• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

New kid on the block

Hello to all: I'm Softheart and new on this site; sure need some help in this particular application. I'm not the smartest kid in the class when it comes to computer programs. I'm a 63 y.o. wife, mom & MaMa; partially retired & hopefully a full retiree by next June 2011. I need someone on here to help me along in knowing how to do all the important things this site offers. Please keep in mind I usually need pretty detailed info to follow. Look forward to being able to find some really good friends; tired of logging onto sites that end up being dating sites. I don't need a date; been married for 40+ yrs & still am. So here I am waiting on your help!!!!! Sincerely.........

G'day Softheart,

Post any questions you have about the site, and how to navigate it, and someone will give you the good oil asap.

Welcome and nice name btw.

God bless.

Dear agua: I appreciate your response to me; there are so many things, I'm not sure where to start but will ask if there is a list a person can have for shortcut lingo for the comp. I had a friend tell me about a month ago what the letters TTYL meant because she used it several times & I had NO clue what it meant. :huh: I'm learning bits & pieces and am very excited about finding this site hoping to make many
friends.:friends: Look forward to a response once again. Take care & may all who reads this be blessed.

Sincerely, Softheart:love:

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
St John 15:13

Welcome Dear Lady 'Softheart'

I trust you will be blessed as you visit and take part in rhe converse.

Welcome to the community Softheart (great choice of name by the way). Glad to have you here with us. Hope you enjoy the fellowship and your stay. Blessings in Christ.

Hello Skipbeat: Thank you for the message; I don't know a lot about this site & today I was told because I stepped out for a bit but didn't log out I'd have to be reported, so I don't know if I'll be allowed to get in the chat room again. If not I'll just unsubscibe & keep hoping I'll find someone who wants to chat w/a Christian lady. Take care & may God bless you.

Sincerely, Softheart

Softheart when you are inactive in the chat room for a long period it automatically logs you out.
You can immediately log back in with no problems.

Last edited:
There are no unnecessary parts in the body of Christ. They even let me post here :)
Glad to have you

Gary

Active
Welcome Softheart Here unlike other sites, people not only know what they believe, but why they believe as well! Many good brothers and sister here to help you in any way!! Welcome to LOVE,in Jesus name!

Hi SoftHeart,

Welcome to the site. It is wonderful to have you here with us on the site. We here look forward to getting to know you through your posts and in the chatroom. God bless you!

Dear agua: I appreciate your response to me; there are so many things, I'm not sure where to start but will ask if there is a list a person can have for shortcut lingo for the comp. I had a friend tell me about a month ago what the letters TTYL meant because she used it several times & I had NO clue what it meant. :huh: I'm learning bits & pieces and am very excited about finding this site hoping to make many
friends.:friends: Look forward to a response once again. Take care & may all who reads this be blessed.

Sincerely, Softheart:love:

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
St John 15:13

G'day again softheart,

I just noticed you asked me a question and I hadn't replied. Sorry about that. I have no idea where we can find a list of computer lingo but I suggest we can learn by doing. Every time you see a strange word/lingo ask the person to explain what it means. I recall you have already nabbed me in the chat room a couple of times to explain some Australiana. : p

Chat soon,

God bless.

Thanks to all who've commented on my wall; I appreciate your concern. I noticed in my first page, I made an error in my prospective retirement date. It is supposed to be June 2012. I can't begin to tell you how much I'm looking forward to then. My body is just about on it's last muscle & string of sinew. I haven't been formally diagnosed w/firbromyalgia because I can't afford to go to a rheumatologist at the present time but have symptoms of it & the last few days have been pretty miserable.:coocoo: Pain will cause you to lose your mind if you have to deal with it very long. I'm looking forward to making long-time friends & learning more about Jesus everyday. I've been a Christian since 1968 & have learned many things & grown in Christs' everlasting love. Oh what a Savior!!!!!

Sincerely, Softheart

Staff Member
Welcome Aboard

Glad you found TJ! I'm sure you'll find friends to fellowship with, pray with, and just be there for you.
I'll be praying for your healing.
Don't worry about dates here. Been married for 28yrs and happily so (Thank the Lord everyday for her.)

Don't worry, about getting around. It can take sometime, to get used to. If you get into problems, just look up one of the Moderators or any other folks that have been here a while and they'll be glad to help.

Once you get used to it, then they'll change the format and you'll have start all over again...naaahhh just kidding....
Nice Testimony Sister.
YBIC
C4E

Hello SoftHeart!

I am new to the site as well and also looking to make friends. I hope to "see" you around the forums .

Congratulations on being so near to your retirement!