• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Walking in the Light (part five)

Loyal
Jesus referred to the Holy Spirit as living water that would flow forth from the inside a man (his heart) to the outside.

John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘OUT OF HIS HEART WILL FLOW RIVERS OF LIVING WATER.’”
John 7:39 Now THIS HE SAID ABOUT THE SPIRIT, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

John spoke about a river of life that flowed out from the throne of God.

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure RIVER OF WATER OF LIFE, CLEAR AS CRYSTAL, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

The word, “CLEAR” in this verse is the Greek word, “Lampros” which means to us in English, “Lamp”. A lamp is a light bulb that gives off “light

The ESV translation says it like this.

Rev 22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, BRIGHT AS CRYSTAL, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

The river of life that not only flows out of the man from his heart but also flows from the throne of God is a “RIVER OF LIGHT”!!! Since God is light, Jesus is light, and the Holy Spirit is a river of light, this is what gives man life.

John 1:1, In the beginning, was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 The same was at the beginning with God.
John 1:3 All things were made by him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
John 1:4 IN HIM WAS LIFE, AND THE LIFE WAS THE LIGHT OF MEN.

In the Word (Jesus Christ) was life, and that life was the “light” of men. Since God is light, and there is only one God then everything about God is light including his Word!!!

Psa 119:130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

Walking in the Spirit, and walking in the Light is synonymous with each other, or in other words, they are the same thing!

How can a man walk in the Spirit, which would be walking in the light? The Bible tells us who the people are who walk in the Spirit, and those who walk in the flesh.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, WALK IN THE SPIRIT, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh DO MIND the things of the flesh but THEY THAT ARE AFTER THE SPIRIT THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT.

Those who walk after the flesh have their mindset on the things of the flesh, and those who walk after the Spirit have their mindset on the things of the Spirit. If we are trusting in our own logical analytical mind to guide us then all we are doing is walking after our own flesh.

The carnal (fleshly) mind lives inside our brain in our head. The spiritual mind lives inside a man's heart (his spirit). The carnal mind, and spiritual mind are two separate things!

Rom 8:6 FOR TO BE CARNALLY MINDED IS DEATH, BUT TO BE SPIRITUALLY MINDED IS LIFE AND PEACE.

When we study scripture we find that it is with man's “HEART” (his spirit) that he “understands” spiritual things (Matt 13:15). With man,s fleshly carnal mind he understands logical analytical things of this world. It is with man's “HEART” that he “believes” spiritual things (Romans 10:10). It is with man's physical fleshly mind in his head he believes in things he can logically reason out in his head. It is with the “eyes” of man's “HEART” that he “sees” spiritual things (Eph 1:18 ESV). It is with man's physical eyes he can see things that are revealed by physical light. It is with man's “HEART” that man hears the voice of Jesus, and it is only with man's “HEART” that he can taste and see that the Lord is good!!! The Lord does NOT speak to man's head, he speaks to man's spirit ( his heart)

Pro 20:27 THE SPIRIT OF MAN IS THE CANDLE OF THE LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Psa 18:28 For THOU WILT LIGHT MY CANDLE: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.

The flesh profits nothing!!!! The fleshly mind must be renewed, but the spiritual mind, which is the mind of Christ that dwells in man's heart never needs to be renewed!!

A double-minded person is constantly bouncing between his physical mind in his head and the spiritual mind in his heart. The word “REPENT” means to “CHANGE YOUR MIND” Change from listening to the carnal analytical mind to letting the mind of Christ that is in his heart be in control of his decisions. Nowhere in the Bible does it tell us to trust in our own understanding.

Walking in the light, or Spirit comes by following the leading of the Holy Spirit as he enlightens the eyes of man's heart (spirit).