• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Scared, Confused and angry

I'm new to this ... and have no clue how to use this but here goes,
I'm 21 yes old and can not understand why I can't feel connected to God. I want to love him, I want his praise on my lips, and I really do want a true relationship with him. But it's very difficult because on the other end, I want to go out, hang with friends , date etc. But I feel like I'm on a marry go round.. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME

Loyal
There are many attractions in this world that plays on our emotions enticing us to come join in the fun. There is some joy in joining in, but it leads to sadness, emptiness in our lives, and eventually a searching for something more meaningful to our lives. The Lord says to you, join with me, it will be hard to begin with, separating yourself from the desires of the world, but it gets easier with time, and He gives you that purposeful meaning to your life, that you will eventually begin seeking anyways. And by seeking Him more early in your life, the Lord can mold you more easily into the GREAT work He has for you. If you wait too long, it will be much much harder to separate yourself from the worldly desires, like a junkie hooked on drugs. Worldly desires are like that drug that gives you a good short term feeling but leaves you wiped out and craving for more while it eats away at your body, mind, and finances, and hurting all around you in addition.

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi @Briziboo_1002

The way you feel is normal. Walking with Christ in Spirit and not flesh is not a natural thing for us. However, we pray for Him to purify us, transform our minds (by reading the Bible especially).

Galatians 5:16
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

Hope this article helps too

What does it mean to walk in the Spirit?

Answer:
Believers have the Spirit of Christ, the hope of glory within them (Colossians 1:27). Those who walk in the Spirit will show forth daily, moment-by-moment holiness. This is brought about by consciously choosing by faith to rely on the Holy Spirit to guide in thought, word, and deed (Romans 6:11-14). Failure to rely on the Holy Spirit's guidance will result in a believer not living up to the calling and standing that salvation provides (John 3:3; Ephesians 4:1; Philippians 1:27). We can know that we are walking in the Spirit if our lives are showing forth the fruit of the Spirit which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22,23). Being filled (walking) with the Spirit is the same as allowing the word of Christ (the Bible) to richly dwell in us (Colossians 3:16).

The result is thankfulness, singing, and joy (Ephesians 5:18-20; Colossians 3:16). Children of God will be led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14). When Christians choose not to walk in the Spirit, thereby sinning and grieving Him, provision has been made for restoration through confession of the wrongdoing (Ephesians 4:30; 1 John 1:9). To “walk in the Spirit” is to follow the Spirit’s leading. It is essentially to “walk with” the Spirit, allowing Him to guide your steps and conform your mind. To summarize, just as we have received Christ by faith, by faith He asks us to walk in Him, until we are taken to heaven and will hear from the Master, "Well done!" (Colossians 2:5; Matthew 25:23).

What does it mean to walk in the Spirit?

Also , why is it that so many ppl follow Christ and claim to love him but they're still alone, doesn't say that it is not good for man to be alone... than any are they????

OP: "I'm new to this ... and have no clue how to use this but here goes,
I'm 21 yes old and can not understand why I can't feel connected to God. I want to love him, I want his praise on my lips, and I really do want a true relationship with him. But it's very difficult because on the other end, I want to go out, hang with friends , date etc. But I feel like I'm on a marry go round.. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME"

Relationships take time, and we actually hinder our relationship with God when we won't let go of worldly things. Can't have both. It is kinda like being married in the sense that there are restrictions placed on you because of the law/agreement involved in your marriage. You can hang out with friends and even date, you just have to watch the temptation and sinning that comes with it sometimes. If the people you date or the friends you hang out with choose to do things that you know will separate you from God you will have to make the choice to let it happen or not. I have found that the closer I stay to God, through keeping Him on my mind in prayer and reading the Bible, the less I think about worldly things. It's like they cannot coexist together.

I would like to add that I do not believe a person can keep sin out of their lives by themselves, you must rely on God when temptation comes your way or you'll end up right back in your life of sin where you started. It is impossible for the flesh to be obedient to God and that is why we must walk in the Spirit, staying close to God and keeping Him on our minds at all costs. Things that are impossible for the flesh are possible in the Spirit, but you must continue to choose to walk in the Spirit every day. Like someone else in the thread has already said, it does seem to get easier after a while.

"Also , why is it that so many ppl follow Christ and claim to love him but they're still alone, doesn't say that it is not good for man to be alone... than any are they????"

God decided that it wasn't good for Adam to be alone and created Eve, but Paul tells us in I Corinthians 7 that if a person has the right amount of self control that it is better to be alone because having a spouse gives Satan another way into your life through another person that you are now bound to. I'm sure that having a spouse has its advantages too, because there are two of you, but when two married people don't act as a team they can pretty easily become a burden to one another in Christ as well as this life. Make sense? So, there is no "rule" saying that people are supposed to be married.

Hope I was able to help you, at least, a little. Peace be unto you.

Active

RJ

I'm new to this ... and have no clue how to use this but here goes,
I'm 21 yes old and can not understand why I can't feel connected to God. I want to love him, I want his praise on my lips, and I really do want a true relationship with him. But it's very difficult because on the other end, I want to go out, hang with friends , date etc. But I feel like I'm on a marry go round.. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME
  • Read the Bible and learn more about Jesus Christ....like, what is the difference between Jesus and Jesus Christ.
  • When ready, tell God that you believe in Jesus Christ and you want his free gift of grace and faith.
  • Understand this is how you get connected to God, learn to love him and have that relationship with him that you want!
  • The Bible teaches that you love God because he loved you first. When you truly learn this, among other things, your own your way!
  • T.J. is a great place to get help and have questions answered. SO, start reading the bible and fire away!
  • Know this above all else, you are here for a reason and God wants to give you that gift!

Staff Member
My people shall be satisfied with My goodness saith the Lord
Jeremiah 31:14

Greetings Briziboo_1002

Being alone is something most of us experience at some point in our lives
And although it may seem difficult to endure it is a time to draw on the Lord's strength, to really lean upon Him and allow Him to be the All in all of our life
All that the world offers is false, candy coated and fleeting
What the Lord offers is for eternity.

May this sermon by Tozer be an encouragement to you

The Saint Must Walk Alone - By A.W. Tozer

Most of the World s GREAT SOULS have been lonely. Loneliness seems to be one price the saint must pay for his saintliness.

Enoch, Noah, Abraham and Moses all walked a path quite apart from their contemporaries even though many people surrounded them.

The prophets of pre-Christian times differed widely from each other, but one mark they bore in common was their enforced loneliness.

Jesus died alone in the darkness hidden from the sight of mortal man and no one saw Him when He arose triumphant and walked out of the tomb, even though many saw Him afterward and bore witness to what they saw.

The cheerful denial of loneliness proves only that the speaker has never walked with God without the support and encouragement afforded him by society. The sense of companionship that mistakenly attributes to the presence of Christ may and probably does arise from the presence of friendly people. Always remember: you cannot carry a cross in company. Though a vast crowd surrounds a man, his cross is his alone and his carrying of it marks him as a man apart. Society has turned against him; otherwise he would have no cross. No one is a friend to the man with a cross. They all forsook Him and fled.

The loneliness of the Christian results from his walk with God in an ungodly world, a walk that must often take him away from the fellowship of good Christians as well as from the unregenerate world. His God-given instincts cry out for companionship with others who can understand his longings, his aspirations, and his absorption in his love for Christ; and because within his circle of friends there are so few who share his inner experiences he is forced to walk alone.

The man who has passed on into the divine Presence in actual inner experience will not find many who understand him. A certain amount of social fellowship will of course be his as he mingles with religious persons in regular activities of the church, but true spiritual fellowship will be hard to find.

The truly spiritual man is indeed something of an oddity. He lives not for himself but to promote the interests of Another. He seeks to persuade people to give all to his Lord and asks no portion or share for himself. He delights not to be honored but to see his Saviour glorified in the eyes of men. His joy is to see Jesus promoted and himself neglected. He finds few who care to talk about that which is the supreme object of his interest, so he is often silent and preoccupied in the midst of noisy religious shoptalk. For this he earns the reputation of being dull and over-serious, so he is avoided and the gulf between him and society widens. He searches for friends upon whose garments he can detect the smell of myrrh and aloes and cassia out of the ivory palaces, and finding few or none he, like Mary of old, keeps these things in his heart.

It is this very loneliness that throws him back upon God. His inability to find human companionship drives him to seek in God what he can find nowhere else. He learns in inner solitude what he could not have learned in the crowd-that Christ is All in All.

Two things remain to be said about the man that is in this state of loneliness. First, he is not a haughty man, he is not holier-than-thou, and he is not an austere saint. He is likely to feel that he is the least of all men and is sure to blame himself for his loneliness. He wants to share his feelings with others and to open his heart to some like-minded soul who will understand him, but the spiritual climate around him does not encourage it, so he remains silent and tells his grief to God alone.

The second thing is that the lonely saint is not the withdrawn man who hardens himself against human suffering and spends his days contemplating the heavens. The opposite is true. His loneliness makes him sympathetic to the approach of the brokenhearted and the fallen and the sin-bruised. Because he is detached from the world he is all the more able to help it.

The weakness of so many modern Christians is that they feel too much at home in the world. In their effort to achieve restful adjustment to an unregenerate society they have lost their pilgrim character and become an essential part of the very moral order against which they are sent to protest. The world recognizes them (modern Christians) and accepts them for what they are. This is the saddest thing that can be said about them. They are not lonely, but neither are they saints.

A.W. Tozer

Active
Good afternoon Briziboo;

You're perfectly normal to want to hang with friends as the people here are no different and much older in some cases although they're all young at heart. Their friends and friendships might be different, but they are no different in wanting friendships. Where such a situation will cause spiritual problems is dependent on which type of personality you prefer, activities, and if you prefer them to spending time alone with God or with others who seek God.

I'm not sure what you mean by alone as there is a difference between being alone and being lonely. it's true that Adam expressed his displeasure at not having a mate like all the other animals. At some point,he realized that he was not only alone (being the only one of his species) but over time he became lonely for comparable companionship.

If you willing make time for God, He will ensure that you will have time for friendships as we are social creatures and were created that way. Have you ever read the poem, "Footprints In The Sand"?
Cheers, John

Staff Member
Greetings

@Briziboo_1002

How are you?
I was wondering how you are doing and if the advice given here in response to your question helped? Please write and tell us how everything is for you now.

Bless you ....><>