• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Mental illness. Demons. Jesus.

I have a mental illness. I recently underwent experiences where it felt like the devil or demons were trying to get me to give up my will. Ive also experienced the bible playing out in me but in a negative way. I even had thought Jesus not good when i am in these ill periods. Its like my consciouneess drops to see everything negative. My faith has been rocky since these experiences but im hoping and trusting Jesus will even bring me through this. Im not tturning from him even though i feel fear at the thoughts that come about him. I dont know if they are my thoughts anyway. Anyone experienced similar or can give support or encouragement pls?

Staff Member
Bless you,
shall be praying you get some good advice and friendship here and that you really do get God's peace in Jesus Christ the Lord ....><>

Loyal
I have a mental illness. I recently underwent experiences where it felt like the devil or demons were trying to get me to give up my will. Ive also experienced the bible playing out in me but in a negative way. I even had thought Jesus not good when i am in these ill periods. Its like my consciouneess drops to see everything negative. My faith has been rocky since these experiences but im hoping and trusting Jesus will even bring me through this. Im not tturning from him even though i feel fear at the thoughts that come about him. I dont know if they are my thoughts anyway. Anyone experienced similar or can give support or encouragement pls?

Greetings @Trusting

Mental illness is more common than we tend to realise, you certainly need our prayer, that is assured, but you also need professional help, and as our dear brother above has said, friendship with people you can trust.

Your Testimony - When i was at my lowest God met me there are turned my life around.

That is a good place to think back to, your user name is also very encouraging.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Isaiah 40:31
Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Greetings @Trusting

Mental illness is more common than we tend to realise, you certainly need our prayer, that is assured, but you also need professional help, and as our dear brother above has said, friendship with people you can trust.

Your Testimony - When i was at my lowest God met me there are turned my life around.

That is a good place to think back to, your user name is also very encouraging.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Isaiah 40:31
Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Ty. I have the professional help. Your prayers are much appreciated too

Staff Member
Greetings @Trusting

Even when your mind is trapped in scary delusional thought processes......

You can do a reality check by looking at some powerful verses in the Bible.

Perhaps even have them written down somewhere....a Biblical First aid kit.

Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
Jude verses 24-25

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised).
Hebrews 10:23

Loyal
Ty. I have the professional help. Your prayers are much appreciated too

May the good Lord Bless you, Guide you and Protect you.

If the devil knocks on your door, send Jesus. Rebuke the devil in Jesus Name and give God the Glory.

Bless you.

Active
Hi Trusting, modern science tells us that it's likely that mental illness is no different than diabetes, heart disease and a whole host of other congenital disorders, and like them genetic factors play a big role in susceptibility. Instead of having a dodgy ticker you've got some sort of chemical imbalance or something like that. I really don't think that what you're suffering is some sort of satanic attack, you're definitely not demon possessed, Holy Spirit possessed definitely but not demon. That's not to say that it's beneath Satan to use your problems as a weapon against you, so we definitely need to pray about that.

From your post I would say you're doing all the right things, you're getting medical help and you're learning to distinguish between unhealthy weird thoughts from your everyday thoughts and putting your unhealthy thoughts into an archive in your head to be ignored and forgotten about.

I say, keep on keeping on. I'd also say keep on reading your Bible and if it goes a bit wonky put it down for an hour or two and go back to it. Chat to your pastor or vicar and see if he / she can ask a few church members to keep in touch with you and pray with you. Most important of all is to keep in touch with God, He'll get you through this and help you overcome.

Like any other physical condition, a really healthy diet avoiding processed meals stuffed with preservatives, flavorings, colours and other chemicals and lots of exercise will do no harm whatsoever.

==================

Dear Lord God, thank you, thank you, thank you that you have given us two amazing resources to get us past our problems so that we can focus our thoughts on adoration of you. Thank you for your Holy Spirit. I know that the mind is powerful but your Spirit Lord is so much more powerful. Father I pray that your Spirit will start a healing process in Trustworthy's head, so that he / she can carry on with his / her walk with you, enjoying the warm feeling and peace that comes with a closer walk with you.

I also for the Christian brothers and sisters in his / her circle. I pray that as he / she reaches out they will step up to the mark with plenty of love, deep friendship and support, emotionally and prayerfully.

We ask that you bring a full recovery to Trustworthy so that he / she can worship you, as you deserve.

Amen

Hi Trusting, modern science tells us that it's likely that mental illness is no different than diabetes, heart disease and a whole host of other congenital disorders, and like them genetic factors play a big role in susceptibility. Instead of having a dodgy ticker you've got some sort of chemical imbalance or something like that. I really don't think that what you're suffering is some sort of satanic attack, you're definitely not demon possessed, Holy Spirit possessed definitely but not demon. That's not to say that it's beneath Satan to use your problems as a weapon against you, so we definitely need to pray about that.

From your post I would say you're doing all the right things, you're getting medical help and you're learning to distinguish between unhealthy weird thoughts from your everyday thoughts and putting your unhealthy thoughts into an archive in your head to be ignored and forgotten about.

I say, keep on keeping on. I'd also say keep on reading your Bible and if it goes a bit wonky put it down for an hour or two and go back to it. Chat to your pastor or vicar and see if he / she can ask a few church members to keep in touch with you and pray with you. Most important of all is to keep in touch with God, He'll get you through this and help you overcome.

Like any other physical condition, a really healthy diet avoiding processed meals stuffed with preservatives, flavorings, colours and other chemicals and lots of exercise will do no harm whatsoever.

==================

Dear Lord God, thank you, thank you, thank you that you have given us two amazing resources to get us past our problems so that we can focus our thoughts on adoration of you. Thank you for your Holy Spirit. I know that the mind is powerful but your Spirit Lord is so much more powerful. Father I pray that your Spirit will start a healing process in Trustworthy's head, so that he / she can carry on with his / her walk with you, enjoying the warm feeling and peace that comes with a closer walk with you.

I also for the Christian brothers and sisters in his / her circle. I pray that as he / she reaches out they will step up to the mark with plenty of love, deep friendship and support, emotionally and prayerfully.

We ask that you bring a full recovery to Trustworthy so that he / she can worship you, as you deserve.

Amen
Ty Andyindauk. I appreciate youre certainty that im spirit filled cos ive been questioning that of late. I also feel the strength of your prayer and Pauls agreement with it below. Im glad to be here.

I had some real mental/emotional problems in my past. It took me a couple of years to figure it out. It was NOT a hard work but at the beginning I thought a bit different.
I truly believe that everything is possible for God. Pray and expect miracles.
Sending love and warmness :love:

You are not alone many Christians are under spiritual attack mentally everywhere around the world. Keep your eyes on God Jesus and Holy spirit for help as they can do what you can't. The battle is Christ's. I have been going through intrusive thoughts and their terrible sometimes I don't know where I start and they finish. But I trust Jesus and Holy spirit. So many are under spiritual attack you have to hang in there under the protection of the father. Satan is attacking more cause he knows Jesus is going to wipe him off the planet.

[/QUOTE]
You are not alone many Christians are under spiritual attack mentally everywhere around the world. Keep your eyes on God Jesus and Holy spirit for help as they can do what you can't. The battle is Christ's. I have been going through intrusive thoughts and their terrible sometimes I don't know where I start and they finish. But I trust Jesus and Holy spirit. So many are under spiritual attack you have to hang in there under the protection of the father. Satan is attacking more cause he knows Jesus is going to wipe him off the planet.

Hi Karyn

Im learning just says to the thoughts...thats a lie...its actually really helping.
For a while the thoughts had confused me so much i couldnt even pick up the word. I am reading, praying it and speaking it aloud now.

I know sometimes its really hard. I pray you keep in His protection and trust.

Love
Trusting

Loyal
The physical mind has no connection to the "spiritual mind of Christ" which is in you (1 Cor 2:16). The flesh can be dominated by the Word of God which can change anything by its divine power! The things that are seen are only temporary, but the things unseen are eternal. If we control our tongue (by the Holy Spirit speaking God's word) we can control the our physical body through faith

Pro 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
Pro 4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
Pro 4:22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Psa 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Loyal
Something is really happening for the last few years with born from above Christians. There is a strong attack upon them. There is something strange about it. The Lord is allowing it to happen. Purpose, to bring us closer. I believe. A “sanctification” I believe is taking place. For we do know it is the will of the Father,. Even your Sanctification. I will say this again, in which I have said before in other areas. Most Christians do not understand what you are going through. They are assuming with good attention. I will say this again, check for “idols in your life, money, a person, a church, a club, a organisation, sexual sins, all sexual sins, a sport, Repent , turn alway. Read your Bible. NT front to back. Also, “Blesseth is the person who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly”. Come out from among them. Cast off all idols!!!!!! Any time there is heavy attacking of a true Christians . I am not saying this is the cause of mental illness attacks, but do an examination of yourself. No formulas. This is simple. Fast and read bible NT Matthew to Revelation. What do you have to lose. Wash yourself in the word of God, do not take a bird bath in it, immerse in it.❤

Loyal
Have you given thought to the concept that if a born-again believer Isn't experiencing some attacking that maybe it's because there is nothing being done In their lives to Be attacked.

Seems that 'we've' talked about this previously. Born-again believers are left in this world to share the Gospel of salvation to everyone. We live amongst non-believers, probably work with them. In the same grocery stores with people.
Are 'we' pleasant to be around? Are we like-able people?

Why limit our reading to the New Testament -- there's the entire Old Testament -- just as inspired as the New Testament.

We are Not to tuck ourselves away in a commune somewhere -- simply fasting and reading our Bible all the time. And fasting all the time probably isn't healthy. Drinking lots of water Is healthy -- but so is good nutricious food.

We All need Christian fellowship found at a good, Bible -teaching church. Sharing 'life' with each other.

Get to know your neighbors -- they might be believers that you can fellowship with. Or they might be lonely and need some friendship. I can speak with some experience in that.

Loyal
No where in the Bible it tells you to go to a church or instruct you to tell somebody to go to a church. That is unbiblical. Philip did not tell the Ethiopian to go to church. A gathering of believers is for worship and not for Evangelism. Now if they walk in, ok. If God did not draw them there. They are not going to like it there, unless you are entertaining them, food drink or song. Because they love darkness better than light. You think they are going like it, when you tell them, “ you got to present yourself a living sacrifice, you have to deny yourself, you have to love your enemies, do good to those who mis-treat you. If you do not suffer with me you will not reign with me. You have to taken up your cross and follow me. You have to “Repent” of your sins . Your enemies will be from your own household, I did not come to bring peace. The peace you will receive will be in me , my peace is not like the worlds peace. You follow me, in this world you will have trials and tribulations. But if you endure you shall reign with me and my Father will love you just like He loves me.❤

38Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

39But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.❤️ What did the Bible say on many occasions, when they heard that, they no longer followed Him. What message is many of Pastors giving. ❤️

Loyal
Take a moment to look at Hebrews 10:25 context begins in vs 23 and vs 25 is central "not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. The previous verse "And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, "

We Should be inviting others to come to church with us. there Are Lots of people who Are interesting in Jesus Christ. When we were building our new church building in it's new location, we had people out walking the route To the new building praying for the people living in that new area. There are lots of curious people who Do come and Do hear God's Word. Even with a container of coffee in their hands. And we Do have a song time.

If you present that kind of negative message to people -- please do not bother to be around them.

I'm thinking that Phillip was told by the Holy Spirit to go to the Ethiopian -- he was found trying to understand some of Isaiah. He believed and asked to be baptized then and there. God was meeting the spiritual need of that man.

When the Holy Spirit prompts us to speak to someone -- by all means do so. When a new person moves in next door or across the street -- get to know them if possible -- let them know about your church. Invite them.