• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Stronger in My Pain

Active
This morning as I was studying scripture, I began to cry with an overwhelming sense of sadness and joy. At first, I couldn't understand these mixed feelings, but then the Lord opened my eyes to understanding. I began to tell the Lord how much I love Him. Matthew 22:37-Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Maybe that's the reason I'm always telling Him throughout the day how much I love Him, because He dwells within me. When I think about what He did for me at the cross, the pain and suffering He went through. John 3:16- God loved the world (you and me) so much that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. God became a man, came to earth to die for our sins, so that if we believe in His work at the cross, we will never perish. I was saved by grace through faith as a gift from Him. He died a cruel (physical) death so I could receive the wonderful gift of salvation. His physical body was the perfect sacrifice. His shed blood washed away all my sins and gives me eternal life. All I had to do was confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Savior of the world, believe He died on the cross for me and bore all my sins in is body, paying the price for them. All I had to do was believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and He is alive today. All I had to do was admit I was a sinner and I was sorry for my sins and ask God to forgive me. Then, by faith I received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I am saved because I believe! I did nothing in my physical body to earn eternal life. It is a gift from God!
Then I started looking at the life I have here on earth, and how I sometimes experience pain and suffering as a result of my faith. 1 Peter 4:19-Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator. Through all the pain though, there's also joy.I am growing stronger in my pain and bolder in my witnessing. My faith is increasing because the One Who saved me lives in me! Every day my spirit longs to be with Jesus in heaven. But as long as God keeps me here on earth in a physical body, as a human being; there will be times of pain and suffering as I follow His will. In the midst of the pain, joy will always remain!
Just as Jesus gave His life for me, I give my life to Him. Galatians 2:20-I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me. I will serve God wherever and however He calls me. I will honor Him through pain and with joy in my heart. I will stand firm in my faith until the end, until I draw my last breath. I will fight the good fight of faith! 1 Timothy 6:12-Fight the good fight of faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your confession in the presence of many witnesses.
Lord, I pray that the Holy Spirit will remind us often of the sacrifice You made for us; that we may live for You while we're here on earth, and join You in heaven when our home is ready. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Love in Christ, Jan :)

Active
This morning as I was studying scripture, I began to cry with an overwhelming sense of sadness and joy. At first, I couldn't understand these mixed feelings, but then the Lord opened my eyes to understanding. I began to tell the Lord how much I love Him. Matthew 22:37-Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Maybe that's the reason I'm always telling Him throughout the day how much I love Him, because He dwells within me. When I think about what He did for me at the cross, the pain and suffering He went through. John 3:16- God loved the world (you and me) so much that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. God became a man, came to earth to die for our sins, so that if we believe in His work at the cross, we will never perish. I was saved by grace through faith as a gift from Him. He died a cruel (physical) death so I could receive the wonderful gift of salvation. His physical body was the perfect sacrifice. His shed blood washed away all my sins and gives me eternal life. All I had to do was confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Savior of the world, believe He died on the cross for me and bore all my sins in is body, paying the price for them. All I had to do was believe in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and He is alive today. All I had to do was admit I was a sinner and I was sorry for my sins and ask God to forgive me. Then, by faith I received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I am saved because I believe! I did nothing in my physical body to earn eternal life. It is a gift from God!

Then I started looking at the life I have here on earth, and how I sometimes experience pain and suffering as a result of my faith. 1 Peter 4:19-Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator. Through all the pain though, there's also joy.I am growing stronger in my pain and bolder in my witnessing. My faith is increasing because the One Who saved me lives in me! Every day my spirit longs to be with Jesus in heaven. But as long as God keeps me here on earth in a physical body, as a human being; there will be times of pain and suffering as I follow His will. In the midst of the pain, joy will always remain!

Just as Jesus gave His life for me, I give my life to Him. Galatians 2:20-I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me. I will serve God wherever and however He calls me. I will honor Him through pain and with joy in my heart. I will stand firm in my faith until the end, until I draw my last breath. I will fight the good fight of faith! 1 Timothy 6:12-Fight the good fight of faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your confession in the presence of many witnesses.
Lord, I pray that the Holy Spirit will remind us often of the sacrifice You made for us; that we may live for You while we're here on earth, and join You in heaven when our home is ready. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Love in Christ, Jan :smile: