• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Job 16:12-14

Job 16:12-14 King James Version (KJV)
12 I was at ease, but he hath broken me asunder: he hath also taken me by my neck, and shaken me to pieces, and set me up for his mark.
13 His archers compass me round about, he cleaveth my reins asunder, and doth not spare; he poureth out my gall upon the ground.
14 He breaketh me with breach upon breach, he runneth upon me like a giant.

Job 16:12-14 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)

I was at ease, but he shattered me;
he seized me by the scruff of the neck
and smashed me to pieces.
He set me up as his target;
13 his archers surround me.
He pierces my kidneys without mercy
and pours my bile on the ground.
14 He breaks through my defenses again and again;
he charges at me like a warrior.

Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
The Christian Standard Bible. Copyright © 2017 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Christian Standard Bible®, and CSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers, all rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

12 We have a peace when we have a relationship with the Lord and things are going well but we should seek Him during tough times to keep that peace. God had not attacked him but allowed satan to attack him, God was who would be there to help him.

13 God never attacks us and when He allows us to be attacked it is often for more then one reason but could grow us by making us lean more on Him.

14 God loves us, we can't determine or measure His love by what we see because there are so much more things that we can not see And if we knew all we would have no doubt of His great love for us.

Last edited by a moderator: