• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Semantics: Where is Jesus right now?

Loyal
On one hand we have a few verses similar to....

Rom 8:10; If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.

2Cor 13:5 Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?

These verses are sometimes taken as Jesus is literally dwelling inside you.

On the other hand we have quite a few verses similar to...

John 16:7; "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

Seemingly Jesus told people, He was going away.

Acts 1:11; They also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven."

In fact in seems He did go away, and will eventually return.

John 14:3; "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.

Most of Christianity has this concept of a "second coming" where Jesus is going to return.
Obviously He wouldn't need to return, if He was still here.

There are some verses that have to be taken in context.

Col 1:27; to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

This verse doesn't say Jesus in currently dwelling in you, but rather the hope (of glory) is that He eventually will.

.. to be continued ...

Loyal
John 14:3; "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.

I take this to mean he is in heaven and when we die he will come and bring you to heaven.............

Now I here many pre-trib people saying this is referring to the rapture, ...I personally dont see that

Loyal
I take this to mean he is in heaven and when we die he will come and bring you to heaven.............

That could possibly be the case, but even if it is. It hasn't happened to us who are still 'physically' alive in the flesh.

Loyal
4.and you know the way wear I am going, (so can anyone say he is going anywhear else other then heaven???)

this is the very next verse, if he is going to heaven as I believe, we also know the way, to follow him, and his word. Only through Jesus do we go to heaven. That to me is the way, he speaks about.

TO me Jesus in his glorified body is in heaven, his holly spirit is what dwells with in us, thus more proof for the trinity as God is everywhere

Active
On one hand we have a few verses similar to....

Rom 8:10; If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.

2Cor 13:5 Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?

These verses are sometimes taken as Jesus is literally dwelling inside you.

On the other hand we have quite a few verses similar to...

John 16:7; "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

Seemingly Jesus told people, He was going away.

Acts 1:11; They also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven."

In fact in seems He did go away, and will eventually return.

Most of Christianity has this concept of a "second coming" where Jesus is going to return.
Obviously He wouldn't need to return, if He was still here.

There are some verses that have to be taken in context.

Col 1:27; to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

This verse doesn't say Jesus in currently dwelling in you, but rather the hope (of glory) is that He eventually will.

.. to be continued ...
Hi B-A-C
John 14:19-21 "Before long, the world will not see me any more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realise that I am in the Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." Then Judas, (not Judas Iscariot) said. " But Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?" Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
Bless you.

Loyal
"If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching

obeying is something we rarely here today on the pulpit, most everything is grace grace,,,, I say true grace produces obedience..

I agree with this, but the other thing we rarely hear today from the pulpit is... about us loving God.
Every week we hear God loves, you, Jesus loves you,.. every song on the radio is about how much God loves us..
and while these things are true... there is no emphasis on us loving God.

Oh, I love Jesus... no one need to tell me to love Jesus... I just do". Really?

"If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching

Active
4.and you know the way wear I am going, (so can anyone say he is going anywhear else other then heaven???)

this is the very next verse, if he is going to heaven as I believe, we also know the way, to follow him, and his word. Only through Jesus do we go to heaven. That to me is the way, he speaks about.

TO me Jesus in his glorified body is in heaven, his holly spirit is what dwells with in us, thus more proof for the trinity as God is everywhere
Hi Dave
obeying is something we rarely here today on the pulpit, most everything is grace grace,,,, I sa
obeying is something we rarely here today on the pulpit, most everything is grace grace,,,, I say true grace produces obedience..
Hi Dave, My heart desires to obey, but without Grace I can't, Like our apostle Paul, every time I want to do a good thing I do a bad thing, who will rescue me from this body of death, thanks be to God, through Jesus Christ our Lord. He gives the Grace and with that Grace we can obey, and when we do we praise his Holy Name for the Grace to do it. So as you say, Grace and obedience go hand in glove. Grace produces obedience. Bless you Bro.

It says in John that "My father and I will make our abode in you." Tells me when we accept Christ we of course get the entire Godhead since they cannot be separated BUT also they are everywhere present since they are God.

Loyal
get the entire Godhead since they cannot be separated

Why do you believe this? Where is the scripture for this?
Jesus said it was it was to our advantage that He went away (back to heaven) so that the helper (Holy Spirit) could come.

Jesus said it was it was to our advantage that He went away (back to heaven) so that the helper (Holy Spirit) could come.
Please read Matthew 3:16 Jesus baptism.
[/QUOT
John 14:15

14 Verses 15 to 15. [15] If ye love me, keep my commandments. ... [23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
John 14:23 plain as day

Loyal

This just proves they are separate entities. The (Father's) voice was heard from heaven. (verse 17) The (Holy Spirit) Dove was flying down and physically alighted upon Jesus.
After this moment, the voice stopped, the Dove flew away, and Jesus continued in His ministry. The Dove didn't stay on Jesus's shoulder the whole time He was on the Earth.
(I can't help but picture a Pirate with a Parrot on his shoulder).

Loyal
we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

"we" and "our" are plural words. They are separate beings. Two people can live in the same house. That doesn't mean that they aren't separate or can't be separated.

This just proves they are separate entities. The (Father's) voice was heard from heaven. (verse 17) The (Holy Spirit) Dove was flying down and physically alighted upon Jesus.
After this moment, the voice stopped, the Dove flew away, and Jesus continued in His ministry. The Dove didn't stay on Jesus's shoulder the whole time He was on the Earth.
(I can't help but picture a Pirate with a Parrot on his shoulder).
13. 2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

14. Galatians 4:6
Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”
1 John 4:13

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.13We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

"we" and "our" are plural words. They are separate beings. Two people can live in the same house. That doesn't mean that they aren't separate or can't be separated.
Well I believe it you believe what you want fine with me peace out

Loyal
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
One of my favorites ty