• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Just Got Married! What Indoor/Outdoor Activities To Do?

I have been really stressing over this lately. I live near Atlanta and surprisingly I am stuck with what to do as a married couple. Of course we do things. We are going to IMAX theater to watch a movie; just went to a park and visited sub shops around it; went to a new years eve party for a little while at a neighbors house.

But we still felt kind of empty. We run and bike occasionally on a trail near the house; but I find myself looking at other couples that are all decked out on the trail in top of the line gear and bikes and going fast like they are dedicated to the sport and each other.

I am looking for something that my wife and I would love to do together on a beautiful day. I was also very frustrated the other day because it was an extremely beautiful day and we had absolutely no plans.

I know Atlanta is huge; it might be to huge that I do not know where to start. I wish there was a list of awesome activities to do so we can start trying one at a time. I tried searching sites but I have yet to find anything that lists just about everything.

Well anyways I hope everyone here can pitch in some activities, books, and also maybe throw in some great sites to visit to get some great ideas!

Best,
ChristianMaker

A suggestion: Get two hymnals and go outside while the weather is beautiful and while filled with the Holy Spirit, sing the praise of God into the air. This can be done alone, as husband and wife, or with as many as will gather together in his name.

May God bless you with all wisdom, understanding and knowledge of how to glorify him in all that you do.

Gary

Go to a Christian Bookstore and get a Bible study youtwocan do together. Be sureto be inthe habit of going to church and Sunday School too. Read the Bible everydaytogether and pray. Take a picnic to a senic park. Go camping. Make a financial budget and stick to it!Put God first and give 10% and save 10%, and save 10% for emergiences, and live on what you make, and stay out of debt. If you do this you will taknk God you did.

The indoor activities you'll have to figure out for yourselves. :shock: Then you can always go relax at a Starbucks. :shade:

You don't need to go out every single day, it's normal for married couples to stay home sometime and do nothing. Decide on one day a week for it to be date night and plan all week what to do. Google "date ideas" and things like that. I really liked taking our dog to the park, or playing board games or even watching a movie in bed with my hubby. Sign up for marriage classes at church, you'll get out of the house, meet new people and learn a lot. Winter can be very boring but just try to get through it. (you can go to a heated pool and swim together)

Congratulations! What interests do you and your wife share? Do you like nature, my wife and I like to picnic in scenic places. We also like to go antique shopping.
Are you planning to have children?

But we still felt kind of empty. We run and bike occasionally on a trail near the house; but I find myself looking at other couples that are all decked out on the trail in top of the line gear and bikes and going fast like they are dedicated to the sport and each other.
this is confusing. your and your wife's happiness should not depend on what other couples choose to do. we all are different with different abilities, likes, dislikes. find out what you and the missus like to do and are good at doing together. what are your passions? heck you could even spend a whole day at home with each other watching movies and still have more fun than the couple in the latest gear etc.. happiness is a very personal feeling.

Ok everyone now I have the exact opposite problem! LOL!

By jotting down everything that I want to do I have come to the conclusion I can’t do everything. I guess I am going to have to decide what I can do and what I can’t do.

Here is just a list of some of the things I would or need to do.

Community College [Doing Now]
Church
Church Community Groups
Spend time with Wife
Family
Xbox + Electronics
Reading Kindle
Working Out
Bible College [One Class A Semester]
Start my own business
Biking
Hang out
Work Part Time Job
Bible Study
Movies

And a ton more at the moment I can’t think of

So how in the world can I do all of these things in my lifetime? From spending time with my wife to getting a degree to doing all the things people have suggested and what’s on my list? I think I need a serious lesson on time management.

Well in any case all of your replies have been amazing and I am jotting them down because they are a great ideas. I will be definitely trying a lot of them! Please keep the comments coming because I always like new ideas and I certainly need help with my time management.

Best,
ChristianMaker

Not to be mean or disrespectful brother, but....it seems to me that your to young to be married and haven't lived long enough to know what your priorities are.

How old are you guys and why did you get married ? If you can't figure out your own life and priorities your gonna have a long road trip trying to juggle a marriage and all that comes with a wife and her life and her priorities.

You need to figure out more then just indoor/outdoor activities to do.

My prayers go out to ya.