• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Race

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

My question is this - is it necessary to do any of this since Christ already secured the victory on Calvary?

My friend Christ has indeed paid for our sin and defeated death, hell and every other entity that could interfere with our coming to the Father.
To know that we still have battles however one must look no further than the mirror. We must constantly lay the old man down and die to self that we may be used for His glory.
To know that the earth and all living things are still under a curse we must only see that sin and death still run amok and like them we all groan waiting for the day of His coming.
To know that we will have opposition for the world the flesh and the devil we must simply step forward and spread the gospel.
The world hated Him first and His promise to us is that it would hate us also.
There are truly many battles to be fought. It is up to us to face them in His strength and walk each step in faith seeking His will above all.
As the Great Apostle put it (under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit)
Walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.
Take one step away from the absolute dependence on and total submission to the Holy Spirit and your flesh will be there to greet you.

Walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. Take one step away from the absolute dependence on and total submission to the Holy Spirit and your flesh will be there to greet you.

Thanks for the answer.

One question, when you say lusts of the flesh, are you referring to sex and women - or other lusts as well?

Reminder:

Romans 8:18 (NASB) For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

:shade: