• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

suicide causing from evil people and spirits

My fiance's dad killed himself, and his brother, and their father, and so on before......... now I feel those beings that cause suicide are after not only my fiance but me as well............ God isn't responding very angry about it for 15 years........... this stuff is hard hitting us........ the spirit of suicide won't go away type of thing what can or do we do to destroy them or stop it from happening?

You get to the root of the problem.

Yes, you can pray for the spirit of suicide to go away, but you also have to figure out what is the source of the thoughts. Why did the people kill themselves?

It also sounds like a generational curse. Now, some people don't believe in those, but it can happen. You need to rebuke the devil and tell him to flee in Jesus' name. It doesn't matter how many times you have to tell him, just every time the thoughts come you do it.

And when you DO start thinking of suicide...you need to change your thoughts.

Start quoting scripture, sing worship songs. Get your mind off the thoughts of suicide and onto God.

The above post by Giggles4God is 100% solid counsel.

God visits [brings judgment] the iniquity [sins] of the God-hating fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. (Exodus 20:5, 34:7; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 5:9 KJV)

The above passage describes a biblical principle that is being exploited by those in service to satan. You've probably heard that in those families with a father who is a drunkard, the children are 20 times more likely to be drunkards, as well. It is a generational spirit, that is, a spirit of drunkenness which comes down through the family line because some family member in authority, at some time, "opened the door" to it and gave it the authority to do so.

now I feel those beings that cause suicide are after not only my fiance but me as well

Yes, indeed, those beings are after you.

The good news it that if you are a born again follower of Jesus Christ, and you lay claim to the authority that is yours through Christ, then the buck stops with you. The foul spirit can be stopped.

Further, you might like to know that the people who currently run this planet (albeit for a season) are multi-generational satanists precisely because they WANT those familial spirits to remain in their bloodline. Why? Because these devils promise them the power they covet. These families are who the Holy Bible says they are; they are the "rich men of the earth," the "merchants." They marry not for love but for genetics. These people are fundamentally involved in "genetic engineering," if you will, as they seek to maintain a genetic lineage that includes the presence of these powerful devils. It is their religion!

Last edited:
you guys are very wrong about someone being punished over their forefathers actions/sin. all this curse thing is non sense pagan stuff.

What God says in His word is:

(Deu 24:16) The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

ok. i see christian are stuck in these pagan curse things which God said wont be the case many times in bible.

also that open door stuff for bad spirit is another unbiblical thing. you cant find anything even near from bible to support such beliefs so hence they are man made up thinkings again.

there maybe evil spirit however attacking but bible doesnt teach any of this man made junk about evil spirit with open doors and generational curse but the very opposite is true.

that what jari said makes me feel better, because it was always about open doors of the enemy and things......

Active
What Jari said, plus, from experience, when the thoughts enter, take action and start walking or getting active and praying at the same time. Poof, feel better and its gone. Regular exercise strengthens the mind and prayer strengthens the spirit. Put on the full armor of God.

Other scripture to consider here:

The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him. - Ezekiel 18:20

Yet he did not put their sons to death, but acted in accordance with what is written in the Law, in the Book of Moses, where the LORD commanded: "Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sins."- 2 Chronicles 25:4

Last edited:
When the disciples came upon a lame man, they asked, "Lord, who sinned that this man should be born lame, his father or his mother?" Since the 'generational curse' understanding of Moses' declaration was the nominal Jewish perspective on the matter, I'm going to go ahead and accept that these things can happen. The good news is that Jesus came specifically to destroy the works of the evil one and to bring us abundant life.
Some people never encounter generational curses; awesome! Some people, though, are born into evil so thick and tangible that it manifests physically. At that point, denying what's before their eyes becomes a matter of delusion. Pointless theological debates at that point become a stalling tactic used by the devil to prevent a captive from being set free. Let's not let this thread be used like that.

Suicidal thoughts definitely come from somewhere.

It may be that some counseling is in order: think about it, a safe place with a trusted person where you can get all of this off your chest and receive personalized advice on a regular basis. The fact that you're mentioning your struggle on a message board at least indicates that counseling may be a good thing.

Another possibility is that if despondency runs in your family, there may be a clinical problem. I know that prescriptions are handed out like candy these days, but that misappropriation doesn't change the fact that some people have chemical imbalances. Taking a pill for actual, factual clinical depression is no different than taking a pill for hypothyroidism or prenatal vitamins. The fact is that our brains need certain levels of specific chemicals, and if we don't have them, then we're liable to do all sorts of crazy things because we'd essentially have the brain function of a drunk person. Don't be ashamed of at least checking to see if this isn't the case.

And, of course, the issue could very well be spiritual. Demons are the spiritual equivalent of parasites; they feed on misery, and they will do their darnedest to keep the misery river flowing. What most people attempt to do is simply starve them by positive thinking and avoidance, and there certainly is a need for closing open doors. But the most effective way to handle spiritual conflict that we see in Scripture is the one thing most people shrink from: direct confrontation.
Sometimes direct confrontation is a grand spectacle (like when I turned my back on my ancestral witchcraft), but other times it's nothing more than clinging to Jesus. When we start to think that OUR faith and OUR righteousness or any other of OUR attributes contribute to the victory, then the devil has already won. He's not looking for a kingdom--he's been defeated--he's looking for a hideout. He'll settle for a temporary shelter. Colossians 3:3 says that our lives are hidden with Christ in God--the mental picture that always gave me was Jesus holding me tightly inside a giant bubble that says GOD. It is in this way that the name of the LORD is a strong tower; those who are His righteousness run into His Name and are safe (incidentally, the teenagers I work with didn't understand the true significance of hiding in a strong tower, so since we live in Tornado Alley, USA, I told them instead of a strong tower, to think of the name of Jesus as a storm cellar--that got it for them!).
Reach out to Jesus, the image of the Living God, with every fiber of your being, and He will hold you in His grace and love.

No matter what the true source is or which avenue you pursue, if your family is struggling with suicide, they need help yesterday. The worst possible thing at this point is inaction.

I have heard of generational curses and I've seen the scripture, however, I don't know it off the top of my head. The thing is, I've always been taught that the sins of the Mother or Father do not follow the children. If I steal and lie, that is my sin. If I've murdered someone, that is on me. God doesn't look at my children and say, 'Look what your mother did, since she did it, you are just as bad.' We all are responsible for our OWN sin. In saying that, it kinda makes the generational curse not make sense. Wouldn't a generational curse mean that the child is carrying on the sin from the parent? I have to agree with Jari on all of this..

Just my two cents
Tina :butterfly:

you guys are very wrong about someone being punished over their forefathers actions/sin. all this curse thing is non sense pagan stuff.

What God says in His word is:

(Deu 24:16) The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

ok. i see christian are stuck in these pagan curse things which God said wont be the case many times in bible.

also that open door stuff for bad spirit is another unbiblical thing. you cant find anything even near from bible to support such beliefs so hence they are man made up thinkings again.

there maybe evil spirit however attacking but bible doesnt teach any of this man made junk about evil spirit with open doors and generational curse but the very opposite is true.

When the disciples came upon a lame man, they asked, "Lord, who sinned that this man should be born lame, his father or his mother?" Since the 'generational curse' understanding of Moses' declaration was the nominal Jewish perspective on the matter, I'm going to go ahead and accept that these things can happen.

you cant take what jews believe and make it equal to God's word (the bible). and in this case it seems you are making it over the bible.

(2Ti 4:3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
(2Ti 4:4) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

(Tit 1:14) Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

yeah it was jewish thinking and it was also contrary to the bible. i think you really should study the parts where it says father does cause sons to have sins etc. it seems very much against what jews thought and it was what God had already corrected them with. But apparently they stick to those beliefs.

Staff Member
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->
Some people never encounter generational curses; awesome! Some people, though, are born into evil so thick and tangible that it manifests physically. At that point, denying what's before their eyes becomes a matter of delusion. Pointless theological debates at that point become a stalling tactic used by the devil to prevent a captive from being set free. Let's not let this thread be used like that.
Great post after the generational part that is

If you were to remove that part, even though the thread deals with generational curses, what follows from your post would be most helpful. By even mentioning it, unless you place it in the vein of irrelevance regardless of the position. Then proceed with the rest, the individual might be able to receive the benefit of your words without having to choose which position is the more valid one.

Myself, after reading Ezekiel 18:20 and Jeremiah 31:29-32 and realizing that much that is identified as generational curses is only God's foreknowledge of future events. However, if generational curses were true, as a believer who is born again, my lineage now starts from that moment in time thereby negating any generational curse. Nothing can dirty up being washed by the Blood of the Lamb.

You are quite correct in stating that the devil utilizes any tactic available to keep the unbeliever in bondage. Even if it takes setting brothers against brothers in Christ Jesus in a theological exercise that provides another stumbling block to the unbeliever by diverting their attention to what is irrelevant to their current state of sin. To the unbeliever, generational curses and its effect in their lives is in truth nothing compared to not having Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior whose blood has cleansed us. Which should be our main focus with any person who is doubt.

Once again great post.
C4E

I edited this because I wanted to add these verses in prayer to the one who is troubled, be it from suicidal tendencies or anything else.

Romans 5:3-5 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Psalm 18:2-3 The LORD [is] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, [and] my high tower. [3] I will call upon the LORD, [who is worthy] to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

1 Peter 1:6-9 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: [7] That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: [8] Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see [him] not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: [9] Receiving the end of your faith, [even] the salvation of [your] souls.

Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart faileth: [but] God [is] the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep [you] from evil.

Nahum 1:7 The LORD [is] good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. [6] In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God [is] pure: he [is] a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Psalm 91:1-2 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. [2] I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Last edited:
............ God isn't responding very angry about it for 15 years...........

I don't wish to appear insensitive to your problem but I must say that God not responding as of yet doesn't mean there won't be a response. In my own life, I had a serious, though non-lethal, problem in my family that I began to cry out to Him about circa 1996. The answer/resolution did not begin to unfold until last October (2011) and it continues to unfold today. This process taught me the importance of patience and the importance of understanding Is 55:8-9.

SLE

I don't want to exacerbate the disagreement, because it's largely a pointless one. It just seems that some folks can't see the forest for the trees, so I'll do my best to simplify: Generational curses are not the sin, guilt, or blame being passed on, but the consequences. We see this with AIDS, drug addiction, psychosis, and other disorders; not all generational bondage is spiritual.

Staff Member
I don't want to exacerbate the disagreement, because it's largely a pointless one. It just seems that some folks can't see the forest for the trees, so I'll do my best to simplify: Generational curses are not the sin, guilt, or blame being passed on, but the consequences. We see this with AIDS, drug addiction, psychosis, and other disorders; not all generational bondage is spiritual.
You may not have wanted eacerbate the discussion yet oddly you have in this post.

So diseases then can fall under generational curses? Which would lead to others questions if there are exceptions.

From what I can gather from what you've said. Then being a believer or not is irrelevant to the generational curse, by example the sin of Adam can then be inferred as being one such example. Let me know if I have this wrong, since you've seemed to have coupled disorders with other illnesses', sickness', or ailments by utilizing Aids and don't want to misconstrue what you're trying to say.
C4E
Proverbs 27:17

i thought we were talking about the bible and not medical sciense.

you should be more precise on where your coming from, this is after all christian forum so assumption was this is spiritual. and what spiritual things inherit as generational curse? none. i think you just want to have your view instead of basing it in scripture, you certainly cannot base it in sciense and say suicide has something to do with spiritual generation curse. only physical "curses" are possible to inherit via the physical, the flesh, the dna.

Well, I did something with the name of the Holy Trinity, I said "My wicked enemy is on a tight rope that I cut in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost." started getting attacked this morning the following morning from when I did it, I shouldn't be so carnal with my weapons against evil but they make me angry because of their unworthy arrogance....... I wish I had weapons against the adversary that are so effective I would have made them flee by now lol :) Praise God that he has already delivered me from them though through faith in the blood of the lamb of God, Amen.

My fiance's dad killed himself, and his brother, and their father, and so on before......... now I feel those beings that cause suicide are after not only my fiance but me as well............ God isn't responding very angry about it for 15 years........... this stuff is hard hitting us........ the spirit of suicide won't go away type of thing what can or do we do to destroy them or stop it from happening?

Dear Friend in Jesus.

I reach out to you in the Lord as I write........I have ministered to many.....over many years. I ask you.....what have you been involved with (spiritually)? Such as you mention cannot cause harm.......unless access has been given.

Retrace your steps........Break the association.

Send me a p.m. I pray regularly with friends.....God be with you.....He will ......as you look unto Him.

I have been recently up to spiritual warfare foolishly starting it 5 years ago with someone and then someone else...... Someone told me to pray today out of the blue, please pray everyone that nothing has gone wrong with my to be wife and that she comes home soon..... I've been fighting the adversary sometimes in the past the wrong way, with a witchcraft (I quit doing it a while ago)....... Please pray for me.... and pray for my to be wife that we are set free the both of us from the adversaries and from all evil.... Amen

Green Berean said it best:

[Point #1:]
Generational curses are not the sin, guilt, or blame being passed on, but the consequences.

[Point #2:] And the ongoing presence of the respective devils themselves yet remains to be dealt with.