down at the cross and being born a new creation in Christ Jesus, the old things are passed away, and remembered no more.
You have to lay your past down, and press on in Him, by Him, for Him.
You see, it isn't about self anymore, it is about Christ; push on each day becoming more Christ like. He will meet you there.
God bless you on your journey.

Greetings Friend,
All of us has been through things in this world, a carnal world. Now, laying all that junk down at the cross and being born a new creation in Christ Jesus, the old things are passed away, and remembered no more.
You have to lay your past down, and press on in Him, by Him, for Him.
You see, it isn't about self anymore, it is about Christ; push on each day becoming more Christ like. He will meet you there.
God bless you on your journey.
What are things that I can do that every christian does would you be able to help?

Active
Well...friend,
Lay your past down, use it only for testimony of what God has delivered you out of.

Everyone of us has been through the fire. Through...key word. We've not gone through...if we're still dancing in the fire.

Grab on to God, not religion.

Pray as the Word tells us to pray; not for carnal worldly things, God is Spirit.

Read your bible, ask God to unveil the scripture and teach you His truth...asking Him for wisdom and understanding by revelation knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Friend, read the way it's meant to be read; capitalized words, punctuation, who is speaking, who is being spoken to, how are they being spoken to.

God bless

Well...friend,
Lay your past down, use it only for testimony of what God has delivered you out of.

Everyone of us has been through the fire. Through...key word. We've not gone through...if we're still dancing in the fire.

Grab on to God, not religion.

Pray as the Word tells us to pray; not for carnal worldly things, God is Spirit.

Read your bible, ask God to unveil the scripture and teach you His truth...asking Him for wisdom and understanding by revelation knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Friend, read the way it's meant to be read; capitalized words, punctuation, who is speaking, who is being spoken to, how are they being spoken to.

God bless
So how is a day supposed to look for a believer? Yes sir I agree that past should be laying down and the best way to not be distracted and drawn into past desires is to create new routines. As a autistic, its very hard for us to find new habits..
You see for instance, I used to be a smoking 'pot" guy but now three weeks later I do not have the old desire to smoke anymore in fact I deny it. Reason being is because it is what must have caused my scitzophrenia, according to my research. The second reason is it was eating my wallet. Third reason is I seen a window to get out of smoking a window that I normally could not see because my life was clouded with that smoke and I couldn't see the window unless it be revealed my the light of the Lord Jesus Christ. Christ provided a window of opportunity but I translate it as a door.
I walked through by the grace of God and it seems the Lord has quenched my appetite from the vain philosophy that marijuana was causing me to have. And has filled me off of his good word and has given me better thoughts (although I still get tested), the agitation of old is in a vegetative state, made a captive of Christ Jesus. Where the old man has been judged by the word of God. The new creation rejoices in the promise of salvation that is only possible through faith in Gods only begotten Son--the Lord Jesus Christ.
So with that being said what are some things that you laid down when you first believed? And what did you replace them with?
What were some traits of the old man--and what did you replace those old habits with?
Thank you,
Friend.

Active
Well friend, the 38 I had to my head, I lay down and rose up a new creation in Him. I chose God and had hope
I plowed into the bible, reading, seeking, asking, knocking...deep study. I spent abt 6 hrs in reading the Word and cross referencing scripture and the rest of the day walking and talking with God about it. Staying in the same study, God would unveil the scriptures and the Holy Ghost would teach me. He is the only true Teacher.

I did that for 7 months, every day, me and God, no outside or worldly interference.

In order for Him to increase, I must decrease.

All this world and all the stuff in it is to keep us focused on a carnal, flesh world.
Christ said be separate from it. Just because I'm in it doesn't mean i have to be a partaker of it. God is all that we need.

Now I had a stumbling block before me and fell down. I won't go into it but some here know what happened. Torn apart by it I was, however I fulfilled my expected duties of this world.

My home was burned by the community i lived, and such a blessing it was, for it allowed me freedom once again to be about God and his calling upon me. You see what was meant to crush me, was a blessing that indeed save me from a very cruel world, again.
And again, it's not the response they wanted. Their wickedness upon a child of God freed me of the worldly stuff I couldn't turn loose of.

I push on, even harder now perhaps, because i have nothing, except what God has given me. I have a tent in which I live in, and a couple change out of clothes. I get to use a campgrounds free wifi to even talk to you. I have no paid cell phone, or even an address. And I am happy, content and have peace of mind and heart. God doesn't lead his children blind folded. He never has and He never will.
Just a month ago i was in Wisconsin, now I'm in the woods and mountains of Tennessee, sharing the good news of Christ and all he has delivered me out of, to any that want to learn of Him.

In our darkest hour God picks us up and comforts us with His love. He never leaves us, nor forsakes us. Just believe.

God bless

Staff Member
acts-20-24-2.jpg