• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Overcoming temptation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyal
With your past, if your boyfriend left you, and tried to take custody of your daughter away from you, he would probably succeed. The court would rule in his favor most likely. But thats an if. If he requests primary custody. But this breakup will probably hurt you bad and it will be very hard for some time, but sister.... you cant be a good and godly mother that provides the spiritual needs of your child if you compromise in being unequally yoked. It will tell her its okay to compromise in many areas of life. As long as your boyfriend will treat your daughter.... and his daughter with love, you can know that as long as you do everything possible to be with her, she will always know you love her, and you can eventually be reunited with both God and your daughter, and perhaps even your boyfriend, perhaps he will see your faith as more than tradition for what you go through for your faith, and he will see that you love your daughter as well, he could have a spiritual awakening due to your witness. It could take time, but all these problems can be overcome with God's strength if you daily ask Him for it.

Loyal
Greetings again @KittyLinda

Im sorry to say this but you are making excuses.

By continuing in sin you are not helping your boyfriend.

You are not the only one who can lead him to Jesus.

Dont strive against the Lord and what He is convicting you of......I did that for 9 years and it nearly cost me my life. He whispered to me in love in so many ways, so many signs calling me back to Him but I just ignored those pleas.

Step out for the Lord.
Put Him first
Then you will see everything fall into perfect place.
You will be blessed.

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
1 John 2:15-17
Now you see why, I was trying to warn her, you know The Father, "Mrs. Grace"! Many do not know Him in this "capacity". When He starts to "scorching" His Child. He makes the devil look like a "Choir Boy"! And there is no one, who can Help or "Save" you from that "whipping", Not even Jesus! You can tell, some of these Christians might know Jesus and saved and full the "Holy Ghost"! But when that Father! Has warn you and warn you and warn you! He is going to speak to you in a language you understand and it will not be in "Tongues". And Jesus and The Holy Ghost! They are getting out of the Way, You can quote all of The Scriptures you want! He is going to show you, I did say "You". What Divine LOVE is. And when He gets through you will be "Holy"! "Fragrant Grace" we tried to warn her. And Jesus has too! I going to make this clear and say no more. That is not a mental illness, That might be "The Hand of God"!

Now here is a "Biblical Motif"
(Daniel 4).
24“This is the interpretation, Your Majesty, and this is the decree the Most High has issued against my lord the king: 25You will be driven away from people and will live with the wild animals; you will eat grass like the ox and be drenched with the dew of heaven. Seven times will pass by for you until you acknowledge that the Most High is sovereign over all kingdoms on earth and gives them to anyone he wishes. 26The command to leave the stump of the tree with its roots means that your kingdom will be restored to you when you acknowledge that Heaven rules. 27Therefore, Your Majesty, be pleased to accept my advice: Renounce your sins by doing what is right, and your wickedness by being kind to the oppressed. It may be that then your prosperity will continue.”

Active
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices – mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the lawjustice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.” (Matthew 23:23 NIV)

The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?” — Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. (Mark 2:23-24, 27 NIV)

For the life of every creature is its blood: its blood is its life. Therefore, I have said to the people of Israel, You shall not eat the blood of any creature, for the life of every creature is its blood. Whoever eats it shall be cut off. (Leviticus 17:14 ESV) “Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” (John 6:54 NIV)

And there came unto him Pharisees, trying him, and saying, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? 4 And he answered and said, Have ye not read, that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh? 6 So that they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. 7 They say unto him, Why then did Moses command to give a bill of divorcement, and to put her away? 8 He saith unto them, Moses for your hardness of heart suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it hath not been so. 9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and he that marrieth her when she is put away committeth adultery. (Matthew 19:3-9)

God asks me to abstain from the sex before marriage and the word of God asks me to protect myself against temptation. But he does not tell me to do things I can’t bear. Just because you have a bible does not mean you keep adding to it. Do not add to His words, Or He will reprove you, and you will be found a liar. (Proverbs 30:6)

Jesus broke the rules. Not Just that. He is also having fun doing it. To HIM, people mattered more than HIS rules. To him my daughter matters more than every rule in this bible. I praise the lord. My sins (past, present, and future) are covered by HIM.

Peter denied Jesus three times and God saved him anyway. if you don't have enough self-control, then go ahead and get married. After all, it is better to marry than to burn with desire.

God bless you.

Active
Now regarding your Boy friend, you have feelings for him, you are the mother of his child, he has said some things which appear caring, but also he has said bitter things against your faith. If he is bitter about your faith now do you honestly think that will change?

I do not have feelings for him. I love him enough to be with him. The things he said do not just "appear" caring. He does care. He is a good man. I do not know if he is bitter about my faith. I do not see it that way. Might change, might not. I do not know the future. I can only pray for him. We are responsible for ourselves. If he does not convert, then I will not carry his sins with me. He will answer for it, not me.

When the winds of life blow hard, can you walk, when the tides rage can you swim against them, will you drown, will you be saved from drowning, will you be overcome by powers greater than you that will continue to drag you down and deeper, or will you give in to God and let him calm the storms and waves, who has more chance of succeeding against the forces you or God? You know the answer Kitty don't you.

It is not going to be easy, but . . .

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4)

To marry a none believer is putting yourself in the lions cage with the lions. The devil is always prowling like a hungry lion, he will hack and hack at your boyfriend (or husband if you marry) until you cave in, your mental health will no doubt become darker, I share with you sister, I have been in that hole, it gets blacker, it gets deeper, the light goes out. I share in love, my heart is deeply concerned.

Does righteousness and sin mix?
Would you drink pure water with a drop of filthy blood in it? Sin turns everything sour.

If the devil attempted to tempt Jesus to sin, how much easier is it for him to attack you and me?

No, it does not mix.

There are so may unequally yoked marriages in the world. I did not say you should go there, but I'm 'already' in one. That's how I see it. We are ONE flesh.

Look to Jesus, keep your eyes on Jesus, Trust in the Lord with all your heart, He will guide your paths Kitty

We are praying for you.

Think very carefully about your relationship with your boyfriend, don't rush and make decisions you will regret. His fruits will continue to show, and if they show before you marry, will they really change afterwards. You can say, but brother paul I pray for his salvation, nothing is impossible for God. I agree Kitty, but hearts have to change, I have prayed for 30 years for my wife's salvation and I know many more like this. The spiritual battles can be hell, mental torture.

Thank you for you kindness. I'd be the happiest person in the world, if he converts, but it is not in my power to convert him or force my beliefs.

Staff Member
God asks me to abstain from the sex before marriage and the word of God asks me to protect myself against temptation. But he does not tell me to do things I can’t bear. Just because you have a bible does not mean you keep adding to it. Do not add to His words, Or He will reprove you, and you will be found a liar. (Proverbs 30:6)

Jesus broke the rules. Not Just that. He is also having fun doing it. To HIM, people mattered more than HIS rules. To him my daughter matters more than every rule in this bible. I praise the lord. My sins (past, present, and future) are covered by HIM.

Peter denied Jesus three times and God saved him anyway. if you don't have enough self-control, then go ahead and get married. After all, it is better to marry than to burn with desire.

@KittyLinda

You are fighting against the conviction going on in your heart.,

The Lord is able to bless and keep you (and your daughter) more abundantly than anything this world can offer you.
Please stop making excuses

I am closing this thread as you need to reflect on these matters Kittylinda and ask the Lord to show you the right way.
Brothers and sisters here have written to guide you in Christian love.
Take it to the Lord in prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.