• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Receive Your Healing

There's some things about healing that people need to understand to put them on a firm foundation to receive their healing. Sometimes people think they are waiting on God to heal them, but that's not how God sees it. In Isaiah 53:4-5 it reads, Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. This is not just some feel good scripture to make you feel good, no I like how it starts out with the word surely. So, this is something definite that he bore our griefs (sicknesses and diseases) and carried our sorrows (pains and afflictions). In the 10th verse of that same chapter it reads, And Jehovah hath delighted to bruise him, He hath made him sick (YLT). When was Jesus sick, when God took all the punishment for sin and put them on Jesus and he took our punishment. He was a sacrifice for us in our place, he had no sin so he took ours upon himself (1Peter 2:24). 1Peter 2:24 reads, Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. Notice, that same word ours as in Isaiah 53:4 it's telling us Jesus took our sins upon himself to take our punishment which included sickness. Because, sickness came upon mankind because of Adam's sin.

So, sin and sickness are connected that's why forgiveness and healing goes together- Psalm 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases. James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Mark 2:10-12 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,) 11 I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house. 12 And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all. Notice, how forgiveness and healing are connected they go together like sin and sickness are connected. So, when he bore our sins he also bore our sicknesses and diseases. Let me show you an example The Holy Spirit showed me- it's just like a flame and heat, if you hold a flame under your hand what will come from that flame? heat. We all know that a flame and heat goes together and if you take the flame away will the heat stay? no. Because, the flame is the source and the heat is the effect, wherever the source goes the effect will follow. So wherever sin goes(the source) sickness(the effect) will follow. So, please understand that the taking away of sin and sickness has already happened in the realm of the spirit 1Peter 2:24 that's what he is saying. Now, what has been done in the spirit realm has to be received into the physical realm by faith.

Just like for example Abraham, when his name was Abram God came to him and told him that He had made him a father of many nations Gen. 17:4,5. That was what God had done in the spirit realm, because physically his body was dead Rom. 4:19. So, what God did in the spiritual realm had no effect on him physically because he had to receive that physically. Now, he couldn't sit around and wait for God to do it physically because what God does has to be received. If you wait to see it before you believe it them you may never see it manifested. So, do not think you are waiting on God to heal you because He already sees you as healed. That's why Isaiah 53:5 says, But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. People think they are waiting on God to heal them and the price has been paid for you not to wait on God to heal you, because the provision has already been made. Jesus spoke in parables to show spiritual truths by understanding things in the natural. An example The Holy Spirit showed me is it's just like when a person is hungry, you go to a restaurant and sit down and wait for the waiter to take your order, they take your order and take it to the kitchen where they prepare it for you and you wait for it to be made and then your waiter gets the food and brings it to you. Then you eat the food they prepared for you and after you have eaten you pay for it. That's how some people think it is with God they think they make their request then wait for God to do it for them, because they have something going on in their body.

But, there are restaurants where you pay first then eat and in that instance you don't sit down and wait for them to serve you, because a price was paid for you not to wait. Your provision is already made, it's already there and you are responsible for receiving the provision that has been made. They are not going to serve you and if you sit there and wait to be served then you will most likely go without. And people don't understand that Jesus paid a price with his blood for you to not wait. That's why Isaiah 53:5 says, But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. When people realize the provision of healing is already made they will stop waiting on him to do what He has already provided. Notice, when the price is paid first once payment is made they have no right to withhold it from you. Notice, in Isaiah 53:10 it says, And Jehovah hath delighted to bruise him, He hath made him sick (YLT). That shows you God's will. It pleased God to put our sicknesses and diseases on Jesus and Jesus was willing to bare them. God views healing differently than a lot of people, people only view healing as after all the symptoms have cleared up and are gone then they say they are healed. But, God calls him taking our sicknesses and diseases and putting them on Jesus as healing.

Don't think that just because it's spiritual it's not real or less real than the physical. You are spirit and spirit you is just as real as flesh you, if not more real. Because, spirit you will live forever and flesh you will not. Spirit you can live without your flesh, but flesh you can't live without spirit you. So, which one is more real. The provision of healing has already been made, but people don't believe it when they have a condition in their body. Someone might ask, If I'm healed how come I have this condition. The provision has been made, but just the provision being made doesn't stop your condition. In Genesis 17:4,5 God making Abraham a father of many nations didn't stop him from having a dead body as it says in Romans 4:19. Notice, the provision didn't stop his condition. The provision doesn't stop your condition until you receive it manifested. Notice, in Romans 4:19 it says that his wife was barren, unable to have a child, and yet for him to be a father of many nations it would have to be through her because that's what God promised him. So, what God did for them had no effect physically until they received it by faith. Notice, in Hebrews 11:11 it says, Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised. It's just like food is the cure for hunger, but when you get up in the morning you can have a refrigerator full of food, but just having it doesn't stop you from being hungry. It's when you receive it into you that it takes away your hunger. The main point is the things of God has to be received by you and not performed by God, he's done his part. That's why He put it in past tense, by whose stripes you were healed 1 Peter 2:24. He couldn't say you were if He still needed to do something for you to be.

It is not God's will that any should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name (John 1:12). 1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.