• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Ready, Willing, and Able

Staff Member
Then He said to them, "Therefore every scribe instructed concerning the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasure [things] new and old." Matthew 13:52

God does things in unexpected ways, at unexpected times, and through unexpected people. He tends to turn conventions upside down, doing things in what seems to us like the most difficult and convoluted ways. God uses the least likely people to do the least likely things, all so He gets His rightful glory even as He blesses His people.

You won't always know how god is going to work, but you know the ultimate result: "The Lord gives victory to his anointed….Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God" (Psalm 20:6-7).

The key to working with an unpredictable but always victorious God (instead of against Him) is to make yourself available. Then, as Matthew 13:52 suggests, you have to stock your shelves with the right supplies, and the Bible is your chief supplier. It's so important to be filled with His Word daily, so you'll be topped up and available for His purposes at any given time.

Prayer: Father, teach me more about You and Your ways through Your Word, so that I can know You more and be useful to You in any situation You put me in.