• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

the church is under attack, singing banned yes here in USA

And after Trump signed an EO affirming the obvious, that religious worship was a necessary activity. Atheist Liberal dictator wannabe's will find any way available to them to stymie religious freedom. I'd hope every church in California ignore the order. I had heard that there were something like 3000 churches that said they were going to disobey the lock down order come Pentecost Sunday, and reopen as usual. I didn't hear if all 3000 did though.

Then again, it is Commufornia. Are we really surprised at this latest example of their secession from the free states of America? Who'd have thought the invisible enemy of freedom and liberty would be a flu virus?

Loyal
Who'd have thought the invisible enemy of freedom and liberty would be a flu virus

you know I agree with this statement 100%,,,,,,,,,,,,,but many will not see the wisdom in these words and think you are conspiracy nut. Only thing is since it true you can not be a conspiracy nut. :)

the spritual battle is getting darker every day, many see it but most dont even know it exist.

you know I agree with this statement 100%,,,,,,,,,,,,,but many will not see the wisdom in these words and think you are conspiracy nut. Only thing is since it true you can not be a conspiracy nut. :)

the spritual battle is getting darker every day, many see it but most dont even know it exist.
I think it is a fear paradigm in place that makes those who would otherwise see, blind.
This propaganda blueprint is likely older than you or myself. Just substitute the word, war, with Covid-19 pandemic lock down.
“Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or fascist dictorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peace makers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”
Hermann Goering

Loyal
And what if. The Day of the Lord is approaching. and The world has become so dark that many cannot see. I said just if. And how do We tell ,that the day is approaching?

The Day of the Lord
(Amos 5).
18Woe to you who long
for the day of the Lord!
Why do you long for the day of the Lord?
That day will be darkness, not light.
19It will be as though a man fled from a lion
only to meet a bear,
as though he entered his house
and rested his hand on the wall
only to have a snake bite him.
20Will not the day of the Lord be darkness, not light—
pitch-dark, without a ray of brightness?
21“I hate, I despise your religious festivals;
your assemblies are a stench to me.
22Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings,
I will not accept them.
Though you bring choice fellowship offerings,
I will have no regard for them.
23Away with the noise of your songs!
I will not listen to the music of your harps.

24But let justice roll on like a river,
righteousness like a never-failing stream!

What if! How shall we live, and what shall we be saying? "Should we be singing or Proclaiming" or do you think "he has delayed His coming"!

Active
I once thought to myself that a new plague going round is a sign of something..

How to put it? A 'falling away,' perhaps.. a falling away from the captivity of Righteousness into the captivity of lawlessness among many peoples.

How to put it? Hmm.. Wrath of God... I suppose that those which have received of the Holy Spirit in Christ Jesus are gifted likewise with an healing power (the Word of God) which heals others of SIN that leads to PLAGUES and death. Otherwise, why would our Lord and Savior have us preach his death to others if it were not so? He did not say, 'Ye are Saved, now go your way,' nay, he said to preach his death as oft as we partake of His body and His blood.

Active
And after Trump signed an EO affirming the obvious, that religious worship was a necessary activity. Atheist Liberal dictator wannabe's will find any way available to them to stymie religious freedom. I'd hope every church in California ignore the order. I had heard that there were something like 3000 churches that said they were going to disobey the lock down order come Pentecost Sunday, and reopen as usual. I didn't hear if all 3000 did though.

Then again, it is Commufornia. Are we really surprised at this latest example of their secession from the free states of America? Who'd have thought the invisible enemy of freedom and liberty would be a flu virus?

Really sorry Uber,

I can't say I'm fully behind your post. Jesus didn't advise or ask, He commanded us to love our brothers and sisters to the same depth that He loves us. John 13:34-35. I'm sure God doesn't want us to treat brothers and sisters as cannon fodder or collateral damage, just to praise Him. The boffins all over the world, not just the USA describe singing and shouting as presenting a real danger, so why would you want to risk ignoring that advice and putting brothers and sisters at risk? Particularly when you consider that churches in the west have higher levels of vulnerable people than their demographic. All just to praise God. When I say just to praise God, what I mean is, He doesn't want praise that disregards each other, that's really not what He wants. He wants us to love each other and that's not just lip service or box ticking, it's real love and care and concern for each other and each other's wellbeing.

I'm sorry but I don't buy the conspiracy theory that the boffins are all atheists wanting to stymie the praise of God. This weekend England's boozers are reopening as well as hairdressers but there are strict limits on background music levels because loud music results in raised voices in conversation. So it's not just about churches.

Hopefully churches that are opening up will do a proper risk assessment, identify potential hazards and steer around them. This could be playing a pre-recording of the hymns or the congregation chanting the words. God is praised and the vulnerable in the congregation aren't risked.

We love you God.

Loyal
We've got to balance our desire to worship God together with our responsibility to each other to prevent the spread of the disease. We're not always going to get It right.

There were well publicised cases early on of church leaders who died of coronavirus after urging their congregations to ignore safety guidelines. 'God is bigger than this disease'.

My own congregation in London has opted for a cautious approach. We will not meet in person until September. I'm finding that quite difficult, but on the other hand I don't know how comfortable I'd be worshipping in the knowledge that I could be putting others in danger.

Loyal
No singing, no way.

Where is the church?

We worship in 'Spirit' and 'Truth'

Can the devil stop us singing? No way!

Jesus put this song into our hearts...

Loyal
I once thought to myself that a new plague going round is a sign of something..

How to put it? A 'falling away,' perhaps.. a falling away from the captivity of Righteousness into the captivity of lawlessness among many peoples.

How to put it? Hmm.. Wrath of God... I suppose that those which have received of the Holy Spirit in Christ Jesus are gifted likewise with an healing power (the Word of God) which heals others of SIN that leads to PLAGUES and death. Otherwise, why would our Lord and Savior have us preach his death to others if it were not so? He did not say, 'Ye are Saved, now go your way,' nay, he said to preach his death as oft as we partake of His body and His blood.
Why, to saved them from the "Wrath to come" Jesus came to save us from The Wrath of God! The Father said: listen to Him. and the Full Wrath of God and The LAMB is not pour out until after the 1000 year reign. it is poured upon the whole universe saith "Holy Scripture". And when Jesus comes back He comes as Judge! obeying His Father!

Active
1 Timothy 2:2.
I often hear people complaining about their governments, berating their decisions and resenting their authority. I assume that, with that attitude, the last thing they would do is pray for them. However, that is what we are called to do. Without the prayers of the saints to beseech the Spirit to give Grace to those in power, the enemy will use that lull in battle to launch his attack. The saints should be girded in their armour, with sharpened swords, at their posts, ready for battle, instead they are in the canteen, having a tea break, berating their leaders, the very same leaders that God chose to put in power. The day will come when they are held to account.

Loyal
I think it is a fear paradigm in place that makes those who would otherwise see, blind.

I saw something the other day that struck my truth bones.

Do not teach that the lockdown was a mistake, it is impossible to do so on a grand scale. Instead only realize the truth, that the lockdown has turned fear into a virtue. Those who are afraid believe they are better people than those who arent, and will look for ways to multiply fear, because its their virtue.

Loyal
We've got to balance our desire to worship God together with our responsibility to each other to prevent the spread of the disease. We're not always going to get It right.

TO me this should be a personal decision and responsibility.

Loyal
TO me this should be a personal decision and responsibility.
It used to be that if I was sick, I simply would not go to church to avoid giving it to others. Thats what most people did, and if they felt they had to go, they would try to keep distance from others saying they are sick, and perhaps wear a mask. Now its we are irresponsible so we are not able to be adults and be responsible and EVERYONE must stay away from church, not sing, and only go out for the basic food items with a mask or we are killing others, even if we arent sick.

Loyal
It used to be that if I was sick, I simply would not go to church to avoid giving it to others. Thats what most people did, and if they felt they had to go, they would try to keep distance from others saying they are sick, and perhaps wear a mask. Now its we are irresponsible so we are not able to be adults and be responsible and EVERYONE must stay away from church, not sing, and only go out for the basic food items with a mask or we are killing others, even if we arent sick.
I do the same - stay away if I know I'm sick.

Problem is, we don't know for sure if we're infectious with the coronavirus or not. It normally takes four or five days after infection to start showing symptoms. In that time i might look and feel perfectly healthy, all the while transmitting a deadly disease.

Loyal
its not normal to live in such fear, we have had far worst viruses then this over the years and we did just fine.

this is spiritual warfare. Never been more important to be fasting praying and in the word every day so we can be close to God and know whats going on, if we are not intentional and chasing after God we will not be able to tell the signs of the end of the age.

Loyal
no argument here ok, who sent the plagues in the Old Testament? And who is going to send the plagues in the New Testament? I said: "WHO"

Loyal
I have to wonder... the "bad things" that happened in America.

When the 9-11 attacks happened. Americans were worshiping the financial institutions in the World Trade center. We put our faith and trust in the Pentagon and our military.
I remember for several months after this there were more "Trust in God" and "Jesus is Lord" signs all over town than I have ever seen in my life.

.. how quickly we forget.

Now we have been worshiping football teams, basketball players, and baseball records. We worship actors, actresses, and think we are "too big to fail".
Where are all those things now? Did God create this virus? I don't know. But I know He has been using it for His glory.

Gen 50:20; "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive.
Gen 50:21; "So therefore, do not be afraid; I will provide for you and your little ones." ...

There are no more little league games and soccer leagues on Sunday morning currently. No reason to miss church anymore.

But this time is different... instead of "Trust in God" and "Jesus is Lord"... we are silent, quiet, timid and even afraid to say God is in this. Did this catch God off guard? Is He surprised by this?
Do you believe He doesn't know your situation? Do you believe He doesn't have a plan? Maybe He's up in heaven shrugging His shoulders.. saying "I dunno what to do".
That isn't the God I know.

Loyal
Question; Why do Christian's think God would not need to shake the worldly church?

Sadly, it seems, some are happy for the church to be shaken by God, so long as it is not theirs!

We do not have a church, the only church is the ekklesia, born again from above believers, from all countries on earth.

When will the Christian's on earth stop looking at the church from the four walls they worship in, and see the church, the ekklesia, from the Throne on high, as our Lord sees it looking down on His True Church.

Lord your ekklesia is in pieces, forgive us our sins we pray, whether through our own fault or from taken what is taught to us as right and not coming to you and checking for ourselves, we must ensure, in all things, especially your church, your ekklesia, that we are right with you and our Father in heaven.

Lord their are so many errors in your church, we are truly sorry, Lord shake your church we pray, shake out all unGodliness, shake out all sinfulness, shake off all dust and cobwebs on your children, shake out everything not acceptable in your eyes. Bind your ekklesia together Lord, build up your Spiritual Stones you are a Master Craftsman Lord, you Lord are the corner stone of our faith, you Lord are the headstone bringing us to the Father through you, you Lord are the key stone, you are the Rock we stand on,

Bless your True Church Lord, your bride, reveal the Truth so your servants in Christ, empower your children to go forth in Your Holy Name, sharing the Gospel, baptising in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and preaching forgiveness of sin through you and your blood Lord.

Empower your children Lord with the Holy Spirit to speak courageously in Your Name and reveal any wrongs to those who think they are saved and are not, and to speak out in Love and reveal any wrongs in the Church today which are not in Your Word.

Lord we know time is short, we know you are coming soon, lay on your children's hearts all these things we pray. Take us and use us to the Father's Glory through you. In Jesus Mighty and Most Precious Name we pray. Amen