• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Support and encouragement during lockdowns or times of isolation

Hello, this has been an especially challenging and/or difficult time for so many people who post on or view this forum. Perhaps having a thread for ideas for support, or helpful activities even, during this time may be of some encouragement or comfort.

I'll start with an idea that comes to mind, which is listening to Christian radio.

There are many different stations and I just rediscovered Charles Stanley 24/7 Web Radio.

Loyal
For over 40 years of walking with GOD, There has never, i say never, enough time, in one day, to walk with Him, study with him and listen to HIm. I guess HE is like a drug addiction to me! I cannot get enough. There is not enough time in the dAY! I read "biblical words" about HIM and He never cease to amaze me! and His depth has no bottom, and He knows how far to take me and then HE spreads HIs wings and then HIs WORD gets wider and when HE blows HIS wind, then soars into the heights and then you find yourself speaking that Name, HE gave to us. How sweet is that name. Then everynow and then He stops time and pause. You never gets bored. I don't have to go anywhere! In my earlier years a few of my friends when we would start talking about GOD in the earlier evening, before the Sun goes down and before we knew it the SUN would start rising the next morning! LOL! Just standing outside on a summer night.
I still do read like that, Sometimes, whenever i read, I enter into the "SPIRIT of THE WORD" and I am gone and my "Spiritual Mind" leave this place, talking about peace and the WORD of GOD becomes Living! Regular books about the bible cannot do that for me. It has to be "The BIBLE" NIV early copyrights, KJV copyright 1967-1990 , RSV early copyrights, ASV early copyrights. I put on my headset and take flight! I hate vacations, they takes me away from His presence. and my mind is place on other things. And the LONG walks of my mind, He takes me on, and I never, has to ask questions, for my "being" just listen to HIS unspoken WORDS. I listen, words you cannot explain. I don't never have to go outside, if He keeps it like this. And when I do go out, I can talk, and I talk about GOD. I do not talk about a church, and preacher, a book, a pastor, or politcs, But I will talk about GOD! and How I got there. BUT You know.:eyes:
Through "The Son of The Living GOD' He said: "I AM the DOOR"! "The Door to the Father"!

I heard about Jesus, the son of Mary, Then i heard of Him to be my savior, Then I heard about Him to be The Son of GOD, Then I believe it to be true, Then it was verified by "The Holy Spirit" thorugh the New Birth, Then this "Paraclete" lead me to trust in the WORD of GOD' and The Word said: "Trust ME" He said: I AM your Shepherd follow me. [Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path.] For I Am The Door.

New American Standard 1977 (John 10:9).
“I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture".

John 14:6
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

New American Standard 1977
"Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him, and make Our abode with him."

"The Advocate" is the guide to get you there. it is a suffering walk but He comforts you and encourage you on the path: That is before the pagans labels us "christians" We where called "The People of The WAY' FOR JESUS: declared He was "THE WAY". ask yourself the WAY to what?

And Apostle PAul said: Follow me as I follow Christ.

Why are the people of God is so dull of hearing, The WAY is "Holiness" those with the "HOLY SPIRIT" can make it! "You can do all things in Christ Jesus who strengthens you"

Nominal Christians tells you , you can not make it. everybody is doing it. and you don't need it. "Sanctification and The WAY to Holiness" is the Will of GOD for you.

Your walk did not begin until you received The Holy Spirit. to walk alone beside you as You followed Jesus by keeping HIS WORD. and by keeping HIs WORD The Father will LOVE you. You cannot make the journey without the "HOLY SPIRIT"! and remember "come out from among them" "bad company will corrupt good morals" "and walk not in the counsel of the ungodly"! "and love not the world and the things that are in it" "whosoever loves this world, the love of the Father is not in them". You have to press on, there is more.:pensive:

(2 Tim. 2).
4No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer. 5Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor’s crown except by competing according to the rules. 6The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops. 7Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this.

8Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, 9for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained. 10Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.

(Philippians 3).
But this one thing I do: Forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14I keep pursuing the goal to win the prizep of God’s heavenly call in the Messiahq Jesus.

15Therefore, those of us who are maturer should think this way. And if you think differently about anything, God will show you how to think.s 16However, we should live up to what we have achieved so far.

17Join together in imitating me, brothers, and pay close attention to those who live by the example we have set for you.t 18For I have often told you, and now tell you even with tears, that many live as enemies of the cross of the Messiah.u 19Their destiny is destruction, their god is their belly, and their glory is in their shame. Their minds are set on worldly things.

"God has created these times for you, it is a gift from God"

Labor my brother and sisters in Christ to enter through that Door!

Let "The Holy Spirit" guide you and comfort you as you obey "The Word of GOD" and lean not upon your own understanding. But trust The WORD and not your imaginations. Trust it and not a man or women. But what did the WORD say! "Woman obey your Husband"

So, one of the things I listened to was part of Dr Stanley's 24 hour radio broadcast :

The enemy always says dont think about tomorrow, go with the moment...but then I heard the exhortation:-

THINK about the consequences and STOP what's wrong (and DO what you know to be right)!!

This has been causing me to think about how I could be spending my time more productively - does to speak to you too?

I made notes a few of which I've written ....

It's bad to sin.

"If you think you can get away with sin you're mocking God". (C. Stanley commenting on Galatians 6:1-10 )

It's good to listen carefully to the LORD and follow His instructions. I can find them in scriptures and it's important to read them with a good attitude and pray first.

The safest place to be in life is close to Jesus -in Gods will.

John 15:4

Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.

Matthew 18:20

"For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them." NLT

from Hebrews 10:23-24

23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds,....

Last edited:
Its challenging times due to scamdemic. I thought after the election was stolen we could go back to normal. The one idiot was caught in pandemic sneaking out for a booty call. Other mayor and speaker of the house were trashing businesses and ruining families while creeping out for a haircut. They are villains.

Hold deep in your faith. Busy yourself. Pray. Read wisdom. Proverbs. Palms. Meditate. Do exercise. Walk trails or walk the dog. Keep busy and make plans.

Active
Just a point to make, if your troubled being home alone and feel lonely, then you have a serious problem. Number 1, you have the holy spirit/Jesus with you. Number 2, you should have enough self value, self love and self respect to not need anyone else to make you feel better or wanted. I have many weeks here alone with no human interaction whatsoever except for supermarket employees etc when I went shopping. I delight with my own company and abhor crowds or gatherings of people.

Active
Just a point to make, if your troubled being home alone and feel lonely, then you have a serious problem. Number 1, you have the holy spirit/Jesus with you. Number 2, you should have enough self value, self love and self respect to not need anyone else to make you feel better or wanted. I have many weeks here alone with no human interaction whatsoever except for supermarket employees etc when I went shopping. I delight with my own company and abhor crowds or gatherings of people.

I understand that everyone has their own way of either being or not being involved with others in the way that they will,

but being alone is a problem, and feeling alone also is a problem, because all that we have and all that we need does come from others.