1. Featured Thread

The Helmet of Salvation

Depressed? Hopeless? Filled with self-pity? Learn how to overcome these problems. Understand the mind is the battlefield for all spiritual warfare. Hear Derek explain the nature of “hope” and how an “optimistic attitude that always sees the best, will not give way to depression and doubt and self-pity.”

View This Bible Study

2. Featured Thread

Parables of Jesus

Jesus' parables are short stories that teach a moral or spiritual lesson by analogy or similarity. They are often stories based on the agricultural life that was intimately familiar to His original first century audience.

Some aspect of an unfamiliar concept, such as the kingdom of God, was compared to something from everyday life that could easily be understood.

View The Parables

3. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

Watch the Seed Grow: Sponsoring a Child

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by pixie, Nov 10, 2005.

Share This Page

Random Thread
  1. pixie

Expand Collapse

:rose: I am a fairly poor person by North American standards, however I had it in my heart to please Jesus and sponsor a child about four years ago. I joined Christian Children's fund and asked for my $32.00 per month to go to a child in the most need. When I got a picture of this little girl from South America, boy did she look hard and scowly, but I thought to myself, I asked God to serve a child in need. Four years later, I am astounded and proud of her beautiful smiles and her desires to be a teacher. Her family has a decent and large enough home now, as my money goes to the family also and the community too. She is so artistic, happy and brilliant with her expectations for a promising future that she WILL accomplish. Just my little bit of money and prayers did all that. You know how proud I am of her and myself, to watch that seed grow into a blossoming flower. If you begin to sponsor a child, don't give up on it. Keep paying and just watch your flower bloom. Never let them down by letting go of your sponsorship. The world can be a garden for us, one plant at a time. Try funding a child for Jesus, for yourself, that child and his/her community as a special Christmas gift to yourself. It will be one of the best presents you could ever give yourself. Take care and love the poor and needy. Believe me, given the opportunity they will increase your love so much. Amen :rose:

2. cherub

Expand Collapse

HI well sponsoring a child is something which I have been thinking of lately. I would so much love to help another human being and thankyou so much for your encouraging post which has finalised my decision.

God Bless