• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Renewed Passion

Staff Member
Open to me the gates of righteousness, that I may enter through them and give thanks to the LORD. Psalm 118:19 ESV

Part of today’s Bible reading comes from 2 Chronicles 34, which goes into detail about Hilkiah, the priest, who found the lost Book of the Law. He passed it along to the king’s secretary, who read it to the king, which caused much grief. King Josiah tore his clothes over the realization at how far his country had strayed from God. Grief then led to great reforms.

In Psalm 118:18, the psalmist said he had been disciplined severely by the Lord. Like Josiah, he took action immediately after encountering the Lord’s rebuke. The change was so complete that the psalmist couldn’t wait to enter the temple and thank the Lord.

Does either of these scenarios resemble your immediate response after the Lord has spoken to you? Do you long to worship Him, recognizing that His mercy is greater than your sin? If not, then your view of God’s mercy is too small. Jesus paid it all for your sins so you could be free to worship and obey the Lord, free from guilt and shame.

If sin is currently weighing you down, repent and worship the God who loves you intimately.

Prayer: Lord, make me a Josiah in my family and in my workplace. Give me a renewed passion for Your Word and for worship. And may it lead to great reforms.

Active
Jesus paid it all for your sins so you could be free to worship and obey the Lord, free from guilt and shame.

If sin is currently weighing you down, repent and worship the God who loves you intimately.

Prayer: Lord, make me a Josiah in my family and in my workplace. Give me a renewed passion for Your Word and for worship. And may it lead to great reforms.

Amen. God bless.

I'm free from condemnation, free from guilt and shame. I am living in HIS presence. I'm free in Jesus' name.