• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

My broken heart

Hello everyone, recently my heart has been broken by my boyfriend who told me he is so deep in love with me and promised me to marry me and create a family together until a week ago he blocked me off his life and never said a word again and left without closure after 2-month break. I feel broken and shattered, I feel like my soul has been ripped out and as much as I have been praying and healing together with God, I still feel so broken because I was so in love and really did trust him until he broke me in every aspect. However, I would also appreciate if you pray for him that God heals his heart and he sees his mistakes but also I pray that he succeeds in life.

Active
Awwww .... Blue, poor lil you. I can so relate to your post, been there. Suddenly your world goes from overflowing to empty and devoid, in what seems like a moment.

You don't want to hear this and I know you won't see it, but this is the best thing that could happen to you. Sorry but he never loved you, you doted on him but it wasn't reciprocal. Would you have asked him for a 2 month break? No way, you loved him so why would you want a break from him? No, sorry, he didn't love you. More likely he had another gf that he wanted to try out for a couple of months to see if she was better than you. That's not love. Girl, you dodged a bullet there.

Please, please, please forget and move on. Throw yourself into that other love in your life. Celebrate the wonder of God and fall in love with Him. Promise, He'll never ask you for a two month break. Spend more time in prayer and reading the Bible, learn to express your love and adoration.

Try making deeper friendships in church, people of both sexes and different ages, broaden your horizons. Take at least a two month break from dating, remembering in future that 99. 9% of guys are plebs, there's a lot that are nicely packaged but they are empty. Don't go hunting and looking, and then one day you'll happen to bump into a guy that's one of the 0.001% and he'll love you to bits. Someone who deserves you.

Remember God has to be your focus and imperative, everything else is gravy.

God bless you Blue xx

=============================

Dear Lord God, I pray for my gorgeous sister Blue, she's been so let down and devastated by this guy. I know you are with her right now, feeling her hurt with her. Pray Lord God you'll help her refocus on you and take in your goodness and care, luxuriate in your love God. I pray Lord you'll give her a better insight into your plans for her, giving her the reassurance that she can wait upon you patiently knowing that you have a plan, resisting the temptation to wrest control and jump into a wrong situation. She so needs to always see your will in her life.

More than that God, please, a very special blessing on your daughter and my little sister.

Amen.

Awwww .... Blue, poor lil you. I can so relate to your post, been there. Suddenly your world goes from overflowing to empty and devoid, in what seems like a moment.

You don't want to hear this and I know you won't see it, but this is the best thing that could happen to you. Sorry but he never loved you, you doted on him but it wasn't reciprocal. Would you have asked him for a 2 month break? No way, you loved him so why would you want a break from him? No, sorry, he didn't love you. More likely he had another gf that he wanted to try out for a couple of months to see if she was better than you. That's not love. Girl, you dodged a bullet there.

Please, please, please forget and move on. Throw yourself into that other love in your life. Celebrate the wonder of God and fall in love with Him. Promise, He'll never ask you for a two month break. Spend more time in prayer and reading the Bible, learn to express your love and adoration.

Try making deeper friendships in church, people of both sexes and different ages, broaden your horizons. Take at least a two month break from dating, remembering in future that 99. 9% of guys are plebs, there's a lot that are nicely packaged but they are empty. Don't go hunting and looking, and then one day you'll happen to bump into a guy that's one of the 0.001% and he'll love you to bits. Someone who deserves you.

Remember God has to be your focus and imperative, everything else is gravy.

God bless you Blue xx

=============================

Dear Lord God, I pray for my gorgeous sister Blue, she's been so let down and devastated by this guy. I know you are with her right now, feeling her hurt with her. Pray Lord God you'll help her refocus on you and take in your goodness and care, luxuriate in your love God. I pray Lord you'll give her a better insight into your plans for her, giving her the reassurance that she can wait upon you patiently knowing that you have a plan, resisting the temptation to wrest control and jump into a wrong situation. She so needs to always see your will in her life.

More than that God, please, a very special blessing on your daughter and my little sister.

Amen.
Thank you so much for all of your kinds words and for your prayer, this has for sure made me look at things from a different perspective and also made my Christmas evening even more special. Thank you so much, God bless you!

Staff Member
Greetings @blueprint

Praying for you.
Trusting the Lord to give comfort and peace.

Thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed upon Thee because he trusteth in Thee
Isaiah 26:3

Hello everyone, recently my heart has been broken by my boyfriend who told me he is so deep in love with me and promised me to marry me and create a family together until a week ago he blocked me off his life and never said a word again and left without closure after 2-month break. I feel broken and shattered, I feel like my soul has been ripped out and as much as I have been praying and healing together with God, I still feel so broken because I was so in love and really did trust him until he broke me in every aspect. However, I would also appreciate if you pray for him that God heals his heart and he sees his mistakes but also I pray that he succeeds in life.

Dear,
I know how it feels. I think that expectations in a relationship aren't the best thing sometimes... :)
Don't trust his words just actions.
I truly believe it will pass soon. Remember God is the real source of love. :love:

Don't feel bad, you'll get over it. Same thing happened to me, he is a Christian.
I know God is in control. Have faith and ask god to heal you heart and truly forgive him for what he have done.

let God have to take away who has to take away and let him put who has to put in your life. He'll have something better for you.